Music Choices/Prediction for Your faves | Golden Skate

Music Choices/Prediction for Your faves

Let's keep them all here?

Or discuss in the skater's Fan Fest?

Your personal choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well there is room to discuss music for every skater. Especially World and Olympic champions going into next season, right? :biggrin: Perhaps they could all be conglomerated into one "Music suggestions for 2018/2019" thread, but keeping them separately is up to the mods.

Xen

Rinkside
I'm also for keeping music suggestions for specific skaters in the skater's FF thread, and keeping a general suggestions thread in the edge. As such, is it possible to merge some of those threads' posts with this one here?

So music suggestions:
-The Last Emperor soundtrack: Yuzu or Boyang
-Assassin's Tango: Wakababy

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
To see a top skater perform with the score from The Crown. I reckon it would suit Evgenia very well :)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Has anyone done a program to the Inception movie soundtrack? There is some epic music in it that could be used for a futuristic program theme.

mrrice

Record Breaker
This song would need some editing as it begins lyrical and finishes fast and powerful and could work well for a power skater...It's called Zero To Sixty In Five: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-VN8V7rjg

We used it for ballet like you see in the video but, I think it would work well for skating. I could see Deniss Vasiļjevs or Timothy Dolensky spinning on the piano and guitar runs.

Warwick360

Medalist
For a change, I want to see a skater try music from the Spaghetti Western genre. Something from Ennio Morricone for example. Would it work? Don't know, but I sure would love to see someone (preferably someone who is good) try it.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
For a change, I want to see a skater try music from the Spaghetti Western genre. Something from Ennio Morricone for example. Would it work? Don't know, but I sure would love to see someone (preferably someone who is good) try it.

I believe Michal Brezina skated to an Ennio Morricone medley in the 2016/2017 season.

patymarone

Rinkside
There is a version of Paint it Black from the Westworld soundtrack that would be amazing in a program, I feel like it would suite Kaetlyn Osmond's powerful skating
An Ice Dance team doing Frozen by Madonna and since this is the Tango season, there's a song by Bajofondo called Pa'Bailar that is really good, hope I'll see a version of it in the SD

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
That's a good one!

Out of the sung ones, this one's my favorite(R.I.P. Origa). It would be amazing to see someone skating to that but I guess that's not very likely...

Nice, but Yuzuru choose to no skate with lyrics unless is easy to understand to fans (since he never choosing to skate to a japanese song with lyrics outside Japan) so if he were to pick something from her it would be with out lyrics... I think

yyyskate

Record Breaker

I also wanted Wakababy to skate to Wonder Women, acctually this cello theme song from WW sound track could be edited into the program as well, it always empowers me when I listen to it while skating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2ASp0f7GU

very interesting choice for Nathan, I would not have imagined it, maybe you also discovered some hidden qualities of Nathan's skating (e.g. sensitivity, delicacy, vulnerability, I was actually wanna add feminity as well:biggrin: ) besides the obvious masculinity. If use this piece, I will ONLY trust David Wilson to do the music editing and choreo. but I kinda understand your hope for Nathan.

for Karen, she acctually skated to the sound track of the greatest showman alreayd in the SOI. it is never enough it was very good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKEMBn_JdCE&index=5&list=PLi0vNpDrBJPdGH3LoC85PgixsOq5vDUV3

also the music ready player one you chose for Boyang is acctually Vincent's fav novel/movie/music.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I also wanted Wakababy to skate to Wonder Women, actually this cello theme song from WW sound track could be edited into the program as well, it always empowers me when I listen to it while skating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2ASp0f7GU

very interesting choice for Nathan, I would not have imagined it, maybe you also discovered some hidden qualities of Nathan's skating (e.g. sensitivity, delicacy, vulnerability, I was actually wanna add feminity as well:biggrin: ) besides the obvious masculinity. If use this piece, I will ONLY trust David Wilson to do the music editing and choreo. but I kinda understand your hope for Nathan.

for Karen, she actually skated to the sound track of the greatest showman already in the SOI already. it was very good.

Yes of course! No Wonder Woman should exist without the electric cello part! Goosebumps! :D

Oh I didn't know about Karen! Great choice... Need to check it out!

Follow last year's great programs, I want to challenge Nathan something harder, to deliver majesty, grandiosity with sensitivity, strength, yet convey solitude and stoicism the music prescribed. This piece should be sophisticated and not so obvious enough to offer great strides towards the PCS chase. Something that can be akin to Patrick's Elegy or Hanyu's Chopin - a transitional program that push him into the high PCS territory as an artistic skater, exceed Shoma even if possible.

The Choreography should able to showcase his balletic carriage, greater control of form, stillness/holding positions, arms, torso, head, shoulders. Really highlight the Skating skills, centered core, carriage. The piece offers contrasting mostly lows and increbly high sweeping lushness of the strings that is open to interpretation. Think of grand cathedral next to vast opening stunning natural landscaping (GoT type - countryside, vallies, mountains, canyons), there should be epic quality to it all. The music provide a nice canvass that is abstract enough for Nathen and his team to add depth, subtlety to develop his 'style', to make it their own. This can be something similar to Yuna's Lark Ascending (also by Vaugh Williams), but more masculine and more meditative and pensive procession approach.

Oh well, one can dream... Curious what Lori and Wilsons's version may contrast.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yes of course! No Wonder Woman should exist without the electric cello part! Goosebumps! :D

Oh I didn't know about Karen! Great choice... Need to check it out!

Follow last year's great programs, I would to challenge Nathan something harder, to deliver majesty, grandiosity with sensitivity, strength, yet convey solitude and stoicism the music prescribed. This piece should be sophisticated and not so obvious enough to offer great strides towards the PCS chase. Something that can be akin to Patrick's Elegy or Hanyu's Chopin - a transitional program that push him into the high PCS territory as an artistic skater, exceed Shoma even if possible.

The Choreography should able to showcase his balletic carriage, greater control of form, stillness/holding positions, arms, torso, head, shoulders. Really highlight the Skating skills, centered core, carriage. The piece offers contrasting mostly lows and increbly high sweeping lushness of the strings that is open to interpretation, Tthink of grand cathedral next to vast opening stunning natural landscaping -GoT type - countryside, vallies, mountains, canyons), there should be epic quality to it all. The music provide a nice canvass that is abstract enough for Nathen and his team to add depth, subtlety to develop his 'style'. This can be something similar to Yuna's Lark Ascending (also by Vaugh Williams), but more masculine and more meditative and pensive procession approach.

Oh well, one can dream... Curious what Lori and Wilsons's version may contrast.

the bold part, you speak my mind, it is exactly my imagnery when I listern to this music.

but picturing Nathan to do it. I would consider this is a real challenge for him. his SS need to match to those sweeping lushess at parts of this music.

one thing I would say the Lori and Wilson's version will be very different. :biggrin:

This article from uncle Phill, they mentioned how David Wilso and Sandra Bezic "listen to music"

""David and I work well together and share ideas regardless of whether it’s a formal relationship or not. We are similar in our approach and how we hear music. . . "
http://www.globetrottingbyphilipher...kating-olympics-russia-canada-orser-medvedeva