2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I think a rumor, but considering how the Russian rumors are turning out today...
... In general. Russian rumors - Assuming it's a strong rumor - tend to turn out to be true. And it does make sense. She isn't really an Eteri type skater and Eteri hasn't really been able to help her recently. I also don't think that the style of choreography she has received has done her any favors - In fact, I think that Tsurskaya's programs have consistently let her down.

Well, these developments are only a good thing for Shcherbakova. She will be much higher in priority and get more attention. Hopefully that will translate into great things for her.

moriel

Record Breaker
Polina as well, apparently she's going to CSKA :shocked:

This one looked as very rumory tbh, I would wait to see what happens.
If positive, that sucks - CSKA hasn't been doing their skaters any favors lately, see sotskova and her snoozefest programs, or radionova and her 0 improvement after moving =(

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I know that Evgenia is a huge topic right now, but I’d also love to find out more about what’s going on with Nugumanova, Samodurova, and others. Did N really switch coaches? How’s the 3A coming along for Kostornaya? Did Elena retire or will she keep going?

Seruleane

Final Flight
This one looked as very rumory tbh, I would wait to see what happens.
If positive, that sucks - CSKA hasn't been doing their skaters any favors lately, see sotskova and her snoozefest programs, or radionova and her 0 improvement after moving =(

Well, to be fair I don't think Elena's lack of improvement was CSKA or Buyanova's fault. I love Elena, but based on her instagram, I don't think she has been training as hard as she used to, or as hard as the other skaters (e.g. Eteri's girls). This has been the trend for a couple seasons now, and I think switching from Goncharenko to Buyanova was silly. I don't blame her- it's hard to train rigorously when you are young, beautiful and have many other opportunities awaiting you. I would love to see Elena come back in top form though.

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, to be fair I don't think Elena's lack of improvement was CSKA or Buyanova's fault. I love Elena, but based on her instagram, I don't think she has been training as hard as she used to, or as hard as the other skaters (e.g. Eteri's girls). This has been the trend for a couple seasons now, and I think switching from Goncharenko to Buyanova was silly. I don't blame her- it's hard to train rigorously when you are young, beautiful and have many other opportunities awaiting you. I would love to see Elena come back in top form though.

Still not excited, sorry. Take Buyanova - i mean, all her pupils seem to struggle (also with work ethics). Sotskova is the only decent-ish one, but her team is a failure in providing her decent programs, and dealing with her URs. I dunno, just sounds like a really bad move.
If anything, even Plushenko would make more sense, as he is quite hungry as coach to show top results.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
With Usacheva, Eteri appears to have added 3 girls with April-May 2006 birthdays. Preparation for the 2022 Olympics, huh...

Scott512

Record Breaker
This is too much for one evening :shocked: It's just a rumor or is there any official announcement?

Eteri must be crushed. Zhenya is like her second daughter and Zhenya leaving must really hurt Eteri. Zhenya was her favorite.

Good luck to Medvedeva. I wonder what Alina thinks of his. Hmmm.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
There is information that Usacheva transfers to Eteri now. I've never heard of her -just found her skate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be40K-y4ltg
:shocked: Zagitova clone? :biggrin:

there are so many girls I can’t keep track of them all! Haven’t even heard of most of them. This Usacheva girl has a good 2A. Will she be on the jgp this season? The Russians are going to run out of spots! I’m not even kidding.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
there are so many girls I can’t keep track of them all! Haven’t even heard of most of them. This Usacheva girl has a good 2A. Will she be on the jgp this season? The Russians are going to run out of spots! I’m not even kidding.
Usacheva is first half of 2006, too young. She must be another potential OG 2022 prospect for Eteri, alongside Khromykh and Valieva.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Usacheva is first half of 2006, too young. She must be another potential OG 2022 prospect for Eteri, alongside Khromykh and Valieva.

Thanks.
What about the Sinitsyna girl?
Or, instead of me asking you all these questions, does anyone have a link to the results of 2018 Junior Russian nationals? Maybe that’ll help me see who’s who, and who I should expect to see on the jgp circuit come August.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Thanks.
What about the Sinitsyna girl?
Or, instead of me asking you all these questions, does anyone have a link to the results of 2018 Junior Russian nationals? Maybe that’ll help me see who’s who, and who I should expect to see on the jgp circuit come August.
Sinitsyna is old enough for JGP, she'll be 14 in August. I am not sure if the results exist in English :think: In Russian they are here:

http://fsrussia.ru/results/1718/junnat1718/index.htm

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
(http://tass.ru/sport/5178007)

Chief director of Sambo-70 Renat Laishev told to TASS info agency that Zhenya stopped cooperation with Eteri Georgievna. "We don't like this situation - he said - but Zhenya is gonna to stay at Sambo-70 but with another coach. We never restrict her in any ways and she has good relation with our school, we tried to influence the situation. I think this is not fully correct situation as Eteri Georgievna gives everything her students need. It's complecated and we have to wait. It would be wrong to force the situation. And we have to pay tribute to Tutberidze, she has great number of reservists".

Tutberidze herself answered TASS that now she is not going to comment her studend's leaving.

CreepyBug

Rinkside
(http://tass.ru/sport/5178007)

Chief director of Sambo-70 Renat Laishev told to TASS info agency that Zhenya stopped cooperation with Eteri Georgievna. "We don't like this situation - he said - but Zhenya is gonna to stay at Sambo-70 but with another coach. We never restrict her in any ways and she has good relation with our school, we tried to influence the situation. I think this is not fully correct situation as Eteri Georgievna gives everything her students need. It's complecated and we have to wait. It would be wrong to force the situation. And we have to pay tribute to Tutberidze, she has great number of reservists".

Tutberidze herself answered TASS that now she is not going to comment her studend's leaving.

I am sorry but does this mean it's confirmed that she will staying in Russia? Instead of going to train with another coach abroad?

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I am sorry but does this mean it's confirmed that she will staying in Russia? Instead of going to train with another coach abroad?

I think we can be sure only for now, not for next week or month. Fans speculate about Orser :scratch3: but she has a lot of friends in Japan.

CreepyBug

Rinkside
I think we can be sure only for now, not for next week or month. Fans speculate about Orser :scratch3: but she has a lot of friends in Japan.

Honestly I belong to the minority who don't see and Brian as a good fit... sigh. And so many are already talking as if she having Brian as a coach is a sure thing as this point. But you're right, we can only wait and see, and hopefully not for too long.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Honestly I belong to the minority who don't see and Brian as a good fit... sigh. And so many are already talking as if she having Brian as a coach is a sure thing as this point. But you're right, we can only wait and see, and hopefully not for too long.

Zhenya should make an announcement on May 7th, I’ve read somewhere.

Lmao @ Zhenya dropping the bomb while she’s on holiday on a beach, what a legend ahahah