2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 75 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Siberia82, I’m so sorry you had to go through this :ghug:, and I’m very relieved you’re recovering. :pray: for you to get back to normal soon.

rugbyfan

On the Ice
Look after yourself SIberia82. Glad you pulled through. Really grateful for all you do on this board. I rely on your posts a lot

Ziotic

Medalist
Siberia, I’m glad you are in the mend. It would be awful if we couldn’t share our love of Roman!

Weathergal

Medalist
Siberia82, First of all :eekn:

But most importantly, I am so glad you are on the mend and hope you continue to get better! :pray:

I enjoy reading the Canadian thread and have learned a lot by reading it, and I've gotten to know some of Canada's up-and-coming male skaters much better from your posts!

Please take care! :ghug:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for the well-wishes, everyone; it helps me to maintain a positive outlook while I'm healing. :) It was a terrifying experience, to put it mildly, but the important thing is that I survived due to the hard work of the paramedics, doctors and nurses, plus the generosity of a few blood donors. :bow: As this is a Canadian thread, I must praise our health care system (I know it's not perfect, but it's still pretty darn good) because if I had lived in the USA (I'm poor, so I wouldn't have insurance) or my parents' birth country (which is riddled with corruption and poverty), I would no longer be here. I've always been proud of being Canadian, and I understand now that I'm also VERY lucky to be Canadian.

And for the very mundane, happy that we will continue to get CBC coverage :biggrin:

:2thumbs:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I am curious to see how Orihara & Royer do in the Junior Dance event at Skate Canada Challenge this week.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Really grateful for all you do on this board. I rely on your posts a lot

I don't think anyone has ever told me that they rely on my posts a fair amount, so thanks. :)

It would be awful if we couldn’t share our love of Roman!

Not just awful, but tragic! :drama: Another silly worry that I had while I was at the hospital was, "But who is going to take care of Roman's Fan Fest if I kick the bucket?!" I clearly need a designated heir/ess on this forum. ;)

I enjoy reading the Canadian thread and have learned a lot by reading it, and I've gotten to know some of Canada's up-and-coming male skaters much better from your posts!

I'm so glad that you find my enthusiasm :hap10: for our rising stars in the men's discipline informative. If my "cheerleading" happens to be educational some of the time, then it makes being part of their fandoms even better.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I know I’m a bit late here but,
Very glad you’re okay Siberia! As a constant viewer (not so much poster...:slink: ) in this thread, it wouldn’t be the same without you.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Canadian men's route to the 2018 Grand Prix Final: win a medal at your first event, place fifth at your second event, be named first alternate, and then wait for somebody to withdraw. Works like a charm.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yay - Canada has someone in the GPF (not talking juniors). Dave Lease from the TSL seemed to take great joy Canada had no representative in the GPF in Canada of all places.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yay - Canada has someone in the GPF (not talking juniors). Dave Lease from the TSL seemed to take great joy Canada had no representative in the GPF in Canada of all places.

of course... he is a sensationalist kind of "reporter".... underdogs are always more appreciated than those who won the most medals at the year before olympics...

What people are forgetting to mention is that whether or not Canada has skaters competing, the crowd is always cheering for everyone.