2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 114 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

irriya

On the Ice
Can't wait for the new TSL. What did they say last time about Kaori, no musical no artistry at all? Totally wrong! Everything proved that they were so wrong about Kaori!

irriya

On the Ice
Where CAN they send her? She finished 15th at Nationals...

I see she's struggling. But I don't see her hopeless. Maybe this would help her change more completely. She would need some time. I think she just tried to0 hard to prove herself here. She hadn't tried 3f3t in sp and it turned out to be a disaster change. That's it. But I think it's still possible for her. Maybe she should just do more domestic competitions like Kaori last season.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
I know I should have been prepared for the changing of the guard, but I wasn’t ready! I wanted Satoko to win again! :sad4:

She’s still my girl. Satoko forever!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh my god, Kaori won? When I heard Rika was second, I automatically assumed Satoko had won. I love all three of them and it‘s great to see Kaori finally being rewarded. I would have loved for Satoko to win Nationals again but if the others were better then it‘s okay. Mai Mihara‘s skating does absolutely nothing for me but it is hard to always see her finish in fourth. Poor girl, I hope she doesn’t give up. Will she go to 4CC or does the fed usually not split teams for 4CC and Worlds?

What place did Wakaba get?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Oh my god, Kaori won? When I heard Rika was second, I automatically assumed Satoko had won. I love all three of them and it‘s great to see Kaori finally being rewarded. I would have loved for Satoko to win Nationals again but if the others were better then it‘s okay. Mai Mihara‘s skating does absolutely nothing for me but it is hard to always see her finish in fourth. Poor girl, I hope she doesn’t give up. Will she go to 4CC or does the fed usually not split teams for 4CC and Worlds?

What place did Wakaba get?
Wakaba is 5th

Spinning

On the Ice
I know I should have been prepared for the changing of the guard, but I wasn’t ready! I wanted Satoko to win again! :sad4:

She’s still my girl. Satoko forever!

She is still no.1 for now. I don't think her 3rd finished at National would effected her position at least not this year. Her jumps are her weakness but everything else is a head over the rest of the world.

Is she still dealing with boots problem? Consistency is the key these days. She is still the one to beat in all competitions. I don't worry at all. :yay:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
She is still no.1 for now. I don't think her 3rd finished at National would effected her position at least not this year. Her jumps are her weakness but everything else is a head over the rest of the world.

Is she still dealing with boots problem? Consistency is the key these days. She is still the one to beat in all competitions. I don't worry at all. :yay:
Unfortunately International judges don't reward Satoko with the GOEs she deserves on Steps and Spins and we all know that she is underscored in PCS pretty much every time. Anyway, without the mistake on the 3 Flip she would have won today, so while I don't think she is still the no. 1 she is still a very safe bet for JSF with her artistry and consistency.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
How does JSF decide on 4CC assignments? I would like to see Mai go, since she's been pretty consistent and has performed this season and deserves SOMETHING. But who would lose out if she did go? Is Kaori the only sure thing for a spot since she is defending 4CC champion and current Japanese champion?

How sad if Mai only has small competitions left to look forward to this season.

DenissVFan

Medalist
How does JSF decide on 4CC assignments? I would like to see Mai go, since she's been pretty consistent and has performed this season and deserves SOMETHING. But who would lose out if she did go? Is Kaori the only sure thing for a spot since she is defending 4CC champion and current Japanese champion?

I think Mai could get the Universiade.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

I think they would swap out Satoko for Mai.

Kaori would most likely go and aim to defend her title, also as the national champion
Rika probably as GPF champion and nationals silver medallist.

I'm worried for Wakaba, I hope she does get a competition! I read online that she withdrew from the Bolzano passion gala being held in January.

Nocturne

On the Ice

Why would Satoko still be Number 1 in Japan after both Rika and Kaori finished ahead of her at GPF and Nats? But she is solid number 3 so she will be sent to be big comps. No need to worry.

Mai is the sad one. Always doing her best, always working hard and she almost never gets rewarded. 4th again :( My heart goes out to her.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm going to be in Japan the month of February, visiting from California, and was wondering if there will be any significant ladies competitions while I'm there?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to all medalists. Not a realistic scoring for top 4 aside Rika (weird to say that for Japanese nats).
I don't see fed ditching Satoko to give Mai a 4CC spot + there is universiade. So i think that top 3 will go to 4CC and Mai at universiade. A shame that Wakaba can't go since she's in high school (crazy, since this is her 3rd senior season).
Ayaka Hosoda can be sent to challenge cup.

Spinning

On the Ice
Why would Satoko still be Number 1 in Japan after both Rika and Kaori finished ahead of her at GPF and Nats? But she is solid number 3 so she will be sent to be big comps. No need to worry.

Skaters' achievements are not play-by-play. Satoko has 4th place finished at the OG, WBM and Skate America GM this year. As long as Japanese Fed and media centered their promo on her, she is undoubtedly their no.1.

Mao was finished out of the podium more time that I would liked but she had always hang on to her top ladies position. Same with Daisuke. Being Japanese no.1 is non easy job. Yuzuru reached it at Sochi 2014 Even though he beat them all from 2012.

But well .... there has never been the official announcement. You can have your own preference at your heart desired. I love them all I don't care one bit. H** I even don't mind Mako win the national and claiming the no.1. They are all deserved it after all the hard work and heartbreaks.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Satoko is my girl, but I would really love for Mai to get 4CCs. To be honest, I have to agree that Mai outskated her at this competition :/ if Satoko had been fourth, we might have been able to see them go head-to-head internationally at 4CCs to determine the Worlds spot, but alas. Japanese ladies are a joy to watch, but they inevitably break your heart for this very reason.

Speaking of heartbreak, I’m so glad I wasn’t awake for Marin :(

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Skaters' achievements are not play-by-play. Satoko has 4th place finished at the OG, WBM and Skate America GM this year. As long as Japanese Fed and media centered their promo on her, she is undoubtedly their no.1.

Mao was finished out of the podium more time that I would liked but she had always hang on to her top ladies position. Same with Daisuke. Being Japanese no.1 is non easy job. Yuzuru reached it at Sochi 2014 Even though he beat them all from 2012.

But well .... there has never been the official announcement. You can have your own preference at your heart desired. I love them all I don't care one bit. H** I even don't mind Mako win the national and claiming the no.1. They are all deserved it after all the hard work and heartbreaks.
Mao finished out of podium 3 times. 2 when she was novice (novices still could compete at senior nats), 1 at her last nats. 11 straight podiums at nats.
Maybe she stills no.1 in some way, but the thing that is clear is that Satoko doesn't that unbeatable aura anymore.

Spinning

On the Ice
Mao finished out of podium 3 times. 2 when she was novice (novices still could compete at senior nats), 1 at her last nats. 11 straight podiums at nats.
Maybe she stills no.1 in some way, but the thing that is clear is that Satoko doesn't that unbeatable aura anymore.

I don't mean only National but more like big competition s in general (reply to Rika and Kaori beat her in the last b2 competitions.

Even a big fan, I always feel Satoko's vulnerable. Unbeatable, coming from you out of all people, is a big honour really! :biggrin: