Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yinchulin View Post
    I wouldn't hope so…I just want all Russian men to have nice choreography and nice steps connecting elements…is that too much to ask for?
    Of course it is too much!!

7 Not allowed!
    I'm just glad to see Sergey not retiring yet. Show 'em up. It's inspiring to see him skate year after year, despite his age. His body seems to be holding up quite well. I hope it continues for him. It'll be interesting to see what he does next year as last I heard he was coachless...

Bona Fide Member

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxes View Post
    Dima and Sergei don't deserve to be lumped together with some others when we talk about lack of consistency.
    You must be kidding . . .

Aliev is even a member of Team Trainwreck over on FSU.

(It's the men's field. Face it. The entire field has a lack of consistency. Even the Jasons and Matteos without the quad jumps are perfectly good at mucking up when big-time medals are on the line).

Making rhinestone vest and tie combos cool anonymoose_au's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by likevelvet View Post
    I'm just glad to see Sergey not retiring yet. Show 'em up. It's inspiring to see him skate year after year, despite his age. His body seems to be holding up quite well. I hope it continues for him. It'll be interesting to see what he does next year as last I heard he was coachless...
    Yes! I was so happy when I heard that, especially after he got his first GP gold at NHK! Sergei is really inspirational and I love his style so seeing him skate is always a treat!

And is he coachless? I hope he can find someone good!

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Wasn't Sergei with TAT in a recent pic? Could he already train in a group near to TAT's heart?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose_au View Post
    Yes! I was so happy when I heard that, especially after he got his first GP gold at NHK! Sergei is really inspirational and I love his style so seeing him skate is always a treat!

And is he coachless? I hope he can find someone good!
    I was at Skate America last year, screaming my head off when he ended up on that podium. I figured he wouldn't want to quit after such a great season but it was still very satisfying to hear him say it. He is just beautiful to watch, so engaging where I find myself missing it in some of the other russian men... I'm very excited about Dima, he has good programs just not a lot of consistency yet, but he is young.

Inna left CSKA, but Sergey chose to stay with the club and there was an interview (that I of course can't find now) maybe a month ago in which he said he's doing his own thing for now. I liked him under Inna but he knows what he wants in a coach so we'll see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheRoad View Post
    Wasn't Sergei with TAT in a recent pic? Could he already train in a group near to TAT's heart?
    Omggg I would die... I love gossip like this

Medalist

8 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxes View Post
    And yet Milquetoast Kolyada really only has a 4T, so why do people pretend otherwise? I have yet to see him land a 4Lz more than once internationally and I don't buy that he has a stable 4S for a second. And all the men made massive errors at Russian Nats, but they only held it against certain people. Samarin with his hideous programs and complete lack of decent skating abilty got higher PCS than Sergei.
    You really has to go out of your way to say something offensive about Mikhail, and yet you say it's not personal. No one pretends anything when it comes to him, do you even read the posts in any competition he's going? Everyone is already counting his falls, and the 4sal is not even in his programs anymore for a reason. Everyone that comments skating in Russia had choice words about Kolyada, and a lot of praise for Dima when they thought he was saving the country, but he failed too.

It's interesting that you want to gloss over Dima's mistakes when he's had a lot of them - he did one very good competition at Euros, and that was it. Want to complain about the UR call at worlds, do it. Want to complain about his low PCS, do it, but don't pretend he's any better than the rest of the russian guys because he's not. He also got his own gifts at RN - his PCS got a boost only smaller than Samarin's, and it's the reason he went to Euros instead of Sergei, whether you want to admit or not.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Daniil and Alexey are creating a new program for Lyosha's first senior season. The beginning looks quite promising and Daniil's skating skills are amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhWX8yhF...en-by=d_gleikh

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Daniil's skating is just so good to watch. Wow.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldblueeyes View Post
    Daniil's skating is just so good to watch. Wow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFSm5_4afro
    This is the song by Fazil Say.... very interesting piece, I have to say.
    Hopefully, Alexey will keep up with it, as it's very intense and dramatic.

0 Not allowed!
    Ilya Skirda also left Eteri.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CatonBlades View Post
    Ilya Skirda also left Eteri.
    Is that confirmed? I must have missed the announcement. Wow!

I love Ilya and I also hope he'll have a great comeback. First of all I'm super happy that Sergei continues. Not sure about Buyanova as the right person, but hey, I'm confident he knows what he's doing. I certainly wish Misha a good portion of consistency. When he's switched on, he's switched on.
    There are some really exciting younger lads: Danielian, Rukhin, Frolov, Kovalev. I only hope they'll receive the same care and attention as the girls usually get. Shame that Samsonov is still too young for JGP, but he has time to prepare for his debut next year.
    Max Kovtun is just a fantastic character, I like him a lot, but tbh, I don't know whether there is a point of him trying to come back. I thought, he'd focus on his music by now...
    Can't wait to see how the boys compete against Orser's Stephen Gogolev.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyB View Post
    Is that confirmed? I must have missed the announcement.
    There was no announcement, but he skates in Butsaeva's group since the end of March or the beginning of April.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris81 View Post
    There was no announcement, but he skates in Butsaeva's group since the end of March or the beginning of April.
    So much for me paying attention... big slap on the wrist. Thanks for the info

2 Not allowed!
    And the latest developments are:

A prodigal son aka Maxim Kovtun returned to Buianova
    And took Sergei Voronov with him (or other way round - not sure) but anyway Buianova was I think only remaining Russian coach he hasn't been training with before
    Mikhail Kolyada got an internship with Raf (or is it a try-out I don't think so though)
    Aliev & Samarin keep quiet
    On the whole the above news gone completely unnoticed in a light of 'other' big Russian drama

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutto View Post
    Aliev has summer camp in the USA together with other skaters from his group.

1 Not allowed!
    Sergei stayed at CSKA with Buyanova ever since Goncharenko left...it was posted on FSO months ago. Rukavitsin's team is done with camp in the USA & are moving on to the next camp. I just know that Dima and Sergei were invited to The Ice show in Japan later this summer, which is fantastic - they absolutely deserve it Can't wait to see them together.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris81 View Post
    Who is Butsaeva? I haven't heard of her much

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana05 View Post
    Who is Butsaeva? I haven't heard of her much
    Maybe you've heard about Viktoria Volchkova?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutto View Post
    And the latest developments are:

A prodigal son aka Maxim Kovtun returned to Buianova
    And took Sergei Voronov with him (or other way round - not sure) but anyway Buianova was I think only remaining Russian coach he hasn't been training with before
    Mikhail Kolyada got an internship with Raf (or is it a try-out I don't think so though)
    On the whole the above news gone completely unnoticed in a light of 'other' big Russian drama
    Not completely unnoticed if you lurk on Russian forums or VK. Also rumor has it that Samarin has left CSKA. This one, noone is really buying but time will tell

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast