Donovan Carrillo | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Donovan Carrillo

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
:eeking:
3A, 4T and now 4S!! He's working hard!

Do you think he'll already bring the quads to his programs next season?
On the plus side, it would dramatically increase his TES score, but it's hard to get these jumps consistent if he doesn't get to compete as much internationally and it would increase the risk of falls/injuries...

Hopefully they'll figure out the right balance between risk and reward :)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
His progress with the jumps are enormously impressive this summer. The top priority though, still is to make sure his 3A is consistent. If he can perform 2 good 3A's AND perhaps throw in a 4T his impact in the scene will increase by leaps and bounds, and the great thing is that will positively affect his second mark, which I feel was always largely muted. He is already confirmed, or so I hear, for ACI and US Classics, I so hope he will throw in another competition on this side of the pond this autumn just to keep the ball rolling.

Ulrica

On the Ice

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the way they seem to really have a plan for how they want him to progress, without rushing everything all at once. Good for him! VERY nice IFS article. Thank you for posting!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
A long article and interview from IFS Magazine:

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/donovan-carrillo-blazing-a-mexican-trail/

Apparently, he plans to include 2 3Axels and both his 4T and 4S into his long program next season :eeking:

:thank: Thanks for sharing the article, it's like a sunbeam in this low season.

Last season I had some disappointments with latin american fans, few share news about skating but most have negative messages (I just hope Donovan doesn't pay attention to comments from people obsessed with skaters from other countries and makes odious and unnecessary comparisons) something that surprised me are the rumors of the sum of CONADE he is receiving, apparently around 70 dollars (Can that be considered a real support of a country?) :slink:

Much love for Donovan :luv17:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Unfortunately, goverment support for mexican athletes has been very limited.
Recently, CONADE has been in the news for accusations of corruption and reducing/cutting support to some athletes. Its director claims that they don't even have money to pay their electricity bills :rolleye:

Despite the lack of support, mexican athletes have always overcame difficulties in order to get as far as the Olympics, which is amazing. For someone like Donovan, I think the support he receives from fans and private sponsors is even more important than government support.

And with his passion, hard work and commitment, I'm sure he'll keep growing, improving and achieve his dream of getting to the next Olympics. :biggrin::rock:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan has been sighted in Philadelphia. I will see him skate tomorrow!

:yahoo:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I´m super happy (the competition has very good skaters but Donovan knows how to shine with its own light) you can check the 2019 Philadelphia International International thread, some of the attendees have managed to chat with Donovan and tell how incredibly kind and sweet he is.

:thank: Thank you for all the love for Donovan and for sharing all the information.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan has been sighted in Philadelphia. I will see him skate tomorrow!

:yahoo:

Sounds like a lot of fun el. Very excited to see he's in 2nd place. Little by little, poco a poco! Hope I have a chance to see him again some time soon.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
You can see it by yourself, there's a twitter reporter there. I don´t know her but I'm very grateful
:love:

Video part 1

Video part 2

thank you!!!:thank: the opening 3A looks very good, 3Lutz-3T (?) fine, i love a lot the variation on the camel spin, reminds me of Han Yan. the program suits him and the audience seems to like it as well:luv17:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A short report of impressions from the rink, maybe to be filled out more after the LP.

First, second place after the SP:yahoo:

The SP is in fact “In the Mood”. That 3A is absolutely gorgeous, I don’t know what it looked like on the vid, but in person it was long, high and covered half the rink. Donovan had the best 3A of the night:clap:

And of course, the typical Donovan flair and touches throughout, including blowing the kiss to the judges at the end of the program, so adorable. And the costume looks even more sparkly in person.

Fun facts not related to the program: Donovan’s full name is used in the entry. I mean his full name. So the poor announcer lady says, now on the ice, representing Mexico, Donovan Daniel Carrillo Suazo:laugh:

And fun fact only related to myself: I saw Donovan in the hallway about an hour before the comp (this comp is very “intimate”, skaters are always all over.) So I said Buena Suerte, and he said Gracias. He was very nice to the Anglo lady mustering up her Spanish;)

Now to bed so I can wake up tomorrow and watch him all over again.:hap10:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will come back with a longer one, but Donovan was wonderful. And the crowd loved him (of course)

So dramatic, such power, and I was close enough in a small comp to see the expression on his face, such passion. And the LP is Aranjuez sung by Il Divo (I actually asked Donovan, this time in English. Such a sweetheart)

And a lovely mauve purplish costume. Not a charro:biggrin:

More details later after I nap;)