Adam R., Tonya H., & Mirai N. join DWTS | Golden Skate

Adam R., Tonya H., & Mirai N. join DWTS

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I guess no Mirai?

Edit: Thread title changed for addition of Mirai.

Last edited by a moderator:

frida80

Record Breaker
Tonya is no surprise to me. The said they wanted only two olympians. The also want a controversial contestant for ratings. Her movie just came out recently so naturally she'd get on the show.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Well, they're both in the spotlight right now so it's not surprising. Now, I think people will be surprised by Tonya. The girl can work it! I hope they both have a great time and I will definitely be watching.
I haven't watched DWTS in a few years but this looks like MUST SEE TV!!!!:points:

pssst - hey Bruno - nothing lower than an 8 for Tonya if ya know what's good for you:dbana:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm happy Tonya is getting to participate. She's been punished enough for her bad deed and she has a child to support. I'll be interested to see how long she lasts when the public votes.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I hope Tonya has her media redemption now. :agree: She looks in good shape from her recently skating video, she was even doing doubles and combos.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Adam good.

Harding BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. Ugh. I'm sick of the glorification of her.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Adam good.

Harding BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. Ugh. I'm sick of the glorification of her.

Look, it's been more than 20 years......If they'll let racist Paula Deen on that show, I think Tonya deserves to have a chance to regain her once positive reputation. Lord knows, she'll fade back into the woodwork once this year ends and she might as well have a little fun before the spotlight dims once again.

millie

Medalist
So happy for Tonya and hope that she does well in the competition. She needs this in her life to show that she is a worthwhile person after all that she has gone through. I am sure going to enjoy Adam also. What a charmer he is. Looking forward to Dancing with the Stars.

evasorange

Final Flight
Oohhh now who will they be paired with?! Adam I can see doing really well with Emma! Or maybe Whitney...she could definitely bring the sass right back to him hahah. Tonya is older, it seems like older women on the show get shuffled between the same four partners. Wouldn’t be surprised to see her with Keo or Tony.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not to throw cold water on any celebration or indignation, but this is not an official announcement. Sometimes these leaks are right, and sometimes they're way wrong.

Also even if correct it's not complete, so someone's absence doesn't mean they won't be on the show.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
There was talk that if Adam is on the show he could possibly have a female or male dance partner.

Ross74

Medalist
There was talk that if Adam is on the show he could possibly have a female or male dance partner.

Though I think they will have same-sex couples at some point, I wonder if they might prefer to hold off for a regular-length season to get more mileage out of it.

Male/male ballroom dancing hasn't picked up yet AFAIK, I don't think they'll do it.

A male/male tango would be cool, though.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Though I think they will have same-sex couples at some point, I wonder if they might prefer to hold off for a regular-length season to get more mileage out of it.

I think they're going to do what they want. They have been pretty groundbreaking in that respect.