2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I did have that thought too. Fast, intense blues... I said that to my Dad and he said, so they mean rock and roll?
There are faster blues pieces, or, to be more precise, there are such pieces in the blues sub genre called 'bluesrock'. But I don't think that kind of music is really suitable for skating in most cases. So, rock and roll seems more likely anyway.

pearly

Record Breaker
Oh that is so great, relieved to know there will be at least one Chicago program out there next season!

Said no one, ever.

Andrea82

Medalist
Oh that is so great, relieved to know there will be at least one Chicago program out there next season!

Said no one, ever.

The positive thing is that it probably means no other Chicago at Gadbois which rule out something like 2/3 of the Ice Dance field nowadays. Unless with so many teams they run out of music choices

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love this pairing but somewhat disappointed with the music choices...thought John Kerr might have gone for something original for the FS rather than a warhorse..

I’m not sure that Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult (not Wagner, that would be interesting :)) is a warhorse? Jason Brown had a great FS with it, but I don’t know anyone else who skated to it. Even if someone else did, it’s certainly not POTO or Carmen.

Just let them stay away from mustard yellow pants;)

LRK

Record Breaker
I’m not sure that Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult (not Wagner, that would be interesting :)) is a warhorse? Jason Brown had a great FS with it, but I don’t know anyone else who skated to it. Even if someone else did, it’s certainly not POTO or Carmen.

Just let them stay away from mustard yellow pants;)

I can remember only Mae-Berenice Meite and Boikova/Kozlovskii at the moment - the latter's performance of it was what made me a fan of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHE3U6u9GMk

Otherwise I agree that it isn't exactly ubiquitous - and it's nice music, so I'm looking forward to it.:)

I don't see her being able to do Romeo and Juliet at all. Her Cinderella didn't really work, and I'm thinking that's what they will be building on here.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So it’s looking like Tenell’s FS is gonna be Romeo & Juliette chores by Benoit Richaud- https://www.instagram.com/p/BjkSYl6DNpy/?taken-by=bradietennell

Good for her...I thought people picked on her too much last year for her programs which brought her great success. Who cares what the picky folks say...,you do you Bradie! I love R&J and think it’s a great type of program to develop emotional presence on the ice. This should be a good fit...she seems kind of perfect for this style too and I think she likes and wants to go this direction.

I like Benoit Richard too. Anxiously awaiting the tango he and Serafima came up with. :popcorn;

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Which Romeo and Juliet, I wonder? There are quite a few operas, symphonies, film scores, etc. to choose from.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Love Maria's music. It's Prokofiev's ballet music. I was curious who did the choreo -- it was Raf's wife, Vera! :)

franco1991

Rinkside
I've watched a very recent exhibition from Carolina and if you look carefully at the placement of each element, it seems her short program for the upcoming season will be Back to Black by Amy Winehouse. Might not be, but I was right last season when I predicted her short program music would be Ne me quite pas by Celine Dion. Interesting choice if it really is the music for next season.