2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Maybe that 3A and quad fever started by this conversation
:biggrin:
Japanese ladies in a secret champs camp:

Satoko: What do you think girls if we all attempt 3A next season?
Rika K: You think you can do it?
Satoko: Well 3A is practically in our genetics, i definetely can do it.
Wakaba: Not a problem for me
Kaori: I have huge jumps so i can have a huge 3A
Rika K: I already have 3A, i want a quad too.
Mako: I'm sure i can get enough height to land a quad lutz.
Mai: 3A and quads? why not.

More seriously, i think they all will just attempt them in practice as they attempt crazy combos. I don't see someone seriously practice 3A and quads aside from Wakaba and Rika K.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I hope now Mie Hamada with Marin's change of coach will focus her more with Yuna Shiraiwa and Rika Kihira

sakurano

Final Flight
Maybe that 3A and quad fever started by this conversation
:biggrin:
Japanese ladies in a secret champs camp:

Satoko: What do you think girls if we all attempt 3A next season?
Rika K: You think you can do it?
Satoko: Well 3A is practically in our genetics, i definetely can do it.
Wakaba: Not a problem for me
Kaori: I have huge jumps so i can have a huge 3A
Rika K: I already have 3A, i want a quad too.
Mako: I'm sure i can get enough height to land a quad lutz.
Mai: 3A and quads? why not.

More seriously, i think they all will just attempt them in practice as they attempt crazy combos. I don't see someone seriously practice 3A and quads aside from Wakaba and Rika K.

You forgot about Sui Takahashi, Yokoi Yuhana
Marin Honda who I once thought had said she wanted to work on the 4S and 3A
the revolution is born hahaha

I like this scenario

alvina9894

Final Flight
Agree, I don´t think Rafael is a kind of magical guru coach but simply to see her moving out of her comfort zone says a lot, and everyone have talked a lot about all the hype around her, well, in my opinion, it will be the main benefical point, she will be far from all of that to focus on her training. Japanese skaters are very special, they can get all the hype and stay so focused (Yuzu, Shoma, Mao, Satoko), Marin is not like that, she does not seem Japanese, she loves the attention and get distracted easily, so, this change will help her, I hope :slink:. And people change and mature with time, look at Mirai.

Yes, I agree. Raf is a great coach but he is no magician. The best thing about Marin training in the U.S. is that she would be out of the media radar and this would help her focus on training instead of filming advertisements. I was surprised by how many ads of Marin there were when I was watching Nationals last December.

sakurano

Final Flight
Me, too! I wonder if there is any small video clip of the past.

the last time she practiced it was in 2015 from what I read here?

Maybe she wants to keep the surprise for the effect wow, even Wakaba her 3A we have seen that WTT, when Rika K, I do not remember but she often post videos.

alvina9894

Final Flight
I remember Kaori's 2A was of average height but massive distance. If she decreases her takeoff angle she certainly has the potential for a beautifully executed 3A! I am super excited too see her landing one! :yahoo:

alvina9894

Final Flight
A free which was low scored? A new program would be better.

The scores of her free have been quite well (stable at ~140 points), but hindered by her short that she had to skate in the second last group quite a few times.

She needs to change her short though. An SP that can score a consistent 70+ points is very needed.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
As much as I love my Tiny Queen Satoko, I have a feeling that Kaori or Wakaba is gonna bring on a challenge to be Japan's number 1 next season!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The scores of her free have been quite well (stable at ~140 points), but hindered by her short that she had to skate in the second last group quite a few times.

She needs to change her short though. An SP that can score a consistent 70+ points is very needed.

I don't talk about total score but PCS. Her highest PCS in GP season was 64. Even in France where she was in last group and skated a free with no visual error she got that score.