2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Men's figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Somehow i think that climbing back is harder than staying in some level, it takes a lot of poise from someone and i don't think that Petrov has it sadly (please, i want to be wrong on this). Kovtun...who knows...His problem is that at this moment the young and hungry ones are coming and that he has no signature skill in his skating to give him some leverage. Dimitriev is smart trying for that elusive 4 Axel , this is his last chance.
As I understand Petrov's problem is not poise but that he hit a physiological ceiling. He has a health issue which is not problematic in regular life but prevents him from training intensively enough to compete at the top level without getting sick, hence all his recent health problems. There is probably not much that can be done to get around that.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
As I understand Petrov's problem is not poise but that he hit a physiological ceiling. He has a health issue which is not problematic in regular life but prevents him from training intensively enough to compete at the top level without getting sick, hence all his recent health problems. There is probably not much that can be done to get around that.

Oh my, this makes me sad. I loved his skating as junior and i was so sure that he will do well as a senior... :sad21:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JGP Bratislava assignments

1) Savosin
2) Rukhin

Subs:

Petr GUMENNIK
Makar IGNATOV
Artem KOVALEV
Egor MURASHOV
Mikhail POLIANSKII
Evgeni SEMENENKO
Matvei VETLUGIN

Main competition: Torgashev, Sumoto and Gogolev :think:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

1) Savosin
2) Rukhin

Subs:

Petr GUMENNIK
Makar IGNATOV
Artem KOVALEV
Egor MURASHOV
Mikhail POLIANSKII
Evgeni SEMENENKO
Matvei VETLUGIN

Elated to see Vetlugin on the sub list! :love:
I dearly hope Rukhin has handled his growth spurt better than Skirda, love them both but I don't want to see him struggle like Ilia did. :pray:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I remember when Plushy Yags and Abt were skating for Russia. This thread would have as many pages, if not more than the ladies. Times have really changed.

vorravorra

Record Breaker

1) Savosin
2) Rukhin

Subs:

Petr GUMENNIK
Makar IGNATOV
Artem KOVALEV
Egor MURASHOV
Mikhail POLIANSKII
Evgeni SEMENENKO
Matvei VETLUGIN

Semenenko went AWOL last season virtually straight after his one JGP event. Good to see he is still skating at least.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I remember when Plushy Yags and Abt were skating for Russia. This thread would have as many pages, if not more than ladies. Times have really changed.

Yup, and all three of them in the top 5 at SLC! That was really something :cool:

Maybe its wishful thinking but I'd like to think last season was something of a breakthrough. It really felt like the men weren't just question marks with potential but legit medal contenders for the most part. The vibes were probably the most positive they ever were in years. I hope they build on it this year!

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Why no Artur Danielyan among the pool of subs? Should I get worried..?

Also, any news about Skiirda? Miss him.

vorravorra

Record Breaker

Ilya is still around but not with Tutberidze, I have forgotten the name of his new coach. He is still having trouble with jumps.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

No. He wasn't a sub at the first or second event last year either. And he is not a late Aug skater. It's better if he gets one of the later events.

No. Last I heard, he still has no 3axel so I wouldn't expect him on the JGP. They really need to work on his jump technique post growth spurt. But he seems to be enjoying his time with Murashov :laugh: He's being coached by Volchkova by the way.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

I thought maybe Artur is going senior, but then he didn’t have GP assignments. Hmm, I wonder why too

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought maybe Artur is going senior, but then he didn’t have GP assignments. Hmm, I wonder why too

Artur is only 14. He doesn't turn 15 until the middle of December so he is not old enough to go Senior. Like I mentioned earlier, he is not a early season skater plus if the Russians are betting on him, they would do best to avoid Gogolev and Phan. Even if they are not betting on him, it's still best to avoid Gogolev and Phan :laugh:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
No. He wasn't a sub at the first or second event last year either. And he is not a late Aug skater. It's better if he gets one of the later events.

Yep but last year by this time he was basically a no name so no wonder he wasn't in consideration for JGP spots. Now he's reigning JWC silver medallist so one would assume he should be at least in the initial pool of skaters considered. We'll see.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yep but last year by this time he was basically a no name so no wonder he wasn't in consideration for JGP spots. Now he's reigning JWC silver medallist so one would assume he should be at least in the initial pool of skaters considered. We'll see.

Why would you think he wasn't in consideration last year? Every boy that went to test skates was in consideration and on top of that, he was the only one in his age group to skate his long program clean with a 3axel. Rukhin also kinda landed his 3axel and they both got an event. Semenenko got one because he demonstrated in the past the ability to complete one. No other guy in their age range received an event. So I'm not sure why you would think he wasn't in consideration.

Then on top of that, the first event for Brisbane, Russia only submitted 4 guys. Two as entries (Savosin/Kovalev) and 2 as subs (Skirda/Rukhin) and I can hardly believe that those were the only guys "in consideration" and everyone else was a no name.

I'll start to panic if he is not on the main list or a sub after event 3.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Why would you think he wasn't in consideration last year? Every boy that went to test skates was in consideration and on top of that, he was the only one in his age group to skate his long program clean with a 3axel. Rukhin also kinda landed his 3axel and they both got an event. Semenenko got one because he demonstrated in the past the ability to complete one. No other guy in their age range received an event. So I'm not sure why you would think he wasn't in consideration.

Then on top of that, the first event for Brisbane, Russia only submitted 4 guys. Two as entries (Savosin/Kovalev) and 2 as subs (Skirda/Rukhin) and I can hardly believe that those were the only guys "in consideration" and everyone else was a no name.

I'll start to panic if he is not on the main list or a sub after event 3.

If they still havent made a splash/impresion to get JGP events right from the start, yes they were no names at that point. I don't see that as good or bad either, just what it is. Good for him getting an event after the test skates later.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reposting:

Sergei Voronov

LP Kaleo - Way down we go

Choreographed by Denis Ten

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180728-00000052-mai-spo

After the performance, according to the interview of the Mainichi Shimbun, Voronov said, "I'd like to slide through the program he choreographed as my future responsibility, obligation, to convey his thoughts and feelings is my destiny "I said.

The performance is a song "Way Down We're Go" tied up with the main character 'Logan' by a character of American comic. The hero has an image of immortality, and Ten proposed that it is suitable for Voronov who is active and still keeps skating even now when he turned 30.

The choreography was held at the end of May, and Voronov said, "I never thought deeply, but when I think about it now, it was destiny, not from God but it is a given mission." In the free demonstration, Voronov cares for Mr. Ten. In the choreography of the places we have synchronized the movements Mr. Ten showed on the ice, the last looked up to the sky, and showed a praying look.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junior men test skates will be next week, Aug. 4-7. Apparently these are open but you have to make special arrangements according to the Russian forums. Hopefully there is a report on the boys! SP is on the 6th, LP on the 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.