2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 504 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Samodurova's costume for her current sp is too plain, almost like a swimming suit with a skirt. I thought it was a temporary costume.
She also looks very slow in the video

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Samodurova's costume for her current sp is too plain, almost like a swimming suit with a skirt. I thought it was a temporary costume.
She also looks very slow in the video

Yeah, I agree she should change the SP costume. Her FS dress is super lit though

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Samodurova skated her Hava Nagila programme at a local competition a couple of days ago. Do you think she has switched back to it?

I think she skated it for the exhibition, although I hope she will switch back to it cause I love it so much

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
My guess for Tarakanova is if she is top 9 of the russians in terms of SB she will get GPs next year and then she will move on to seniors. If not she will probably do JGP for one mor year (apart from eteris two new girls the girls coming up next year dont seam that strong) here she will hopefully make the final for a third time which will help her build reputation. Then she might get one of the later CS to make her international senior debute.

I actually think Tarakanova have a better chance of making the JW team his year than last. Rus fed clearly dont want 3 girls from the same school (which is why she never had a chance last year). This year i would consider her the best non Eteri junior and therefore she might get the third spot. Unless 3A bring out the 3A and quads to force rusfeds hands (assuming tarakanova dont have a quad at this point)

I think it will be Alena Kanysheva in JWC tbh. Tarakanova or Kanysheva

voolfee

On the Ice
Polina Plakhotnaya 3Lutz at the age of 10: https://streamable.com/ghzta

Who knows whether she'll do something crazy in a couple of years...

I don't think that this is something special in Russia. And Plakhotnaya is born in 2007, same as Samodelkina who jumps 3Lz-3Lo, same as Akatieva and Berestovskaya who jump 3Lz-3T. I think a lot of russian girls who were born in 2007 and 2008, can jump 3Lz.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't think that this is something special in Russia. And Plakhotnaya is born in 2007, same as Samodelkina who jumps 3Lz-3Lo, same as Akatieva and Berestovskaya who jump 3Lz-3T. I think a lot of russian girls who were born in 2007 and 2008, can jump 3Lz.
She's born in 2008. And the point isn't that she can jump a 3Lz, it's that it's so big. Much bigger than those of Samodelkina, Akatieva or Berestovskaya.

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I bet it's going to be Radionova, followed by Panenkova and Samodurova. Radio's jumps are getting worse and worse. I don't blame her because she has grown so much bigger than her junior years, not just height, but body proportion. The other two don't have much height in their current jumps, so very likely they are going to lose them once they grow more. Konstantinova actually is in a much better shape, because I don't see a downward trajectory.

I don’t hunk it would be Samodurova. Despite her jumps being small they are quite tidy and consistent. I think Tsurskaya could be out instead - she seems to be struggling lately and often has problems with landing and rotating her jumps as they are so big but slow rotating and uncontrollable :/

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm very much new to figure skating (started following post Sochi), but since Tarakanova's debut she gave me the impression of someone who grabs Russia's 3rd spot, like Pogo. Never the top dog, but always present in the major events.

You all know I can be very pessimist. This can come as simply surpersticion (I never allowed myself to hype Tsurskaya because her name's Polina, and Polinas don't seem to be very lucky in Russia) or, I don't know, a feeling. Shcherbakova seems so fragile, despise jumping quads left and right...

For next year, I believe Trusova and Kostornaya are locks, unless Alena continues to make mistakes. Then there's Tarakanova and Shcherbakova. I don't think RusFed will move up all four. I also think the Junior Worlds spots will be disputed by 3 of those.

TechPanel

Rinkside
3 new Eteri juniors next season... I doubt they'd want to have 5 Eteri girls in juniors at one time. Cycling 3 at a time makes more sense.

The 3A might not even all be Eteri girls next year. So much can change in a season, never mind a year. I could see Kostornaia being the next to leave if she feels pushed out by the quad queens.

moriel

Record Breaker
The 3A might not even all be Eteri girls next year. So much can change in a season, never mind a year. I could see Kostornaia being the next to leave if she feels pushed out by the quad queens.

there is a thing about leaving though. Eteri is still the best ladies coach ;)

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I'm very much new to figure skating (started following post Sochi), but since Tarakanova's debut she gave me the impression of someone who grabs Russia's 3rd spot, like Pogo. Never the top dog, but always present in the major events.

