2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

Eugene66

Spectator
So happy for China getting back their 3 slots in Pair!!! Wish S/H, Y/Z and P/J all in very good health!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So happy for China getting back their 3 slots in Pair!!! Wish S/H, Y/Z and P/J all in very good health!

Yeah, it was weird that China of all countries had only two spots :drama: Now it's back to what it should be :hap93:

yqs100

On the Ice
2018-2019 season is done for team china.

looking back this season, team China faced a lot changes and challenges, I'm so glad all of these were ended with the high note in the worlds. next season is gonna be very interesting:

Men - Can Jin have a more consistent perfomance? Yan Han will be back, how will he go?
Ladies - two naturalized athletes (From US) will be joining the national team. will Xiangning Li go back to single? all the ladies will fight for one spot.
Pairs - Will Yu/Zhang be back in the national team? will Sui/Han keep their long program? will Peng/Jin continue the momentum?
Dance - the competition between the two teams training in canada will be interesting.. who will become #1 for China? so far Wang/Liu is leading..

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
What do you mean "civilised athletes"?

2018-2019 season is done for team china.

looking back this season, team China faced a lot changes and challenges, I'm so glad all of these were ended with the high note in the worlds. next season is gonna be very interesting:

Men - Can Jin have a more consistent perfomance? Yan Han will be back, how will he go?
Ladies - two civilised athletes (From US) will be joining the national team. will Xiangning Li go back to single? all the ladies will fight for one spot.
Pairs - Will Yu/Zhang be back in the national team? will Sui/Han keep their long program? will Peng/Jin continue the momentum?
Dance - the competition between the two teams training in canada will be interesting.. who will become #1 for China? so far Wang/Liu is leading..

HoneyBear

On the Ice

I'm guessing he meant two ladies from the US will be granted Chinese citizenship, or something to that effect. Beverly Zhu seems likely, who is the other one?
If Xiangning Li go back to single, does that mean Xie Zhong will be paired with Gao again, or are they trying to find him another partner?

GarthAqua

On the Ice

More like "naturalized". Beverly Zhu has already competed in a international junior event representing China. Rumor says Ashley Lin will also join Team China but no official announcement has been made yet.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Wang/Liu will no doubt continue to lead.😌
Will Peng/Jin beat Yu/Zhang in conpetition? That is the question...
Can’t wait to see GAO/XIE back together and I hope to see more Chinese juniors in competitions.

yqs100

On the Ice
Wang/Liu will no doubt continue to lead.��
Will Peng/Jin beat Yu/Zhang in conpetition? That is the question...
Can’t wait to see GAO/XIE back together and I hope to see more Chinese juniors in competitions.

for ice dance, maybe we can find out more in COC.

Gao/Xie, it really depends on if Gao can nail the triple jumps, at least 3t or 3s. otherwise, Tang/Yang may take lead in that field.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Gao/Xie, it really depends on if Gao can nail the triple jumps, at least 3t or 3s. otherwise, Tang/Yang may take lead in that field.
Even if Gao/Xie get partnered back together and Xiangning goes back to singles, I still feel bad for them. It's an entire season they couldn't take back, time they could've spend bettering their techniques in their respective fields, time Gao could have used to practice her jumps.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
i thought Gao/Xie was reunited? https://m.weibo.cn/2078115897/4323621017246210
he posted something in his weibo, tagging(i don't know if he actually tagged but there's something about gao/xie below) Gao/Xie jan 2019.

he says 'I wish you all a happy new year, thank you for your support to us last year, and we will continue to work harder next year to live up to the expectations of everyone!'

Yumeng liked this post.