Page 5 of 965 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I have no idea if this girl can jump but #TeamShelepen has a legit spinning superstar

https://instagram.com/p/Bgva3j5B4gM/
    Good heavens. Amazing spinning. She looks stronger than most girl figure skaters. who is she and who is she coached by? Not Eteri I gather.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by atsumiri View Post
    She is refreshing and cute. she ended the interview by saying she wanted to go to her parents house in their hometown and lie on the sofa and do nothing. Lol! I think we all feel like that sometimes we just want to lie down and do nothing but Alina Zagitova works a lot harder than we do. She has a very tough and demanding job. This girl needs a break a serious rest. To reboot for next season.

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Good heavens. Amazing spinning. She looks stronger than most girl figure skaters. who is she and who is she coached by? Not Eteri I gather.
    She’s coached by Polina’s Shelepen and she was trying 3a yesterday with no harness. I don’t know her name and at what level she competes. Polina has a group of 5 or 6 skaters and I think she is a member of #teamshelepen. You can click on the daily Instagram story to see...it’s still up for a couple of more hours. Just click her avatar.
    https://www.instagram.com/pelageia95

Not sure if you remember Polina but she was a former Eteri student and she was there when Yulia first started there.

Tripping on the Podium

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloaxel View Post
    I was wondering, do you think Zagitova's next FS will be completely backloaded again? It will be difficult to find a music that fits it. When they tried with Zhenya at the beginning of the season it wasn't really working because, contrarily to DQ, it didn't really fit the music
    With Kostornaia and Zagitova the backloading works because they only need half a ring (or less) to prepare for flips or any jumps in general. Preparation time is money when it comes to backloading. With Zhenya it is already critical because needs the full rink size for her Salchow-Toeloop combo or for Flips. That was the problem with her backloaded program. There was no program anymore because it was jumping jumping jumping in the end. She almost ran out of time. Backloading only works when you don't need much time and rink size to prepare for jumps. Kostner would never be able to do a backloaded program because for her it would be impossible to fit 7 jump passes in 2 minutes.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    She’s coached by Polina’s Shelepen and she was trying 3a yesterday with no harness. I don’t know her name and at what level she competes. Polina has a group of 5 or 6 skaters and I think she is a member of #teamshelepen. You can click on the daily Instagram story to see...it’s still up for a couple of mor gore hours. Click her avatar.

Not sure if you remember Polina but she was a former Eteri student and she was there when Yulia first started there.
    Thank you.

Then Polina is a very young coach if she used to train with Yula under Eteri.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Thank you.

Then Polina is a very young coach if she used to train with Yula under Eteri.
    Probably around 22yrs old. She’s the one on the left in THIS photo from 2011 Junior Grand Prix season. Julia left the KnC to go hug her when she won the JGPF .

She’s a young one but she’s been coaching a few years now and building up a strong group. She has a little guy in white skates that I think will be really good.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    She’s coached by Polina’s Shelepen and she was trying 3a yesterday with no harness. I don’t know her name and at what level she competes. Polina has a group of 5 or 6 skaters and I think she is a member of #teamshelepen. You can click on the daily Instagram story to see...it’s still up for a couple of more hours. Just click her avatar.

https://i.loli.net/2018/03/26/5ab91336e05a9.gif

Looks like a 2A with 60 degrees extra, still laking 300 degrees rotation (or 210 to not get the < mark) so I think there is still a long way to go.
    It seems to me that 3A is the trend among Novice B girls nowadays? So many young ladies trying it!

Match Penalty

3 Not allowed!
    Zagitova looks like 20 in her Ex make up, Pogorilaya like 15 in her radio interview.
    Dames...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tars View Post
    Zagitova looks like 20 in her Ex make up, Pogorilaya like 15 in her radio interview.
    Dames...
    Alina still looks 15-16 to me there.

4 Not allowed!
    Probably around 22yrs old. She’s the one on the left in THIS photo from 2011 Junior Grand Prix season. Julia left the KnC to go hug her when she won the JGPF .
    Seeing Eteri’s former face creeped me out a little bit.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by largeman View Post
    Is it the nose?

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!

She’s a young one but she’s been coaching a few years now and building up a strong group. She has a little guy in white skates that I think will be really good.
    that is amazing video very precious thank you so much for that.

Eteri's girls even had friendship and warmth for each other back then. the reaction of Yulia and Polina was so nice to say and then they had the group hug with the coaches. Amazing.

Match Penalty

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloaxel View Post
    Is it the nose?
    It's her everything.

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    Crazy to see eteri so happy that she is jumping!
    and its really heartwarming to see the joy the girls have for one another and from the coaches side!

Can I give you some advice? Skate better. AshWagsFan's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Nice thread! The next season will be so exciting especially when it comes to juniors!

Sasha 4T and 4S

Alenka 3A

And please :

Anya 4T
    Alena’s triple axel is gorgeous!!!

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by largeman View Post
    I didn't know Eteri had done some work on her face. It's weird seeing her so different in these past videos.

Match Penalty

7 Not allowed!

The difference when her skaters are getting 160-170 points and she's so happy and now when her junior skaters are getting 200+ and she hardly reacts at all *not_impressed_face.jpg*

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvina9894 View Post
    https://i.loli.net/2018/03/26/5ab91336e05a9.gif

Looks like a 2A with 60 degrees extra, still laking 300 degrees rotation (or 210 to not get the < mark) so I think there is still a long way to go.
    It seems to me that 3A is the trend among Novice B girls nowadays? So many young ladies trying it!
    Yup ... it’s short but still cool to see one of Polina’s kids giving the 3a an honest send. I hope to see her coaching at the highest level some day. She’s a lot of fun to follow and she makes those kids put in work

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by russianfan View Post
    The difference when her skaters are getting 160-170 points and she's so happy and now when her junior skaters are getting 200+ and she hardly reacts at all *not_impressed_face.jpg*
    Back then Sambo was kind of the weird cousin to CSKA and the politicking was definitely in CSKA’s favor. Julia’s success starting with Gold at Skate Canada was the beginning of a lot of momentum for Eteri as a coach. The score even surprised them She was always very warm with Julia in the KnC until there relationship soured. Probably CoC incident and the drama with her rejected Aberbukh program. It’s a shame. I hope one day they sit down and work it out. While announcing on Telesport she seems very positive about Eteri and especially her students.

#MemoryLane

Page 5 of 965 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast