2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 80 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She deserves more recognition. Kaetlyn mentioned she gets noticed in Europe and especially Japan and Korea but not at home. If she were in the States she would get beauty endorsements and probably athletic wear.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully Kaetlyn will come back renewed and re invigorated but wow it will be tough next year with the Russians andJapanese getting stronger and c omebacks from Mirai and Ashley as well.

Who said Mirai and Ashley were coming back? AFAIK, neither one has said she will return to competition. They will be 26 and 28 next season.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
Who said Mirai and Ashley were coming back? AFAIK, neither one has said she will return to competition. They will be 26 and 28 next season.

There are reports of mirai training for nationals however it’s been pretty quiet surrounding Ashley. But neither has officially retired so anything could happen.

Roo87

Medalist
Lets see...., an OGT Gold, OGS Bronze, a World Ladies Championship, tours in Japan, Korea with Yuna and co., SOI, the TYCT tour, TV appearances and commercial endorsements including a national chain of restaurants and others, nomination for Canadian athlete of the year, dream moment skates in Nashville & New York, contracts for tours in Europe and again with SOI 2019. Not to mention good health, a great family & lifetime friends, a new romance and earned respect from fans & critics alike, ...yup, 2018 was a very good year.

Cheers!

preach!!! Skater Boy has obviously never had a Big Mary.....mmmmmm....

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi Canadians! I came here to ask whether Kaetlyn Osmond is skating at Nationals? I looked in the comp thread and couldn't find any mention.

Who said Mirai and Ashley were coming back?

For Ashley, it's wishful thinking perhaps. She's writing a great blog now, and it's clear that she's not competing. https://www.theashwagner.com/

Mrs P posted in US Ladies thread that Mirai appeared in an instastory promoting US Nats ticket sales, saying "come see us skate." Or something to that effect.

Ziotic

Medalist
I wish Julianne had just reverted back to singles for the season after her and Charlie split. She’d have a pretty good shot to make the worlds team.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I wish Julianne had just reverted back to singles for the season after her and Charlie split. She’d have a pretty good shot to make the worlds team.

Does she have all the jumps they do in singles, or 3-3 combination? Switching to singles is not a walk in the park. It is true I think it is more difficult for Julianne to find a partner than for Charlie, at least on paper.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, she will not be!

:thank: for the reply. Kaetlyn will be greatly missed, but after the past few years she well deserves a year, or whatever time she ultimately chooses.

I agree that it would have been very uplifting for everyone, to see Julianne skate singles at Nationals, and she might have really been able to shine. But I also agree that switching to singles is not a walk in the park! I appreciated the chance to read her interview, although it was sad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Does she have all the jumps they do in singles, or 3-3 combination? Switching to singles is not a walk in the park. It is true I think it is more difficult for Julianne to find a partner than for Charlie, at least on paper.

the question is does anyone have all the jumps and a 3-3 ?

Julianne went to 4cc just a few years ago in singles.... she was a good jumper.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2013 4CC: Julianne was 11th overall
12th SP: 3z-fo-no combo, 3lo, 2a
10th FS: 3z+2t-to, 3t, 3s, 3z, 2lo, 3t+2t+2lo, 2a+2t
But that was 5 years ago…

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Now that Kevin has retired, I assume that means Brian Le has qualified for Nationals?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The initial entry lists for Nationals are up.

Gabby and Veronik are both listed in senior ladies, so evidently somebody is at least hoping they’ll make it there.

Justine and Mark are listed among the pairs, despite having to withdraw from the qualifying competition, so I guess they got a medical bye.