2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 111 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I'm proud of Wakaba who skated very well for someone who is recovering from an injury.
And i'm proud of Mai who skated like an angel.

Shanshani

On the Ice
It's still true that Satton is a bit at the mercy of tech panels though. But yeah, any prediction of demise is premature. Rika + Satton still seems as good a choice as any for World's--one high risk, high reward skater, and one stable but lower scoring potential skater. And then one additional one (my heart says Wakaba, but Kaori's probably the best bet at this point).

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I'm proud of Wakaba who skated very well for someone who is recovering from an injury.

She did so amazing. She was also feeling her program much more this time. I hope she has a clean FS. I want Wakaba to go to either 4CC or Worlds so much!!!!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Anyone got results? The English results page isn’t working and as always, the translators totally mangle names. 😂😂

(I got “Horizontal Wells all vegetables” this time. So thank you, faulty translation software. Made me smile, and it’s truly nice to know that some things don’t change.)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Japan is so deep in the ladies field. They could leave the top 2 finishers at home and still send a team of legitimate World medal contenders.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Now who were those posters who were predicting that Miyahara was done after GPF?

Satoko's ability to bring life to music is as good as anyone's who has every skated in the sport. She never looks awkward or off balance; every movement makes sense in the context of the music she's performing to. If her jumps matched the rest of her skating she'd be among the greatest ever, perhaps the greatest ever.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^Like I keep saying, Miyahara would be the COMPLETE package if she had the jumps.

Disagree with your first point. Would give that claim to Kostornaia.

Nocturne

On the Ice
Satoko is nice to watch but my heart wants others to shine for a change. Please let someone else win the free skate and take the crown, preferably Rika :D
My dream Podium would be Rika, Mai and Kaori, but sadly I think Mai is gonna miss it :(

DenissVFan

Medalist
I hope Wakaba makes the world team to defend her silver medal. She's already surpassed expectations in her SP after her injury, so I don't want to expect too much too soon, but I'd be overjoyed if both her and Rika K. were on the podium.

Wakaba's SP is super cool, it definitely stands out :) A special shout out to Rika H., whose SP is also enjoyable despite the mistakes.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Disagree with your first point. Would give that claim to Kostornaia.

Kostornaia is good, but she hasn't had the opportunity to show us the ability to interpret many different styles of music as Satoko has. Miyahara's versatility is more impressive than a skater who can do one style really well IMO. Hopefully we'll see more of Kostornaia over the next few years and watch her experiment with her music choices, too.

Joekaz

On the Ice
I hope Wakaba makes the world team to defend her silver medal. She's already surpassed expectations in her SP after her injury, so I don't want to expect too much too soon, but I'd be overjoyed if both her and Rika K. were on the podium.

Wakaba's SP is super cool, it definitely stands out :) A special shout out to Rika H., whose SP is also enjoyable despite the mistakes.
I agree but it looks from the judging that unless Satoko or Kaori choke that no matter what Wakaba or Mai does it wont matter. They both got level 3 steps instead of level 4 and Wakaba got unclear edge when on replay it looked ok compared to earlier skaters. I think how your season has gone is carrying weight with the judges on strictness, GOE and PCS scoring. But that's kinda the way skating is.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Satoko, Rika K, Rika H, Mai and Kaori, my favorite Japanese ladies, in the free on Sunday! And looking forward to seeing the SP videos, if I can get a hold of any. Sad for Rin who didn't make it to the free. I hope she recovers soon and can rebound.

Icey

Record Breaker
Why aren't the protocols and results up anywhere, this late after the event is over? Satoko is one of the true artist we have. Her jumps may be lacking in certain features, but her consistency is very high and she does get pluses for the quickness of her revolutions. I noticed they can determine ht and ice coverage of jumps with some kind of graph. Very interesting.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
On the other hand, very sad to see Yuka Nagai not advance. Such a beautiful skater, but her jumping legs just couldn't keep up with her growth spurt. :(

My bad. She did qualify! I had no idea that Sui Takeuchi botched her skate so badly that she actually fell below Yuka.

Tough luck for her, but I'm much happier seeing Yuka's free tomorrow...