You all know I can be very pessimist. This can come as simply surpersticion (I never allowed myself to hype Tsurskaya because her name's Polina, and Polinas don't seem to be very lucky in Russia) or, I don't know, a feeling. Shcherbakova seems so fragile, despise jumping quads left and right...

For next year, I believe Trusova and Kostornaya are locks, unless Alena continues to make mistakes. Then there's Tarakanova and Shcherbakova. I don't think RusFed will move up all four. I also think the Junior Worlds spots will be disputed by 3 of those.

I think Shcherbakova may move up, she is older than Trusova after all - she will be 15 in March

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I'm very much new to figure skating (started following post Sochi)

Also you’re not new at all [emoji23] I started following at the Pyeongchang Olympics! But caught on very quickly

moriel

Record Breaker
I think Shcherbakova may move up, she is older than Trusova after all - she will be 15 in March

I think Shcherbakova has better chances than Tarakanova, if the choice is between those two.
Look at the scores this season
(highest - lowest)
221.44 221.00 Trusova
205.39 195.56 Shcherbakova
203.50 198.38 Kostornaia
191.84 187.55 Kanysheva
190.69 190.05 Tarakanova

Shcherbakova lowest score this season is still higher than Tarakanova's best.

I don't really see how Shcherbakova can not be a lock

Ziotic

Medalist
I think Shcherbakova has better chances than Tarakanova, if the choice is between those two.
Look at the scores this season
(highest - lowest)
221.44 221.00 Trusova
205.39 195.56 Shcherbakova
203.50 198.38 Kostornaia
191.84 187.55 Kanysheva
190.69 190.05 Tarakanova

Shcherbakova lowest score this season is still higher than Tarakanova's best.

I don't really see how Shcherbakova can not be a lock

They typically don’t like giving 3 Eteri girls he slots. So it would make sense that they send Tarakanova over 3 Eteri.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
They typically don’t like giving 3 Eteri girls he slots. So it would make sense that they send Tarakanova over 3 Eteri.

I would think it would be Kanysheva, not Tarakanova, if both are clean though. And if the 3A all bring the quads/3As and are clean, then they're going.

colormyworld240

Medalist

Unlike previous years, where Gubanova was pushed out for Konstantinova, the girls' TES will be too high for politicking imo, if they're clean. Trusova is a lock I think even if she isn't clean at nationals, and Shchebakova if she's clean, I don't think they can push anyone to overcome her TES advantage. I also can't see them pushing someone over Kostornaia if she's clean as she already has many titles, including medals on junior and senior nats. If Shchberkova and/or Kostornaia make a few mistakes, then they can push one of the other girls if they're clean. However, the non-Eteri girls this time around aren't overwhelmingly favoured by TAT, which is also another factor.

neusw

On the Ice
As much as they won't like sending 3 Eteri girls, I really can't see how they can reasonably hold back any of them if they are far and away ahead of the rest of the field. It would simply be shooting themselves in the foot. Last year, I agree that Tarakanova could've been scored higher, but she was by no means far and away ahead of the #4 junior, whoever you consider that to be. This year, we have 3 Eteri girls who, when clean, can outscore the #4 junior by 15-40 points. That's not a difference that can be easily overcome by politicking.

Ziotic

Medalist
As much as they won't like sending 3 Eteri girls, I really can't see how they can reasonably hold back any of them if they are far and away ahead of the rest of the field. It would simply be shooting themselves in the foot. Last year, I agree that Tarakanova could've been scored higher, but she was by no means far and away ahead of the #4 junior, whoever you consider that to be. This year, we have 3 Eteri girls who, when clean, can outscore the #4 junior by 15-40 points. That's not a difference that can be easily overcome by politicking.

Are you sure, they sent Konstantinova last year and I’m pretty sure that was 100% politicking.