29th Winter Universiade | Golden Skate

29th Winter Universiade

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a reminder that FISU have changed the age range for competitors for this edition onwards.

The age range used to be 17-28, but it has now been reduced to 17-25.

What I am curious to know is when it is you have to be within this age range to be eligible.

1. Is it the previous 1[SUP]st[/SUP] July like the ISU uses? (Meaning that you could be 26 by the time the Games start)
  2. Is it the start of the calendar year? (Again, meaning that you could be 26 by the time the Games start)
  3. Is it the start of the Games, i.e. 2nd March? (Meaning you could be 16 on the previous options)
  4. Is it the date of your first competition? (Meaning you could be 16 at the start of the Games)

I'm just trying to work out if somebody who celebrates their 17[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday in the month or so before the Games is eligible to participate.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a reminder that FISU have changed the age range for competitors for this edition onwards.

The age range used to be 17-28, but it has now been reduced to 17-25.

What I am curious to know is when it is you have to be within this age range to be eligible.

1. Is it the previous 1[SUP]st[/SUP] July like the ISU uses? (Meaning that you could be 26 by the time the Games start)
  2. Is it the start of the calendar year? (Again, meaning that you could be 26 by the time the Games start)
  3. Is it the start of the Games, i.e. 2nd March? (Meaning you could be 16 on the previous options)
  4. Is it the date of your first competition? (Meaning you could be 16 at the start of the Games)

I'm just trying to work out if somebody who celebrates their 17[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday in the month or so before the Games is eligible to participate.

CaroLiza_fan

Answering my own question. :p

I just found the Figure Skating Announcement PDF for the 2017 edition in Almaty, and it used the start of the calendar year to determine age eligibility.

So, unless FISU changed the date when they changed the age range, anybody born in 2002 is too young.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Replying to myself again :laugh:

Answering my own question. :p

I just found the Figure Skating Announcement PDF for the 2017 edition in Almaty, and it used the start of the calendar year to determine age eligibility.

So, unless FISU changed the date when they changed the age range, anybody born in 2002 is too young.

CaroLiza_fan

Yep, my theory is right. I just found the regulations PDF for the 2019 edition, and page 30 says:

WU2019: the athletes must be born between 1 January 1994 and 31 December 2001

I feel sorry for those skaters that were born in January or February 2002, as they will actually be 17 by the time the Universiade starts. But, hey, the cut-off has to be placed somewhere, and the start of the calendar year seems a sensible place to have it.

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So apparently for every discipline except ladies, 3 entries can be sent per country. In ladies, only 2 can be sent. This wasn't the case in 2017. Does anyone know why this is? I don't understand this reasoning at all, and am rather sad, because were it not for this rule, Zhenya Medvedeva could go as well.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
do we already know who is going?

Russian team:

Men: Kovtun, Samarin, Lazukin
Ladies: Tuktamysheva, Konstantinova (and I wish, Zhenya)
Pairs: Poluianova/Sopot, Koshevaya/Bushlanov, Ozerova/Bobrov
Dance: Evdokimova/Bazin, Popova/Mozgov, Skoptcova/Aleshin

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
the last word hasn't bee said, liza or stasya could whitdrow to focus on worlds

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So apparently for every discipline except ladies, 3 entries can be sent per country. In ladies, only 2 can be sent. This wasn't the case in 2017. Does anyone know why this is? I don't understand this reasoning at all, and am rather sad, because were it not for this rule, Zhenya Medvedeva could go as well.

it is very simple to understand... there are many more countries able to send ladies than pairs for instance, so they had to cut it down to 2.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Turkkila/Versluis have announced they willingness to take part if they will be selected. Of course local federation will sent them, there is no reason not to do it. Probably Roman Galay may also be sent there because he is university student, but I do not know if they is any lady to sent. The top ladies are not university students yet.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Team Japan
Men: Kazuki Tomono, Shu Nakamura, Hiroaki Sato
Ladies: Mai Mihara, Hina Takeno

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
AT the moment it is incredibly cold in Krasnoyarsk, with temperatures plummeting to lower than -40 C. Hopefully no damage to the infrastructure, that new arena, etc that will jeopardise the event.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Turkkila/Versluis have announced they willingness to take part if they will be selected. Of course local federation will sent them, there is no reason not to do it. Probably Roman Galay may also be sent there because he is university student, but I do not know if they is any lady to sent. The top ladies are not university students yet.

This team has been confirmed: Juulia & Matthias and Roman, no ladies.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
It remains 11 days before the start of the competition, not list of competitors ?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It remains 11 days before the start of the competition, not list of competitors ?

Unfortunately not. I am hoping that the Provisional Entry List might appear tomorrow, but I'm not going to start holding my breath yet.

I am getting frustrated too. Especially since this is supposed to be a round of the main ISU Predictions Game, and I was aiming to get the predictions thread up as soon as the EYOF was finished, so as to give people as much time as possible to get their predictions made.

But, you can't make predictions without knowing all the entries! :drama:

Come on FISU, get a move on! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan