2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 78 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Ziotic

Medalist
Why are Conrad and Jo not at Golden spins getting their TES minimum scores for 4CC and worlds?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Why are Conrad and Jo not at Golden spins getting their TES minimum scores for 4CC and worlds?

I believe they have them already. JGP Slovenia for Conrad and JGP Czech Skate for Jo for example exceed both SP and FS minimums.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice

I'm not sure why conrad isn't there but joseph really shouldn't be considered for 4CC or Worlds with how he has been skating recently. His skating and consistency have only gone downhill since moving to cricket. Look at challenge, many falls in FS and popped 3A in both programs.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I believe they have them already. JGP Slovenia for Conrad and JGP Czech Skate for Jo for example exceed both SP and FS minimums.

You have to earn tech minimums for senior is championships at a senior event. The reverse is also true- junior comps required for meeting minimums for junior worlds.

Ziotic

Medalist
I'm not sure why conrad isn't there but joseph really shouldn't be considered for 4CC or Worlds with how he has been skating recently. His skating and consistency have only gone downhill since moving to cricket. Look at challenge, many falls in FS and popped 3A in both programs.

While it’s true he hasn’t been in top shape, he still deserve the opportunity to earn the tech mins.

Although Keegan, Nam and Roman are having good seasons. I still fell Conrad can easily compete with them for the 4cc and word berths. Especially since he will be Sr next year as I believe he ages out.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I believe that Conrad said a while ago that he wasn’t planning on competing senior this year and was focused on Junior Worlds.

Ziotic

Medalist
I believe that Conrad said a while ago that he wasn’t planning on competing senior this year and was focused on Junior Worlds.

I guess that make sense! Based on season performance I would like to see Conrad and Stephen go to worlds.

For now I think Jo needs to refocus!

Also hoping Iliya and put out a good showing.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
We're not allowed to discuss current competitions here.

They recently updated the rules :): https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?74476

***************Update as of 11/8/18***************

Effective immediately, you may discuss competitions in threads outside the Competition Forums after each segment of an event (i.e. Short Program, Free Skate, Rhythm Dance, and Free Dance), but not during the specific segment of the event that is currently on-going.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so many rules ;) i get confused... well in that case... Cha was great.. messing... not sure where he lost so many tes points.. i am thinking his last spin was invalidated...

oh well.. SIGH

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
so many rules ;) i get confused... well in that case... Cha was great.. messing... not sure where he lost so many tes points.. i am thinking his last spin was invalidated...

oh well.. SIGH
URs on his quad and 3A.

Weirdly, CBC is planning to broadcast the junior pairs and junior ladies free programs on the weekend, i.e., the two junior events that don't have Canadian competitors in them.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Weirdly, CBC is planning to broadcast the junior pairs and junior ladies free programs on the weekend, i.e., the two junior events that don't have Canadian competitors in them.

:scratch2: Well, if I'm not mistaken, this would be first time that JGPF performances are aired on Canadian television.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
URs on his quad and 3A.

well yeah.. i saw the protocols but i wouldn't have been able to tell abut the carrots... usually, i can.. but i didn't see his nor cha's on 4s

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cha always gets < on his 4s, and sometimes on his 3a, too. This time he rotated the 3a.

Keegan lost practice time because of the earthquake. Maybe his timing was a bit off. I thought the 3a was under, but the quad looked OK.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Stephen Gogolev:

Wins the CAN Novice and Junior Titles - check
Wins first Junior Grand Prix he enters, becoming youngest skater to land all of 4Lz, 4S, 4T - check
Wins first JGPF as first alternate in front of a home crowd - check

He's going places :cool14: