Kamila Valieva | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yeah, we are witnessing so many talents growing, isn't it exciting?

First Junior Worlds though ....

Kamila AFAIK isn't on the list of the February 26 show, but might still make an appearance with an 'improvised' dance routine like in the New Year's shows in Germany. That would be awesome :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Valiyeva vs Liu is cooler than the standoff between TShchK. Why is the Junior World Championships more interesting than the Senior?

The World Championship in Tallinn this year will be more competitive, closer and cheaper than the main tournament of the season

Many competitions around the world are canceled or held without spectators, but this fate, we hope, will bypass figure skating. In March, almost in a row, two World Championships will take place - March 2-8, for the youths in Tallinn, March 16-22, for the seniors in Montreal. Despite the successful European Championship, at the junior level, the chances of success in the World Championships are greater. This applies to men and couples, and dancing. Obviously, Daniil Samsonov and Pyotr Gumennik have more chances than Dmitriy Aliyev against Hanyu and Chen, our adult dancers are likely to be punished for “impudence” in Graz, and in pairs there will be dangerous Chinese, which fail in the juniors.

Not to mention the principal category for Russia, female single skating, where we are waiting for the continuation of an exciting duel. The senior championship will look like that. The struggle between 13-15-year-old girls should be monitored even more closely. Their intrigue spins even harder.

Confrontation between TShchK is already familiar

With the advent of new stars in senior skating - Aleksandra Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova and Alyona Kostornaya - the demand for information about them has increased significantly. In the first months of the three champions really there was written lots about them. But to say that they managed to make history out of their confrontation is impossible. Biathlon is promoted due to the battle of Russians and Norwegians, Aleksandr Loginov has riveted the attention of the general public during the biathlon World Championship.
In figure skating, the struggle between the three poles of TShchK takes place behind the scenes, in the locker room, at the Khrustalniy rink and almost does not flow into public space. This is not advantageous to the headquarters of Tutberidze, or, probably, to the skaters themselves, or to the federation. Not so long ago, the Japanese television company Asahi managed to make a film about Alina Zagitova, which also spoke about the new generation of Tutberidze’s students. But his shooting and coordination took place with great difficulty.

The competitive history of Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaya is still quite simple. The struggle for gold comes down to the confrontation between Shcherbakova and Kostornaya. Rika Kihira without quadruples is not a competitor yet. Trusova, unfortunately, is a little aloof, but admires her desire to conquer as many jumps as possible. The Russians are very supportive for all of ours, pronounced fan groups have not appeared. With great attention to the skaters, not one of them practically glows outside the rink, does not conduct media events and non-standard actions like the recent announcement of Medvyedeva for her products. In such circumstances, the confrontation will remain the usual competition at the rink. Good or bad - judge for yourself.

Match between Schools

The potential of the Valiyeva vs Liu duel seems to be higher. At least because it involves two countries and two different coaching schools. Although coach Laura Lipetsky knows the Russian language and admires Eteri Tutberidze in every way, the confrontation between Russia and the USA will always be fundamental. Yes, there is no personal factor, as in the case of Tutberidze and Orser and Medvyedeva, but there is a big difference in the image.

Liu - smiling, open, gives feedback to the public.

Valiyeva is consciously cold-blooded, renounced and smiles only after the competition.

And this, as it were, symbolizes two different approaches to sports - playful or even playful and less emotional, working.

Drama and relationship to each other

Kamila and Alysa have repeatedly spoken about each other. Most respectfully - but at least it’s not the usual “I focus on my skating”, which can be heard from many skaters.
“Good job,” Liu told Valiyeva after the Grand Prix finale, which went extremely dramatic for her. Alysa had the technical advantage over Kamila, who has only recovered from injury and abstained from her quads. But in the end, Liu burned down, she fell from the triksel and errored on other jumps, failing to get ahead of the clean Kamila.

Before that, Liu was spotted in the stands with the red 'Alina' sign and admitted that she was motivated by Zagitova’s appearance at the Olympics.
In turn, Valiyeva admitted that she was following Liu. "When I browse through Instagram and see Liu - I look at the snippets."
Or: - She jumps a quadruple Lutz, two triple Axels. I have two quadruple Toeloops. I would still like to know who is stronger - her or me, - said Valiyeva before the start of the season in an interview with RIA Novosti.
It's great that the athletes themselves understand the value of their duel and are normal about what surrounds it.

Technical uniqueness

The value of quadruple jumps will drop over time - many will learn how to do them, at least among juniors. But while Liu’s technical set is really transcendental - two quadruple Lutz and two triple Axels were not announced, for example, at the Grand Prix finals, even among the young men. Valiyeva’s arsenal is a bit more modest - two quadruple Toeloops in her free program, but the other jumps, the rotation speed and flexibility, when in the same rotation Camila can spread her legs into a perfect vertical split, are amazing.

Olympic prospects

With a high degree of probability, the battle of Valiyeva vs Liu = the battle for the Olympic gold of 2022. Of course, in two years, much can change, including the Olympics be canceled altogether, but so far in the eyes of the honourable public, everything looks exactly like that. The Beijing arena is likely to root for Liu. “Home” refereeing is not to be ruled out either - there are no Chinese women in the group of leaders, and Liu can be made their own heroine. And then the value of the confrontation will increase at times - Russia has already firmly staked out the women's single skating at the Olympics. There are plenty of people who want to overturn this state of affairs.
Therefore, every World Championships is now a big event. Tallinn - 200 kilometers from the Russian border, March 7 - 9 - long weekends, tickets to the lower tier - only 8 euros. It's worth it.

(c) Дмитрий Кузнецов
-----
From: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...e-vzroslogo-kamila-valieva-alisa-lyu-1646645/

Azikin

Medalist
Nope, no drama on JWC. I don't think anyone else is close to Kamila, no matter what "rivalry" they try to create. The main tournament will be way more competitive and intense.

Azikin

Medalist
Amazing. For me probably the best from all her performances of this short program.. and there have been a few.. ;):luv17::love::cheer:

ragdoll

On the Ice
I have never followed juniors but am watching parts of JWC this year and was really taken by her. She was exquisite in the SP and I hope she does equally well in the free today. Looking forward to see her as a senior soon. She has a new fan in me.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh wow, what an exquisite performance by Kamila! She is so light and swift over the ice, her flexibility never fails to astound me, and she is graceful and lyrical as a performer. She is just so, so good.

Azikin

Medalist
So where was the rivalry? Kamila was apparently in a different league from everyone else.. as expected.. :luv17::coffee::rock:

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Congratulations to the new junior world champion!

At the GPF, I sat next to a couple who were not familiar with juniors at all. The guy asked me about Kamila (because I stood by to try and take a photo) and I told him that is the next junior world champion. Of course Kamila would not make a fool:))) of me, and I didn't lie to that guy!