2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova new SP: the phantom of the opera. Source: Daniil's Instagram
Did Daniil not learn from the 2014-2015 season that POTO is over and must be buried 10000 feet away from ISU's music player?
Oh great....

Danny T

Medalist

Oh come on people. Have they learned nothing from post-Sochi? :palmf: At least give her some good music cuts, please? The girl deserves a decent programme.

OT: Hanyu & everyone else for that matter better not be getting any bright ideas :dev2:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Well, we don't know which piece they are using, so I will wait... :)

Honestly, I love Phantom but I'm not sure there's a single piece from it left that hasn't been beaten to death in skating... Twisted Every Way, maybe? But that's like a minute long.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Alina's SP announcement is making me appreciate Evgenia's senior music choices all the more. I thought they were a bit boring except for W.E. and Karenina, but at least most were unique. :palmf:
Come on, Alina, show us something unusual at least in the LP... What a shame, such a talented skater, and such uninspired music.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
As much as everyone will hate me for saying this, we haven’t really had many POTO programs in the last few years at least by top competitors, and I really think if Alina pulls it off well enough it could be very good.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Alina's SP announcement is making me appreciate Evgenia's senior music choices all the more. I thought they were a bit boring except for W.E. and Karenina, but at least most were unique. :palmf:
Come on, Alina, show us something unusual at least in the LP... What a shame, such a talented skater, and such uninspired music.

Every skater has the right to skate to a war horse at least once :popcorn:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I think warhorses can make great programs too.
Something tells me Alina’s Phantom won’t feel very warhorsey. Like her Swan, they even mixed it with Moonlight music(!!!), who would’ve thought of that mix?? I’m feeling optimistic.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems like just yesterday was the year of POTO! #TooSoon

I was just expecting that they would do something that gets everyone all worked up...so I guess POTO is a good start. :laugh:

CreepyBug

Rinkside

Everybody's so tired of and upset about it, and I can see where they come from. But I guess I just love POTO so much, and can't wait to see the end product. I think Alina has the potential to do great with it. She has said that she loves skating to dramatic music, and actually relates more to her SP this season than the LP.

iorii

On the Ice
Black Swan, Don Quixote, and now POTO.

She's a brilliant skater she could skate to non-warhorse music. But well she's young, I guess she will be in warhorse programs for a while.

Yuzuru will finally be skating to whatever he feels like now, like he used to skate to 'winning programs.' Young Alina is still in 'winning programs' phase.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
As much as everyone will hate me for saying this, we haven’t really had many POTO programs in the last few years at least by top competitors, and I really think if Alina pulls it off well enough it could be very good.

Why oh why do the women keep giving me more reasons to do things like, oh I don't know, reorganize my books, polish my shoes, clean the oven, yawn, when they compete? Oh wait, the yawning also happens when I actually do watch them compete.

And I used to love the women the best.

Sad. Very sad.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I think warhorses can make great programs too.
Something tells me Alina’s Phantom won’t feel very warhorsey. Like her Swan, they even mixed it with Moonlight music(!!!), who would’ve thought of that mix?? I’m feeling optimistic.

I agree, team Eteri usually manage to create interesting musical choices. For example, Zhenya's Extremely Loud Incredibly Close was mixed with a piece I found on youtube from a pretty much unknown composer.

If I had to bet, I think they'll use Past the Point of No Return ;)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to Alina's POTO and I don't like POTO much. Why? Because it's only the SP, and I prefer Ladies skating to it as opposed to men. Alexia Paganini's POTO this season I enjoyed and I can see a cool step sequence of Alina's before my inner eye already.