2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I have bought my tickets for the Grand Prix Final, it was just too near to me to pass up. Now I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 8 months of waiting.

it will come... it will come... i have had my tickets for Skate Canada for a long time... LOL... almost forgot about it.... and now... SOI is finally coming up!!!! and I realised they start at 7pm... ugh... i have to get out of work early

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I have bought my tickets for the Grand Prix Final, it was just too near to me to pass up. Now I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 8 months of waiting.
Heh, I'd love to go to that too, but I'm on the opposite end of the country. I'm debating whether to go to Skate Canada, as Laval is much closer to where I live.

Scout

Final Flight
It should be noted: 10 of the 15 junior ice dance teams that competed at Nationals are confirmed to have split.

From that carnage one new team has formed: Galiyanova/Lochhead.

Olivia McIsaac, Lee Royer, Jason Chan, Kaitlyn Chubb, and Jade McCue are on Ice Partner Search. Fabbri and Pietrantonio were also on there earlier this year. It's going to be a different field in juniors than we are used to.

10? Of 15? Wow. Sad to see some of those splits. Carnage is a good word choice...any known reasons why? Is this going to be a mix and match season? Or have some skaters retired from competition?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Last time we had ice dance carnage it was blamed on Tessa and Scott's return. This time can we blame it on their retirement?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
10? Of 15? Wow. Sad to see some of those splits. Carnage is a good word choice...any known reasons why? Is this going to be a mix and match season? Or have some skaters retired from competition?

Elliott Graham and Parker Brown retired. Tommy Tang retired for school. Claudio Pietrantonio is aging out of juniors and Alicia wants to continue as a junior because she's only 15. Iirc Chubb/Gunther's coaches told them this was the furthest they could take them together as a team. McCue/Clemente had worse than expected results after their last summer competition. Stairs/Royers' split was likely based on the fact that they missed junior Worlds and got beaten in scores internationally by three other Canadian teams.

millie

Medalist
Hey guys, Kaetlyn Osmond will finally be back on home soil today. A big celebration at St.Johns’s airport to welcome her home and week of Ice Shows throughout Newfoundland and benefits to give back to her community. A lot of excited little figure skaters waiting to greet her.....🙂

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Hey guys, Kaetlyn Osmond will finally be back on home soil today. A big celebration at St.Johns’s airport to welcome her home and week of Ice Shows throughout Newfoundland and benefits to give back to her community. A lot of excited little figure skaters waiting to greet her.....🙂

Yes millie, she's in YYT by dinner and here's the agenda http://www.southerngazette.ca/news/busy-schedule-for-osmonds-homecoming-in-marystown-201294/

Jig's Dinner with salt pork and peas pudding everyone, complete with a Figgy Duff! Now that's home cooking, if skating ever had one!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
We'll have to wait and see how many new teams we end up with. We already have Galiyanova/Lochhead. Olivia McIsaac, Alicia Fabbri, Claudio Pietrantonio and Lee Royer were all on IPS and aren't anymore, so they may have new partners. Though I believe Pietrantonio said on his profile that he also has Italian citizenship, so if he does we don't know if it's for Canada. Someone on another forum said both he and Fabbri have new partners.

Jason Chan is on IPS looking for a senior partner, and he's at Gadbois now. He lists Benjamin Brisebois as one of his many coaches.

Kaitlyn Chubb and Jade McCue are both looking for junior partners on IPS.

Elliot Graham, Parker Brown, and Tommy Tang retired.

All in all, of the twenty people involved in the splits, we have 3 retiring, 2 in a new partnership, 3 currently on IPS, and 4 who were on IPS. That leaves 8 who we don't know what their plans are: Ashlynne Stairs, Valerie Taillefer, Olivia Han, Keelee Gingrich, Alex Gunther and Gabriel Clemente.

ETA: Keelee Gringrich also retired.

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
I think Keelee Gringrich had surgery recently (compartment syndrome if I recall correctly).
I'm pretty sure these skaters are done skating: Olivia Han, Alex Gunther

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I forgot to mention Keelee also announced her retirement. She developed compartment syndrome. Her retirement and surgery posts are here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bei4RmKB1ID/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg15wrXhZ8U/

It's a shame because Gingrich/Brown had some interesting programs. They just took some really unfortunate falls throughout their short time together.

I think ice dance coaches should also be actively looking for partners with their students. Carol Lane is good at this - she's brought over some Brits last season.

millie

Medalist
She'll have a sore hand by the end of her visit!

Lol, I’ll be the first in line to greet our girl...🙂🙂🙂🙂....The Island population of province 520,000 counting her hometown of 5,316 are welcoming her in some way or another...

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
i met her at ACI ;) lalala ;) she is very nice

Well okay. I got an invite in Halifax to the Poje home..., and you thought you were family? You still have sooo much to learn my Grasshopper friend! It's not time for you to leave. Practice that pebble snatch thingy, just a bit more. :handw:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well okay. I got an invite in Halifax to the Poje home..., and you thought you were family? You still have sooo much to learn my Grasshopper friend! It's not time for you to leave. Practice that pebble snatch thingy, just a bit more. :handw:

is sarahsynchro using O4G's account?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Latest addition to Team Cricket: 4everchan's son Conrad.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I can't wait for the GPF! We bought our tickets the day they came out :biggrin:

I'm super excited for Gilles/Poirier to start being on podiums... they are so good and I think they finally have final group PCS recognition after the James Bond program at the Olympics.

Congratulations to Kaetlyn - getting a road named after you must be such a weird surreal feeling! She looks so cute in the press photo with Liam!