Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ejnsofi View Post
    My bet is on La Boheme with Dima portraying dying from tuberculosis artist. I expect recorded cough obviously.
    Brilliant!

Come to the Plushy-side - we have sparkles! anonymoose_au's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    is Voronov finished? What are the chances Kovtun will regain his progress? They need a skater to take charge but I guess the tech push for quads is making it hard for a consistent champion.
    Sergei continues on! he and Maxim Kovtun are under the same coach now I think? It's hard to keep track, they keep moving around!

Not sure how likely Maxim is to get his progress back though, we'll have to wait and see.

Tripping on the Podium

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ejnsofi View Post
    My bet is on La Boheme with Dima portraying dying from tuberculosis artist. I expect recorded cough obviously.
    As he is quite out of breath at the end of his long programs, he wouldn't have to act a lot.

2 Not allowed!
    Alexander Petrov SP choreographed by Adam Solya
    https://image.ibb.co/f8RLFo/32471067...91297280_n.jpg

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyRose View Post
    Albena Denkova found Samarin http://ltk-cska.ru/files/photoalbums...26752577-0.jpg
    Going by Gerboldt's instagram, Denkova/Staviski made programs for some students in Sokolovskaya's group (or a program for a particular student )!
    This is now confirmed. Denkova/Staviski worked with Samarin. And CSKA is reporting that Voronov worked with Denis Ten.
    http://ltk-cska.ru
    http://ltk-cska.ru/news/1329-programmyi-sezona.html

2 Not allowed!
    Approved list of candidates for Russian national teams (main and reserve)

Senior:

Main: Dmitri Aliev, Sergei Voronov, Arthur Dmitriev, Alexei Erokhov, Mikhail Kolyada, Aleksandr Samarin
    Reserve: Andrei Lazukin, Anton Shulepov, Vladimir Samoilov

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...RUteam1819.pdf

ETA:

Junior (13-21 yrs):

Main: Danielian, Savosin, Ignatov, Murashov
    Reserve: Semenenko, Vetlugin, Gumennik

Boys (11-19 yrs):

Main: Rukhin
    Reserve: Samsonov, Yakovlev, Kutovoi

Coaching changes:

Seniors: Voronov to Buyanova, Dmitriev to Dmitriev Sr.
    Juniors: Gumennik has added Sezganov to his team, Kutovoi and Yakovlev has transferred to Buyanova/Selitskaya.

1 Not allowed!
    Samoilov working with Plushy on new programs:
    Part 1: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjhGK05l...elsofplushenko
    Part 2: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjhHaMuF...elsofplushenko
    If this is his music, it should be recognized by lots of people

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, Samoilov in reserve senior team. And Petrov is out, i had such big hopes with him ...

I don't recognize Samoilov's music, but i see that he begins to loosen his movements, they are not so stiff anymore (but sadly a natural dancer he ain't, this will be his big problem).

I haven't saw Arthur Dimitriev on any Instagram of Plushi's academy, does anyone know if Plush collaboration with him is still in the cards? Just curious how it would work, i could have sooner see Kovtun working good with Plush than Arthur (which at this moment i cannot imagine working good with anyone, perhaps Urmanov?). Speaking about Kovtun, he isn't either in the team, not even as a reserve! This is....unexpected.

0 Not allowed!
    Petrov and Kovtun accomplished absolutely nothing last season, and both dropped out of Nationals after scoring in the mid-60s for their SP. Nothing unexpected about that.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheRoad View Post
    Wow, Samoilov in reserve senior team. And Petrov is out, i had such big hopes with him ...

I don't recognize Samoilov's music, but i see that he begins to loosen his movements, they are not so stiff anymore (but sadly a natural dancer he ain't, this will be his big problem).

I haven't saw Arthur Dimitriev on any Instagram of Plushi's academy, does anyone know if Plush collaboration with him is still in the cards? Just curious how it would work, i could have sooner see Kovtun working good with Plush than Arthur (which at this moment i cannot imagine working good with anyone, perhaps Urmanov?). Speaking about Kovtun, he isn't either in the team, not even as a reserve! This is....unexpected.
    Dmitriev coach is listed only as Dmitriev Sr. I'll add it to the post with coaches changes. He is clearly no longer with Klimkin, don't know about Plushy.

As far as Samoilov's music, see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUH_vqsV45o

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheRoad View Post

Speaking about Kovtun, he isn't either in the team, not even as a reserve! This is....unexpected.
    Well not really unexpected since funding next year is based off your performance from last season. Just because they are not funded by the RusFed doesn't mean anything really as far as assignments. They can still get Senior Bs, Challengers, go on to Euros/Worlds if they perform well enough.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Dmitriev coach is listed only as Dmitriev Sr. I'll add it to the post with coaches changes. He is clearly no longer with Klimkin, don't know about Plushy.

As far as Samoilov's music, see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUH_vqsV45o
    Hehe, it shows that i don't remember that music which i consider bland or boring. Thank you.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Well not really unexpected since funding next year is based off your performance from last season. Just because they are not funded by the RusFed doesn't mean anything really as far as assignments. They can still get Senior Bs, Challengers, go on to Euros/Worlds if they perform well enough.
    Somehow i think that climbing back is harder than staying in some level, it takes a lot of poise from someone and i don't think that Petrov has it sadly (please, i want to be wrong on this). Kovtun...who knows...His problem is that at this moment the young and hungry ones are coming and that he has no signature skill in his skating to give him some leverage. Dimitriev is smart trying for that elusive 4 Axel , this is his last chance.

0 Not allowed!
    Deleted - wrong thread

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloaxel View Post
    Deleted - wrong thread
    LOL. Well to still answer your question, Tutk finished higher at Russian Nats. Nationals is worth a lot when it come to funding, that and Russian Cup Final, Junior Nats, etc. Don't know how Semenenko made the reserve team with one JGP with not so great skating and then going missing the rest of the season

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!

Senior:

Main: Dmitri Aliev, Sergei Voronov, Arthur Dmitriev, Alexei Erokhov, Mikhail Kolyada, Aleksandr Samarin

ETA:

Junior (13-21 yrs):

Boys (11-19 yrs):

Coaching changes:

Juniors: Gumennik has added Sezganov to his team, Kutovoi and Yakovlev has transferred to Buyanova/Selitskaya.
    Is that a joke? Samoilov is sooo much better than Dmitriev.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolstoj View Post
    Is that a joke? Samoilov is sooo much better than Dmitriev.
    Dmitriev beat him at Russian Nats though.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    What would the funding situation for choreo, training, travel be like? Or does not being on the team mean no living allowance only?

0 Not allowed!

Senior:

ETA:

Junior (13-21 yrs):

Boys (11-19 yrs):

Coaching changes:

No Kovalev, but he did bad at the Elder Age Nats

And why is Rukhin in Boys when he did better than Ignatov in Junior Nats and got third at Elder Age?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriele View Post
    What would the funding situation for choreo, training, travel be like? Or does not being on the team mean no living allowance only?
    My understanding is that choreo, training, etc is paid by the club. Money (funding) doesn't go from the federation to the skaters directly but to the club and the club allots the money accordingly. That's why in one interview, Sambo 70 said they were not going to pay Orser for training Med.

The skaters do get a separate allowance. Plushy mentioned it in an interview when he asked Kovtun what CSKA pays them and made a comment that no other club pays as much. Also Sotnikova said when she won Senior Nats for the first time, she started receiving an allowance (can't recall from whom).

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast