2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
*Challenge Cup (February 21–24, 2019)
Shoma Uno, Rika Kihira, Sota Yamamoto, Wakaba Higuchi
Also: Yuma Kagiyama

Is this really for real?
Have all my dreams come true in one figure skating event? At home?!
I don’t believe it.

Enjoy it!!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks, I will! I don’t really expect these five to all show up, to be honest, but I’d already bought tickets weeks ago hoping we’d once again get a few good Japanese skaters. This, though... wow.

Can you tell me then what the mysterous 'passe-partout' tickets mean? I'd really like to go.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Can you tell me then what the mysterous 'passe-partout' tickets mean? I'd really like to go.
Passe-partout is all-event ticket. So all days inc gala and skating battle. Just no practices (those are in another rink in the building, but you cannot get there).
And yes, all-event for four days really is only 10 euros. ;-)

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Wakaba and Yuma got assignments, I'm so happy! :luv17:
& I'm always pleased to see Shoma :)

Also I think it makes sense for Satoko to do Bavarian Open as she will be missing 4CC, so she'll want to compete before worlds.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What a luck you have Winnie_20 !
Maybe it can make up a little bit for the not-luck I had earlier this season (whole trip to GP Helsinki cancelled due to deeply unhappy personal circumstances). I could use a bit of figure skating fun!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Is this really for real?
I don’t believe it.

You got an all-star cast Winnie! And the bonus is the cheap tickets and (I would imagine) a small venue. A dream come true!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
You got an all-star cast Winnie! And the bonus is the cheap tickets and (I would imagine) a small venue. A dream come true!

Yeah... not holding my breath for Shoma, to be honest. But I’d be just as happy with Yuma and one of those two ladies. :)
It is a very small venue. There are videos on youtube of previous competitions. With disturbingly empty spaces of seats! I am used to just walking in and out of the venue, sit wherever you like, very relaxed. Not sure that’ll be the case this time...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Is this really for real?
I don’t believe it.

:party2::hb::hap57::cheer:

Poetic Justice!

This sounds better than some GP's to me.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
:party2::hb::hap57::cheer:

Poetic Justice!

This sounds better than some GP's to me.

I'll reserve the outright cheering and partying for when the skaters are actually there (I'll never forget how disappointed I was some years ago when Takahiko Kuzuka had been announced and cancelled due to injury, and of course I had a lovely time, but back then I really did mostly go to see a particular skater.). But yes, it does sound pretty good!

Much as I adore Shoma, I'm at least, maybe even more so excited about the ladies announced. I'd love to see Sara Honda in real life, in particular, and Wakaba's Energia program is my favorite SP of the season, so that'll be an absolute highlight, too. Plus Rika, wow!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'll reserve the outright cheering and partying for when the skaters are actually there (I'll never forget how disappointed I was some years ago when Takahiko Kuzuka had been announced and cancelled due to injury, and of course I had a lovely time, but back then I really did mostly go to see a particular skater.). But yes, it does sound pretty good!

Much as I adore Shoma, I'm at least, maybe even more so excited about the ladies announced. I'd love to see Sara Honda in real life, in particular, and Wakaba's Energia program is my favorite SP of the season, so that'll be an absolute highlight, too. Plus Rika, wow!

There are so many great skaters, it's definitely going to be worth it! At least one of them will not withdraw, I'm sure...hehe. :laugh: