Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Sofia cannot keep making mistakes!! she's going to get kicked off because of them even though she's the biggest talent there!
Liza was wonderful to watch today, but why all the dumbing down of content? 3T-3T and 3Lo? she can do more than that!

russianfan

Match Penalty
I thought about this: being a client of Tinkoff bank can I consider myself a sponsor of this show? :laugh:

bewitched

On the Ice
Can someone explain the rules of the competition? So today only the first half skated and next week the other half will perform and these children who are out (4 individuals and 4 pairs) will compete against each other in order to return? Or they will make 2 rounds and then the eliminated 8 singles and 8 pairs will compete?

And also I would be thankful if someone who understands Russian better translate what did the judges say to the Pink Panther boy (he was very energetic and the dynamics of his skating was just... wow, I hope he will come back) and what kind of mistake did the ice dancers in La La Land?

The fall of the last pair was so scary... I hope that they are not badly hurt, that seemed to be painful! Actually I am so scared for these children doing the lifts in ice dancing, especially when the boy rotates and holds the girl - how do boys have the ability to lift 20 kilos so effortlessly at such a young age, really impressive.

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
Can someone explain the rules of the competition? So today only the first half skated and next week the other half will perform and these children who are out (4 individuals and 4 pairs) will compete against each other in order to return? Or they will make 2 rounds and then the eliminated 8 singles and 8 pairs will compete?

And also I would be thankful if someone who understands Russian better translate what did the judges say to the Pink Panther boy (he was very energetic and the dynamics of his skating was just... wow, I hope he will come back) and what kind of mistake did the ice dancers in La La Land?

The fall of the last pair was so scary... I hope that they are not badly hurt, that seemed to be painful! Actually I am so scared for these children doing the lifts in ice dancing, especially when the boy rotates and holds the girl - how do boys have the ability to lift 20 kilos so effortlessly at such a young age, really impressive.

As far as the rules, I've watched every episode so far, and I get the impression that the judges are making them up as they go. Today 2 singles teams (navka, kostomarov) and 2 pairs teams (averbukh, trankov) competed and one person/pair from each team was eliminated. Next week they will switch and pairs from navka/kostomarov and singles from averbukh/trankov will compete with the same elimination process. However, Tarasova randomly said that apparently they can bring back one singles skater and one pair after next week (??). That kinda came out of nowhere right after the la la land kids got eliminated.

The pink panther boy was told to be more confident and work on his artistry, and Gordeeva said that it's very difficult to judge kids and just told him to be more confident. Tarasova liked that he "understood the music". In the pairs, the la la land boy tripped on one of the elements (I think steps, but I might be wrong, it kinda came out of nowhere).

I agree with someone above who said it sucks that Navka got the strongest skaters, that boy who got eliminated is apparently a National champion. I wish they made the groups more balanced in that sense.

tars

Record Breaker
Sofia cannot keep making mistakes!! she's going to get kicked off because of them even though she's the biggest talent there!
Liza was wonderful to watch today, but why all the dumbing down of content? 3T-3T and 3Lo? she can do more than that!
Liza shone brighter than Sofia this time as well.
First one is better performer sooner feeling comfortable in new programs, second is better technician needing more time to fully sell the picture.

Manitou

Medalist
The show was spectacular. Unfortunately I have difficulty remembering kids' names, so I will be referring to them by team and starting number.

Kostomarov's team: I was so heartbroken when the Charlie Chaplin boy was sent away, but objectively it was a fair decision. Even Yagudin couldn't help his tears.

Trankov's team: a fair decision to sent home the right couple (#1), but what the ... was Tarasova thinking giving a red dot to the team #2 (Vassilisa and Ilya)??? What for? That was by far the best couple on Trankov's team!

Navka's team: the freckled boy (Maksim) should have stayed. The middle girl (Nastya #2) should be sent home. Nevertheless the last girl (Liza #3) was spectacular!

Averbuch's team: I was in horror when the last couple (Alisa and Fedor, #3) fell on ice, they were the absolute highlights of the evening and I was so scared they might be sent home. Fortunately the judges gave them perfect all green notes. By far the best couple so far.

Evgenia was much better than in the first episode, she is learning fast! But I still maintain she is a much better skater than a TV show host.

My Russian is getting better and better too. The first episode I understood maybe 25%, now I understood about 35%. lol

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
All the little couples are amazing. Among the single ladies, I was moved by the 9-year old girl (Nastya Lesnitskaya-Google translate) with a tiger/cougar(?) program not because of her jump, but her level of tigress-ness, if that's even a word. For a 9-year old to achieve this, it is truly amazing. Lots of girls did happy/cute programs, which are much easier for their age.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8K7ojCmZJE&t=136s

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Can someone explain the rules of the competition? So today only the first half skated and next week the other half will perform and these children who are out (4 individuals and 4 pairs) will compete against each other in order to return?

Yes, another half will skate, but I don't think, that those children who are out, will compete in order to return. I think the judges are just going to say: "That single skater returns and this pair returns".

alvina9894

Final Flight
Navka's team: the freckled boy (Maksim) should have stayed. The middle girl (Nastya #2) should be sent home. Nevertheless the last girl (Liza #3) was spectacular!

I agree. His performance was brilliant minus the fall. The girl in red is visibly less expressive. Oh well, it's just a TV show.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Am i the only one who thinks that this time Akatieva was a better performer than Berestovskaya (but Berestovskaya was more convincing technically)? I think this time Berestovskaya's program was empty. Her first one was way better.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
You know, I think I agree. I just couldn't get into Berstovskaya's performance the way I do with her normal short and free programs. And Kostomarov was a genius with Akatieva's program. HOWEVER, the program quality doesn't matter if Akatieva keeps on missing her jumps like this :dev2: She can a 3Lz-3T in her sleep and yet she steps out of her Lz and double-foots the combo with the Lo? Sofia, what are you DOING??? I need to see you win this :biggrin:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Kostomarov was a genius with Akatieva's program.

They showed, that Staviski was helping Kostomarov. Of course, nobody knows for sure, but maybe we should thank Staviski: he choreographed programs for himself and even for Gachinski (who is a single skater).

tars

Record Breaker
Am i the only one who thinks that this time Akatieva was a better performer than Berestovskaya (but Berestovskaya was more convincing technically)? I think this time Berestovskaya's program was empty. Her first one was way better.
:scratch2:
I like both girls very much, but clearly Berestovskaya jumps are much smaller than Akatieva's and Sofia's performance skills are weaker than Liza's.

Manitou

Medalist
I like both girls very much, but clearly Berestovskaya jumps are much smaller than Akatieva's and Sofia's performance skills are weaker than Liza's.

Who is who? Are you talking about the Matrix girl in black? Is she Akatieva?

Ok, I went back to YouTube and verified: Sofia Akatieva - the Matrix girl, and Liza Berestovskaya - the blonde with blue eyes on Navka’s team. :)
They are both equally lovely. But I will really miss the freckled boy Maksim. I hope they will bring him back...

russianfan

Match Penalty

i'm talking about last programs only... i think Berestovskaya's new program is not nearly as good as her first one, from performance point of view