Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Canadian figure skating

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaPat View Post
    Under current regulations they can't ship wine out of province. Technically, consumers can't carry it over provincial borders either, but they don't have anybody at the border to stop you. It led to some interesting conversations in our family when we carried some wine over the Alberta/BC border multiple times in a week (hiking and shopping in Alberta, camped at Kicking Horse in BC).

The feds have relaxed their restrictions, but the provinces have to get on board as well, and few have. This is a hot topic in the Okanagan.
    i have had wine shipped to QC from BC but it's indeed not "legal" .... SAQ in Quebec is very strict... every import has to be done through them... of course, it doesn't really work like that but I can understand, due to Patrick's popularity that FRC has decided to play clean... good news, these laws are supposed to be made less difficult... but we will see..

3 Not allowed!
    We tried some of his wine in Aug. and liked it! Hope you get some!

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0001 View Post
    If you have a question to ask Patrick, he is doing a live Twitter Q & A on Monday at 11 am at Twitter Canada:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pchiddy/status/985274054688075778?ref_src=twsrc^twitterkit Don't miss the chance!
    He answered 24 twitter questions today. You can watch it here:
    https://twitter.com/Pchiddy

2 Not allowed!
    tran is no longer skating with castelli....

3 Not allowed!
    Lubov's on vacation. Maybe she'll get the news when she returns. She was still training at Cricket Club prior to her vacation.

---

There are two figure skating events this weekend. 2018 Ursula Lehming Scarboro Skate and 2018 United Cycle Sunsational. There may be a live stream of the latter here.

Looking ahead to the summer there a few events already announced.

Skate Ontario Sectional Series Event #1
    July 26-29, 2018
    Gloucester, ON

Wild Rose Invitational Competition
    August 2-6, 2018
    Leduc, AB

2018 Super Series BC SummerSkate
    August 16-19, 2018
    Burnaby, BC

Skate Ontario Sectional Series Event #2
    August 16-19, 2018
    North York, ON

The event in North York is also a part of the North American Series (per Skate Ontario) so expect to maybe see some American skaters as well.

Before the summer there is also the 2018 Super Series Victoria Day in Surrey, BC running May 18-20. This one is definitely live streamed.

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    Woah!!! Please let him pair up with someone! I don't even care which country!

3 Not allowed!
    Gabby's in South Korea for Jun Hwan Cha's ice show: https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/stat...25038164381696

We have a thread for this but in case you've missed it Sandra Bezic's being inducted into World Figure Skating Hall of Fame: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/04/17/272597506

"I took a chance to build a world of mine...." Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Keegan Messing is going to be performing in the Cleveland Figure Skating Club annual ice show as a guest skater. https://www.instagram.com/p/BhrCzMfn...ken-by=1936csc

GS Supporter

4 Not allowed!
    Oooooh. Off to find more details.

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3Rabbit View Post
    Keegan Messing is going to be performing in the Cleveland Figure Skating Club annual ice show as a guest skater. https://www.instagram.com/p/BhrCzMfn...ken-by=1936csc
    And the skaters in the dark are Julianne & Charlie!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtpwWlHulN/

GS given name - Beatrice

7 Not allowed!
    yup indeed.... my boy became a champion.... then he became a man.... then he became an artist.... and now, he is a legend.... all in 10 years....

It was a great experience to 'discover' him in my perspective and then follow his career forward, reminisce about his past at the same time. He became a lot things during those 10 years, transforming and changing, but the skill, craft, capability to amaze just rose up, alluring more people with time. And yes, first it was champion and that was just an entry to things, signature he'll be known and recognizable for ages: flow, edge quality, musicality, sensibility in movement, making quiet moments sing, making his body to perform like an instrument, making people quiet and mesmerized. It is truly a gift to have such programs, performances to re-watch and to have been a witness of such skater in his competitive years

and belated for 14,000 posts!!!

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post

It was a great experience to 'discover' him in my perspective and then follow his career forward, reminisce about his past at the same time. He became a lot things during those 10 years, transforming and changing, but the skill, craft, capability to amaze just rose up, alluring more people with time. And yes, first it was champion and that was just an entry to things, signature he'll be known and recognizable for ages: flow, edge quality, musicality, sensibility in movement, making quiet moments sing, making his body to perform like an instrument, making people quiet and mesmerized. It is truly a gift to have such programs, performances to re-watch and to have been a witness of such skater in his competitive years

and belated for 14,000 posts!!!
    thank you for the cheers and for the kind words regarding Patrick...

My only regret about is retirement is exactly that : we won't get to see complex competitive programs skated to perfection... or simply new complex competitive programs... every time he canceled an event this year... i couldn't help but think... damn it... we won't have a clean version of DITW or Hallulujah.... Considering the OG were only his third event of the year, Patrick did well but usually he needs 5-6 events to start really performing a new program.... so that was my disappointment... Imagine these two programs, without falls.. without pops....

I think the Onyx performances remain the most promising ones of the year.

4 Not allowed!
    Joseph Phan and Jeffrey Buttle are working on the former's new program at the moment, per Instagram. "Definitely a change from Buble", per Jeff.

GS Supporter

30 Not allowed!
    I have Canadian news! Gather round, everyone! Canada’s newest skating fan was born early this morning (April 24th) at 2:27AM. That’s right, NewDaughter has arrived 13 days ahead of schedule with a very short 2.5 hour labour, ending in a completely unplanned home birth in my parents’ spare bedroom. It could only be described as something right out of a sitcom, as is my whole life with my insane SynchroFam, in a nutshell. She is all ready to be christened as an up and coming Canadian skater’s uberfan! When we weren’t cat napping today, we spent lots of time watching non stop figure skating on YouTube; bless this hospital and their free wifi. We watched all the Olympic short and free programs for ladies and ice dance, and then got caught up on the 2018 world synchro championship freeskates. Gotta get them interested early, yknow.

It worked for Yuzudaughter, I mean, kind of.. until she took ome glimpse at a certain purple short program costume last year and fell in love..

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Congrats SarahSychro!! What wonderful news!!

6 Not allowed!
    Congrats Sarah ! You always have to do things your way don't you? LOL

6 Not allowed!
    Ahhh! Congrats, Sarah!!! Thank you for your dedication to procreating a new generation of Canadian skating fans, you're amazing!

Medalist

6 Not allowed!
    Congratulations, Sarah! I'm so happy to hear your good news! Start 'em young!

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast