2018-2019 State of Japanese Men's Skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 State of Japanese Men's Skating

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Mitsuki competed in the Inter High School Championships at the end of January, where he placed 3rd with a total of 207.31. So he should be healthy by now. I think I read a while ago that he was planning to stay in juniors. I am guessing Sena will want to turn senior though, especially if Coupe du Printemps goes well for him (which is likely, barring meltdown).

Sena won Coupe du Printemps! His total was 183.62. :)

Thanks for the Mitsuki info too!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
A tough day of skating for our guys, but they each did their best!
Looking forward to seeing them in the Gala soon.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Yes, nobody is infallible. I hope the media are not giving them a tough time, not just Keiji but especially Shoma? Fanfests move so fast I cannot manage to keep up, but our commentator said Shoma was very critical of himself after the FS, and he did look sad-ish to me in the gala today. I hope his and Yuzuru's injury heal well. :pray: I'd really like to see them both back with a vengeance next season.
I'm awaiting next season's GP selection for Japanese boys with trepidation...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's hope that Hanyu by the end of the GP season isn't hurt yet again like he has been in the last two years. We need him and Nathan to meet more then once a season.

surimi

Record Breaker
^ Can we cautiously take that as that Yuzuru wants to keep competing next season and that's why he's taking all the time he needs to heal? :)
And Keiji's season is going to be looong, basically competitions blending into shows straight away, eh? I hope he still finds enough time to create two new programs. If he still wants to 're-discover' himself, well, that FP is not going to do the trick. :p

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yes, Hanyu is continuing.
And all us fans are happy about it, and scared of all the quads he says he wants to train.
He needs to get healthy first. We probably won't see him again for months while he recovers. :(

surimi

Record Breaker
Yes, Hanyu is continuing.
And all us fans are happy about it, and scared of all the quads he says he wants to train.
He needs to get healthy first. We probably won't see him again for months while he recovers. :(

aaah, that made my day :hap93: Always such a pleasure to see him on TV, and such joyous looking forward to the new season when I know he's still going on. Yes, may he take all the time he needs to recover.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
We don't know what happened at test skates which is one of the things used by fed for jgp selection. More, Shun finished second behind Yuma Kagiyama at a local competition. This and the fact that Yuma got assigned to Asian open that he won, is probably why Yuma got a JGP spot and not Shun.

He probably needs to finish first at all his early competitions to get a spot.

Tsurara

On the Ice
We don't know what happened at test skates which is one of the things used by fed for jgp selection. More, Shun finished second behind Yuma Kagiyama at a local competition. This and the fact that Yuma got assigned to Asian open that he won, is probably why Yuma got a JGP spot and not Shun.

He probably needs to finish first at all his early competitions to get a spot.
In a magazine interview, Shun Sato talked about the test skates in June and how horrible he did. After making whatever mistake with his first 4S, he fell with 3A badly and it just went miserable after that. He didn't have 4T (nor 3T) then. And since he wasn't sent to JGP, he had time and started training 4T with harness in September. Tatsuya Tsuboi also said that he acquired 3A at the end of September. Yuma had stable 3A in June and could show it to JSF for JGP selection. You can't expect JSF to predict when and who start doing successful jumps and satisfactory performances beforehand.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Also Kagiyama defeated Shun at Japanese Senior Nationals. So we aren't just talking about a "past history" comparison here. Still unpredictable. (As is typical with the men--junior & senior).

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Also Kagiyama defeated Shun at Japanese Senior Nationals. So we aren't just talking about a "past history" comparison here. Still unpredictable. (As is typical with the men--junior & senior).

All juniors defeated Shun. Understable when you're the before last of all competitors in pcs ranking. That's why i hope he improves on artistic side. He will aways be defeated despite technical superiority if he doesn't improve, unless he's pristine in both programs (and maybe some mistakes from those who have a quad and at least 15 more points in PCS overall) , mostly in the free where he can make the difference. He almost won junior nats despite a bombed SP, because he delivered an amazing layout in the free.