2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Good luck to all the Canadians competing in Vancouver this week: Stephen, Marjorie and Zach, and Keegan! No matter the results, getting the chance to skate in such a prestigious event in your home country must be a great honour :).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After the earthquake in Anchorage, I think we can cut him some slack in terms of whatever placement or score he receives.

Agreed. From what has been reported, there were aftershocks going on well after the main event. That had to be unsettling.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So reportedly Charlie’s new partner is indeed Liubov (who was basically everybody’s default guess, as the only elite pair lady in Canada currently sans partner).

Ziotic

Medalist
So reportedly Charlie’s new partner is indeed Liubov (who was basically everybody’s default guess, as the only elite pair lady in Canada currently sans partner).

Maybe Julianne can team up with Francois. Any updates on her. Also I’m not sad to seem that pair up!

jillredhand

Record Breaker

Interesting rumor! We'll see how it pans out. I guess Lyubov went to the trouble of getting citizenship, it was a shame she missed Pyeongchang. Beijing's not out of the cards if they team up well. Though I thought she was doing the Cirque du Soleil ice show for the foreseeable future?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, siberia82, take care of yourself! Very scary experience. Hope you're feeling better and better every day. Always appreciate the wonderful videos you post!

icetug

Medalist
Just curious... I noticed at the NextGen page that Yvan Desjardin is named as Joseph's coach now. So Jo switched after Skate Canada Challenge? Or it's outdated info? (Stephen's seems to be up-to-date however).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

The link is now dead; what was in the original tweet?

Outside of a face-to-face meeting, I wish my rapport with Joseph was as good as it is with Matthew so that I could ask him directly what's going on with his coaching situation, but alas, the former chooses not to be as chummy with his fans as the latter, so that avenue is not open to me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it was xmas skating elves ;)

and... just so you guys know : the next gen for Joseph was never updated if I am not mistaken.. he was always with Yvan as when they released next gen, the move wasn't done...

now though, Brian is NO LONGER listed for GOGOLEV... so perhaps Brian has decided that he cannot do juniors anymore... he has too many seniors or something like that... I HAVE NO IDEA .... and I HAVE NO IDEA if this decision is for GOGO only or JO as well... in that case, and considering the tough time, perhaps Jo will come back to Quebec.

THe only thing I wish for Jo aside from being in a happy environment is for him not to burn bridges with coaches.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just curious... I noticed at the NextGen page that Yvan Desjardin is named as Joseph's coach now. So Jo switched after Skate Canada Challenge? Or it's outdated info? (Stephen's seems to be up-to-date however).

I'm not sure it was ever changed to Brian. Aurora Cotop has been with Ravi since this summer and she's still listed at Thornhill.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
it was xmas skating elves ;)

and... just so you guys know : the next gen for Joseph was never updated if I am not mistaken.. he was always with Yvan as when they released next gen, the move wasn't done...

now though, Brian is NO LONGER listed for GOGOLEV... so perhaps Brian has decided that he cannot do juniors anymore... he has too many seniors or something like that... I HAVE NO IDEA .... and I HAVE NO IDEA if this decision is for GOGO only or JO as well... in that case, and considering the tough time, perhaps Jo will come back to Quebec.

THe only thing I wish for Jo aside from being in a happy environment is for him not to burn bridges with coaches.

Lee was always Stephen's main coach though. And frankly, who's listed on the bio isn't necessarily the whole story. I wouldn't assume anything has changed with Stephen's training. With the Gadbois teams, the top teams there list only Marie-France, Patch and Romain, while other teams also include Pascal Denis. But I know from interview comments and training clips that Pascal does work with the higher-ranked teams some of the time too.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The link is now dead; what was in the original tweet?

Outside of a face-to-face meeting, I wish my rapport with Joseph was as good as it is with Matthew so that I could ask him directly what's going on with his coaching situation, but alas, the former chooses not to be as chummy with his fans as the latter, so that avenue is not open to me.

It was Christmas elves with Pchiddy, KO, Elvis and V&M.

https://twitter.com/Taylor_84/status/1069758207155933184

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
According to TSL, which mentioned this before the bio changes (it was their most recent video, I believe), Stephen's parents made the change because they didn't think Brian was spending enough time with him, or something to that effect.