Page 4 of 221 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

Medalist

6 Not allowed!
    God I wonder if Jackson is like "dammit Karen, we said you're not allowed to write it's our skates."

I'm guessing she'll never utter the words "boot problems" again. I'd put it in her contract.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    She is probably in Waterloo for programs? What famous choreographer is there?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinggold View Post
    I don't know where she's doing her free skate
    but her SP is done by Rohene Ward, idk where he's from but I don't think it's Waterloo

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinggold View Post
    Karen may be there for skate fitting. Jason went to Waterloo for Jackson skate fitting last summer and practiced at TCC while trying-on the skates.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koatterce View Post
    I don't know where she's doing her free skate
    but her SP is done by Rohene Ward, idk where he's from but I don't think it's Waterloo
    Do we know what her SP is?

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    Karen is not in Waterloo. She tagged Jackson as her location and because Jackson is located in Waterloo it showed up as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pearly View Post
    Do we know what her SP is?
    Nope, just that he choreographed it.

3 Not allowed!
    Well I'm glad a new boot company was accepting of her despite her reoccurring boot issues. They commented on her post with a smiley face so it must be okay that she's open about it. Hopefully she'll build a better relationship with Jackson and maybe finally get over these issues she's been having.

1 Not allowed!
    Maybe Nathan helped put in a good word for her - but hope she can settle her boot issues and focus on her great skating and further improvement instead.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblecherry View Post
    Well I'm glad a new boot company was accepting of her despite her reoccurring boot issues. They commented on her post with a smiley face so it must be okay that she's open about it. Hopefully she'll build a better relationship with Jackson and maybe finally get over these issues she's been having.
    Wasn't the USFS skate tech who did all the alterations to her old boots in the first place a Jackson employee? I hate to jump in on this converation again but it seems like Karen has a honeymoon period when it comes to boots. On the flip side if she does feel more comfortable in brand new boots all the time a larger company has the production capacity to make it happen.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tothepointe View Post
    Wasn't the USFS skate tech who did all the alterations to her old boots in the first place a Jackson employee? I hate to jump in on this converation again but it seems like Karen has a honeymoon period when it comes to boots. On the flip side if she does feel more comfortable in brand new boots all the time a larger company has the production capacity to make it happen.
    I don't know what a Jackson employee potentially working on her old boots has to do with anything. I think a good portion of her "boot" problems come from a mental block and if she has a better relationship with a company, maybe she'll be able to get through that. Just being hopeful.

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    FWIW, re Gracie:

On Mar 20, Micah Tang (who trains at Ice Den Scottsdale) posted a very nice photo with her, along with this comment:

It's been great to have you at the rink! Thanks for stopping by for a month. Gonna miss you lots! 😭😭😭

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkNLiNg...n-by=tangmicah

Gives the impression that Gracie is moving on?

Hanna Harrell is competing in Junior Ladies at Egna Spring Trophy. SP on Apr 6; FS on Apr 8.

(Per the Ladies column on USFS assignments page, "Zhang" withdrew on Mar 23. But not clear which Zhang.)

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    I love Hanna! So glad to see her get a post-Nationals assignment

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Hope Hanna does well, she could easily win that assignment skating close to clean.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=ice coverage;2056602]FWIW, re Gracie:

On Mar 20, Micah Tang (who trains at Ice Den Scottsdale) posted a very nice photo with her, along with this comment:

It's been great to have you at the rink! Thanks for stopping by for a month. Gonna miss you lots! 😭😭😭

Gracie looks great! And this is just further proof that she may be training in Aston.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    FWIW, re Gracie:

Hanna Harrell is competing in Junior Ladies at Egna Spring Trophy. SP on Apr 6; FS on Apr 8.

(Per the Ladies column on USFS assignments page, "Zhang" withdrew on Mar 23. But not clear which Zhang.)
    Probably Emily Zhang.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Bumping this thread up!

SOI starts today and all the ladies of Team USA have been posting practice updates on insta stories!
    Ting Cui recently posted some jumps from public skate: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhB1yyIh...by=ting_a_ding

Not too much new news but I didn't want this thread to get lost.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by georgia View Post
    So you want to send Ashley to Tom Z for better technical help? Really? His skaters unterotate all.the.time. I believe RAF is one of our best jump technicians around. Ashley went to him late in her skating carrier, and yet she did great under him. World silver medalist, doing very , very well with her Grand Prix events every year, except of course for last year, and she kept winning Nationals or be on top three for almost ten years.. Pretty good record if you ask me!
    Because I know a Bradie, I can assure you, that no one works harder than her. She also has an amazing relationship with her brilliant coach. That’s an extra benefit.she will great.
    Hi Georgia!

2 Not allowed!
    With +5 GOE coming up maybe Karen should consider a new jump layout. Her 3Lz is HUGE, gorgeous and rotated, it's putting it in combo that's an issue.

Bona Fide Member

7 Not allowed!
    Alyssa’s did a 3A and a 3A+3T at a charity event last night.

https://twitter.com/team_pdd/status/982859934323781634

Looking better. She still has over a year to get them perfect!

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    As Patrick says, Alysa is "our Lord and Savior"
    We just need to not hype the heck out of her a la Gracie
    So think this on here and not on NBC

Also, in the Bradie Tennell thread, I posted a bunch about US coaches and what needs to happen to get us better. Check 'em out!

Page 4 of 221 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast