Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
I feel like Evgenia really tries, but she seems somewhat uncomfortable and a few times I got the impression she had no idea what to tell those kids (which is understandable given a lot of them were crying and saying "yes/no" to most questions). I hope she gets better with more experience. Yagudin is exceeding my expectations, he has some good lines on this show.

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
(some funny moments) :)

Roman Novikov wanted to go to Roman from the beginning, but he said "to Roman... somewhat... Kostomarov?"

So Trankov expected, that Maxim Belyavsky would go to Maxim: "Do you remember his name? His name is Maxim!" Averbukh started to argue too: "Wait! "Maxim to Maxim". Roma said he couldn't give him much as a dancer, I guess I can give him artistry..."
They asked the boy's opinion. "To me!" - whispered Yagudin. Trankov added: "Yagudin and me are almost your neighbours, by the way. You'll be coming to drink tea with us."
Maxim chose Navka, but later he said to his mom, that first he wanted to go to Trankov, than he wanted to go to Averbukh...

Vasilisa Koganovskaya wanted to be in Navka's team, Ilya Vladimirov wanted to be in Averbukh's team, all the coaches were ready to take them, and their coach will be... Maxim Tranko-ov! Indeed. "We don't mind!" - said the girl.

Anna Rumak and Gleb Goncharov were saying, that all the coaches were good. "I think the same,"- said Gleb.
Yagudin: Why do you want to be like the others? What is you opinion? Anyway women will do what they wanted to do.
Gleb: All the coaches are very good.
Yagudin: Tatiana Anatolievna?
TAT: /.../ I guess Roman Kostomarov can teach you something.
Yagudin: Do you agree with Tatiana Anatolievna's opinion? Why do you look at Anna? Let me stand between you.
Navka: Do you have your opinion? You can change it.
Anna: I'd like to be in Navka's team.
Yagudin: O-oh! Why didn't you say that? "All the coaches are great, we don't care..." Now: "I'd like to work with Navka..." (to the boy) What about you?! Come on, even she has made up her mind.
Gleb: To Ilya Averbukh.
Yagudin: Here it is! So Tatiana Anatolievna, what is your decision? (to the kids) Great! You become stronger right in front of our eyes!
TAT: You'll go to Roman Kostomarov.
Yagudin: An absolutely right decision, by the way: not one, not another.
Kostomarov: It is a bit odd situation for me, I'm not the one who was chosen, yet I think we will better it somehow, when we'll be working...

Yagudin is impressed again and again, that all the kids say they didn't worry, they were good.

I thought it was funny when Averbukh was talking about how he first learned axel from someone's grandmother (can't recall the name), and Trankov said "right, like that helped you". In general, too much reminiscing about "good ole times" on this show for my liking, but I can't stop watching!!!:popcorn:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I thought it was funny when Averbukh was talking about how he first learned axel from someone's grandmother (can't recall the name), and Trankov said "right, like that helped you".

Yes. :) I think all the stories with axels were in the first video (a week ago). This Averbukh's axel - and also Yagudin promised to a boy: "Do you know what an axel Roman Kostomarov has! You can compete: who will jump more axels."

Manitou

Medalist
I feel like Evgenia really tries, but she seems somewhat uncomfortable and a few times I got the impression she had no idea what to tell those kids (which is understandable given a lot of them were crying and saying "yes/no" to most questions). I hope she gets better with more experience. Yagudin is exceeding my expectations, he has some good lines on this show.

I am sure she will learn and relax. Right now she appears a bit uncomfortable and sometimes lost. It's a new role for her. The problem is that the kids after leaving the ice can see their moms, so they naturally want to run to hug them and cry. And then Evgenia suddenly stands in their way asking questions they don't want to answer. It would be much better if the kids didn't see their moms yet and treat Evgenia as still the "on-air time".

I must also say the kids are very classy after being turned down. They are trying to be composed and tough. The exception was the 13 old boy who clearly didn't belong there and on exit didn't appear exceedingly nice.

I truly love this show. I love it very much! I can't wait for the next episodes! :)

Tulipstar

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6kvtv5sfc
new episode and end of qualification stages

Thank you!

The good thing about this program is that young athletes get to experience performing for a large audience and that it will help make figure skating more popular.
It would be nicer if they didn't have a thumbs up/thumbs down system, but something more similar to The Voice (where there is no thumbs down, but the judges can signal if they want to coach them). It's still a no, but a less harsh way of communicating this.
It would be nicer for Evgenia if she also got to talk to the kids who were chosen, so you get some happy faces in the end as well.

EDIT: now that I started watching the second show, I see that they got rid of the thumbs up/down:agree:

Manitou

Medalist
EDIT: now that I started watching the second show, I see that they got rid of the thumbs up/down:agree:

And the next step would be to get rid of red and leave only green. So the kids don't feel rejected, but only "uninvited" :)

katymay

Medalist
Anastasia Lesnitskaya, 9 y.o.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8K7ojCmZJE

Elizaveta Kulikova, 10 y.o.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMefy8r-u6o

Or your girl was skating in a pair?
No, she was a tiny little thing, exceptionally beautiful, like a miniature Brook Shields. While she missed a number of elements, you could tell she had jumping ability. She was in the middle of the April 4th show. Now my heart is breaking for the little boy at the end of the latest show. True, his jumps we're wonky, but what a wonderful perfomer. I worry that this show will kill the dreams of some of these kids, many of whom may have great futures in the sport. Thank you for all the translations!*

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, I love this cartoon, and it was even posted on Youtube with subs, but I don't think, that many people here understand us. :)

Yep but still... I mean, the guy who was announcing it was russian, for god's sake. And he kept babbling about balalaikas =D

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
No, she was a tiny little thing, exceptionally beautiful, like a miniature Brook Shields. While she missed a number of elements, you could tell she had jumping ability. She was in the middle of the April 4th show.

I think you mean Milana Zhabina (8):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oU1TcA66MU

I've translated Averbukh's and Trankov's words.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...ge-Kids-quot&p=2060856&viewfull=1#post2060856
Tarasova adds, that many coaches take to the ice dancing girls of this age now, and there are many international competitions for dancers now (for kids), that it is very interesting. "I advise you the same" - she said.

katymay

Medalist
Yes, thank you. And I disagree with Tarasova, this little girl had athletic ability and power. Also, while unrelated to anything, she is an exceptionally beautiful child.

Helena b

Rinkside
It's Sunday, so will there be a new episode??

Yep, I've already watched it. It should appear on the YouTube channel soon I think.
The programs were much better this time and almost everybody skated amazing. I especially want Akatieva to develop a bit and keep this program for her first Junior Grand Prix. First Trusova with Big Spender and then Akatieva with this. :laugh:

Spoiler!
P.S I don't like how Navka got the strongest single skaters and now one of them should go. This child whom they chose to leave the project was my favorite and there are many boys worse than him in this project now, while he still has to go. It's very unfair.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Spoiler!
P.S I don't like how Navka got the strongest single skaters and now one of them should go. This child whom they chose to leave the project was my favorite and there are many boys worse than him in this project now, while he still has to go. It's very unfair.

They say one single skater and one pair will return to the project (when all the kids whom we didn't see today, will have shown their numbers either)