"Evgenia Medvedeva" - 66 400
"Alina Zagitova" - 31 900
Last month YT vids:
"Evgenia Medvedeva" - 3690
"Alina Zagitova" - 5310
Last week YT vids:
"Evgenia Medvedeva" - 709
"Alina Zagitova" - 1060

Regarding official media, couple of weeks after the Olympics I was pretty shocked, how much support, attention and promotion Zhenya was getting in comparison to Alina, whom seemed to be completely overlooked ("don't call her 'Olympic champion'!" :eek:) or even dissed (Mr. Zagitov, please forgive us, that we love Zhenya more...:rolleye:), now I feel like it's slowly levelling out and if Alina keeps delivering in next season, I'm pretty sure, she'll take over there too.

I don't want to dig too deep on why is it so, because both girls are fine human beings having their strengths and weaknesses, fans and haters, etc., but imho:
1. People recognize and generally don't like when sb is forcing an idol on them.
2. Beauty is a powerful thing. :)
3. So is genuineness. :thumbsup:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina is slowly but surely growing on people. :agree:

Overall YT vids:
"Evgenia Medvedeva" - 122 000
"Alina Zagitova" - 40 000
Last year YT vids:
Last month YT vids:
"Alina Zagitova" - 5310
Last week YT vids:
"Alina Zagitova" - 1060

Regarding official media, couple of weeks after the Olympics I was pretty shocked, how much support, attention and promotion Zhenya was getting in comparison to Alina, whom seemed to be completely overlooked ("don't call her 'Olympic champion'!" :eek:) or even dissed (Mr. Zagitov, please forgive us, that we love Zhenya more...:rolleye:), now I feel like it's slowly levelling out and if Alina keeps delivering in next season, I'm pretty sure, she'll take over there too.

I don't want to dig too deep on why is it so, because both girls are fine human beings having their strengths and weaknesses, fans and haters, etc., but imho:
1. People recognize and generally don't like when sb is forcing an idol on them.

Interesting points. but the two were so close in performance in the olympics that Zhenyas rep and marketing did not fall. She was treated like the Olympic champion not Alina. I wonder what Alina thinks of all of this and then she's almost overshadowed by the two great young Juniors Sasha and Alena. maybe the slights against Alina Zagitova will keep her motivated for the next few years to prove that she's the best lady figure skater in the world. but the slight against Alna's father on the TV show by I believe Tarasova was ridiculous we love Zhenya more. No not eveyone. Both are wonderful. On that TV show was nice to see Adelina Sotnikova 2014 Olympic champion go up and give Mr. Zagitov a hug of congratulations for Alina.

Yes Medvedeva is more famous and popular than Zagitova at this point in their careers and they're both great representatives for Russia. Zhenya deserves all the money success and fame she can get she is earned it. Alina will get hers in time shes only 15.

Perhaps Michelle Kwan and Tara Lipinski went through something similar in 1998 where endorsements and money were concerned. although I guess they were still pure amateurs then correct?

madison

Record Breaker
Alina is slowly but surely growing on people. :agree:

Overall YT vids:
"Evgenia Medvedeva" - 122 000
"Alina Zagitova" - 40 000
Last year YT vids:
Last month YT vids:
"Alina Zagitova" - 5310
Last week YT vids:
"Alina Zagitova" - 1060

Probably, Alina Zagitova grew because of bombing at Worlds and shipping her with different men. People just love this kind of things (unfortunately), I mean drama and intrigue.:noshake: And they find kind of boring a balanced person who tends to do things good. And for the Japanese public, the dog represented a boost in her popularity. This is when it comes to the general public.
When it comes to the establishment like TAT, Yagudin, Averbukh and so on it will depend on other interests. For example, I noticed that Alina, being the only realistically chance for a medal in ladies, changed the discourse of Averbukh. And after bombing, even Yagudin showed support and said that she deservedly won the Olympics.
Ah, and something else... bad publicity is publicity, but it is not often sustainable and doesn't bring the admiration of public, just its curiosity.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
i don't understand the rules of Ice Age Kids
so each coach gets 3 single skaters? (3boys and 3girls or 3boys+girls)
there are 4 of them (tat doesn't count as a coach right?) so 24 boys and girls in total get chosen?
e.g. berestovskaya gets upvotes from all 4 so she gets to choose which coach she wants to go to and that leaves 2 spots for that coach?

skatingfan200

Medalist
Last month YT vids:
"Alina Zagitova" - 5310
Last week YT vids:
"Alina Zagitova" - 1060

Well, why has Alina more YT vids in this timeperiod? The answer is clear. Alina was in Milan, Zhenya was not.

Nobody is forcing Zhenya on them. How do you come to this conclusion? Just because some Zhenya hater on sports.ru cry that she goes to interviews?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
They said why somewhere in the old thread. But actually I don't think he'd just go without saying anything.

I read the old thread and can't remember that he said anything about leaving. Puremagic has been the motor and the soul of Russian ladies thread. I said "has been" instead of "was" because I hope that this is not the "eulogy".

tars

Record Breaker
Nobody is forcing Zhenya on them. How do you come to this conclusion? Just because some Zhenya hater on sports.ru cry that she goes to interviews?
Oh come on, first dozens of articles with "authorities" whining how "Zhenya should have won", "Zhenya deserved to win", "age limit should be increased", tv Olympic summaries with "EM took silver, bla, bla, bla, while our another Russian representative AZ won":)palmf:), etc., then the hype went full force: Zhenya at Urgant, Zhenya for Pantene, Zhenya with mom interview, Yagudin interviewing Zhenya, Zhenya in radio 1, Zhenya in radio 2, Zhenya speech at president, Zhenya for Nike, Zhenya for Vogue, Zhenya receives medal from fans, Zhenya in "Lednikovyi Period"... I bet Zhenya is in your refrigerator, if you looked closely. :roll9:
I mentioned only those which I remember, there were plenty more - it was blatant pushing second best skater down fans' throats. Thankfully, people have their own brains yet, at least in Russia - they are able to recognize and choose what they like. :)

millie

Medalist
Oh come on, first dozens of articles with "authorities" whining how "Zhenya should have won", "Zhenya deserved to win", "age limit should be increased", tv Olympic summaries with "EM took silver, bla, bla, bla, while our another Russian representative AZ won":)palmf:), etc., then the hype went full force: Zhenya at Urgant, Zhenya for Pantene, Zhenya with mom interview, Yagudin interviewing Zhenya, Zhenya in radio 1, Zhenya in radio 2, Zhenya speech at president, Zhenya for Nike, Zhenya for Vogue, Zhenya receives medal from fans, Zhenya in "Lednikovyi Period"... I bet Zhenya is in your refrigerator, if you looked closely. :roll9
I mentioned only those which I remember, there were plenty more - it was blatant pushing second best skater down fans' throats. Thankfully, people have their own brains yet, at least in Russia - they are able to recognize and choose what they like. :)

And the strange thing about it is that Zhenya is not even a Olympic Gold medalist and not even a World Gold medalists....go figure......

tars

Record Breaker
And I thought the Russian ladies thread would be a safe place for fans of Russian ladies.....
And now there’s negativity towards both top Russian ladies in here of all places...oh well :sad21:
It's not a negativity, just a critical opinion on figure skating marketing trends for Russian ladies and domestic fans reaction to that.
I personally preferred Alina winning Oly over Zhenya, but I'm not an uber fan of any of them.

skatingfan200

Medalist
Oh come on, first dozens of articles with "authorities" whining how "Zhenya should have won", "Zhenya deserved to win", "age limit should be increased", tv Olympic summaries with "EM took silver, bla, bla, bla, while our another Russian representative AZ won":)palmf:), etc., then the hype went full force: Zhenya at Urgant, Zhenya for Pantene, Zhenya with mom interview, Yagudin interviewing Zhenya, Zhenya in radio 1, Zhenya in radio 2, Zhenya speech at president, Zhenya for Nike, Zhenya for Vogue, Zhenya receives medal from fans, Zhenya in "Lednikovyi Period"... I bet Zhenya is in your refrigerator, if you looked closely. :roll9:

This is just only your subjective opinion. And the fact that you seem so angry with me (no brain, in my refrigerator is Zhenya:biggrin:) shows I hit a sore point on you with my last post:console:.

End of discussion

millie

Medalist
It's not a negativity, just a critical opinion on figure skating marketing trends for Russian ladies and domestic fans reaction to that.
I personally preferred Alina winning Oly over Zhenya, but I'm not an uber fan of any of them.

Same here, I am so happy that Alina won the Olympic Gold medal....so proud that she beat Zhenya.

Lily flowers

On the Ice
Well people always complain that every time a new Russian lady arrives the one before her is thrown under the bus, it didn’t happen this time. And I’m obviously glad. Perhaps Alina didn’t appear as much because she was training for worlds?
As for the Pantene and “Thank you , mom” (??is that correct) thing, that was decided before the Olympics.

Also, Alina is getting a lot of deserved attention in Japan now :agree:

tars

Record Breaker
This is just only your subjective opinion. And the fact that you seem so angry with me (no brain, in my refrigerator is Zhenya:biggrin:)) shows I hit a sore point on you with my last post:console:.

End of discussion
I'm not angry at all, I can't even remember exchanging opinions with you here, so why would I? Everything is cool, girls are making money, people are worshipping who they like and weirdos like me mull over it in off-season. No biggie and peace. :agree:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
So, have you finished? With your hate to Evgenia? and all this cry about poor Alina?
Do you really think that Evgenia's fan shouldn't love and support her after second place at OG?
with this logic.... I don't even want to know what you feel after Alina's 5th place at WC.... It's so sad that some of Alina's fans hypocrites.....