2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Yesterday, a doctor posted on weibo that she went to the new training base and checked Sui's feet. She said Sui is fully healed.
https://weibo.com/1430349924/Gof9Pp...&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1530781066098

Han posted today that Sui and Han are back on ice again with a blurry photo and Sui later retweet that weibo.
https://weibo.com/2051260445/GouHQ14kR?type=comment&pcfrom=msgbox#_rnd1530781009884

All the Chinese pairs have moved to the new training base except YU/ZHANG since Yu is stilling recovering form injury. Only PENG/JIN went to Canada for choreography, SH YZ and LX (the new pair) haven't got new choreography.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Yesterday, a doctor posted on weibo that she went to the new training base and checked Sui's feet. She said Sui is fully healed.
https://weibo.com/1430349924/Gof9Pp...&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1530781066098

Han posted today that Sui and Han are back on ice again with a blurry photo and Sui later retweet that weibo.
https://weibo.com/2051260445/GouHQ14kR?type=comment&pcfrom=msgbox#_rnd1530781009884

All the Chinese pairs have moved to the new training base except YU/ZHANG since Yu is stilling recovering form injury. Only PENG/JIN went to Canada for choreography, SH YZ and LX (the new pair) haven't got new choreography.

Now I’m seriously worried about Xiaoyu.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
the last that I heard was that she was injured and was why she was not in the ice show a few weeks ago. Nothing official yet

Yes she is injured, and was staying at the hospital during that time (According to Yu Xiaoyu’s Fan account)

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Now I’m seriously worried about Xiaoyu.

At least Hao Zhang is not gonna change his partner again, which means the injury is not that bad. Xiaoyu is currently at home with her parents and seems to be in a good mood judging from her weibo. However, I highly doubt she will be fully recovered before SA and get two new programs.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
At least Hao Zhang is not gonna change his partner again, which means the injury is not that bad. Xiaoyu is currently at home with her parents and seems to be in a good mood judging from her weibo. However, I highly doubt she will be fully recovered before SA and get two new programs.

I think they’ll participate in SA, but might keep both of the programs. (Which is a good news to me since I loved both of their programs so much last season)
Also think that Sui/Han might keep at least one program from former sesons since she still has to be careful.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
I think they’ll participate in SA, but might keep both of the programs. (Which is a good news to me since I loved both of their programs so much last season)
Also think that Sui/Han might keep at least one program from former sesons since she still has to be careful.

Hopefully Bridge Over Troubled Water :luv17: They've only performed it in competition two times I think. I wished that they kept it for Olympic season, but oh well.

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
The Chinese Figure Skating Association Announced the National Team of 2018/19
http://www.cfsa.com.cn/cfsa_portal/html/header.html

National Team
Ladies:LI Xiangning
Men: JIN Boyang, CHEN Yudong, FANG Shuai
Pairs: Class 1:SUI Wenjing/HAN Cong,PENG Cheng/JIN Yang, LI Xiangning/XIE Zhong, WANG Yuchen/HUANG Yihang
Class 2:TANG Feiyao/YANG Yongchao, WANG Huidi/WANG Zijian, LIU Motong/WANG Tianze, ZHANG Yuyao/JIA Ziqi
Class 3:GAO Yumeng/LIU Yuhang, ZHENG Lu/ZHU Lei, LI Jiaen/DONG Ziming
(YU Xiaoyu/ZHANG Hao is out because of YU's injury. They will also quit the GPs.)
IceDance: WANG Shiyue/LIU Xinyu, CHEN Hong/SUN Zhuoming, NING Wanqi/WANG Chao

Junior National Team:
Ladies: CHEN Hongyi, CAO Qijing, ZHANG Siyang, FENG Xinhui, JIN Hengxing
IceDance:GUO Yuzhu/ZHAO Pengkun, CHEN Xizi/XING Jianing

The National Team and Junior National Team are separated according to treatment but not age。Several skaters in National Team haven’t even meet the age for junior comepetitions yet. And some skaters in Junior National Team are too old for junior comepetitions。

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

National Team
Pairs: Class 1:SUI Wenjing/HAN Cong,PENG Cheng/JIN Yang, LI Xiangning/XIE Zhong, WANG Yuchen/HUANG Yihang
Class 2:TANG Feiyao/YANG Yongchao, WANG Huidi/WANG Zijian, LIU Motong/WANG Tianze, ZHANG Yuyao/JIA Ziqi
(YU Xiaoyu/ZHANG Hao is out because of YU's injury. They will also quit the GPs.)

Thanks for the update! Sad for Yu/Zhang, it looks like Xiaoyu's injury is serious. I was really looking forward to seeing them this season. I hope Yu gets well soon! And no national team for the Wangs (meaning Xuehan and Lei) either - well, as long as they stay together and competitive...

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Thanks for the update! Sad for Yu/Zhang, it looks like Xiaoyu's injury is serious. I was really looking forward to seeing them this season. I hope Yu gets well soon! And no national team for the Wangs (meaning Xuehan and Lei) either - well, as long as they stay together and competitive...

And Zhang hao also needs a rest. He never rested for almost 20 years except the season after Vancouver! I'm sad because they could have some championships medals this season.

Also sad for Yumeng.. but hope she gets well with her new partner. I actually liked her and Zhong as a team:rolleye:

gjz24

Spectator

National Team

Junior National Team:

The National Team and Junior National Team are separated according to treatment but not age。Several skaters in National Team haven’t even meet the age for junior comepetitions yet. And some skaters in Junior National Team are too old for junior comepetitions。

Where are Wang/Wang? She is my favorite pair skater, so much joy to watch.

irriya

On the Ice
Where are Wang/Wang? She is my favorite pair skater, so much joy to watch.

rumor said during the pair training camp in Sanya, Lei Wang was tested as the 2nd best male pair athlete, and he was asked to change partner to make a better team. He refused, so Wang/Wang were sent back and no longer in National team.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
rumor said during the pair training camp in Sanya, Lei Wang was tested as the 2nd best male pair athlete, and he was asked to change partner to make a better team. He refused, so Wang/Wang were sent back and no longer in National team.

Wow, if so, brave and sweet gesture of him! Fingers crossed for them either way.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Junior National Team:
I wonder why An Xiangyi isn't part of the Junior National Team but Cao Qijing and Feng Xinhui are....

yqs100

On the Ice
I wonder why An Xiangyi isn't part of the Junior National Team but Cao Qijing and Feng Xinhui are....

joining the national team means you have more resources, however, you have to compromise with the national team's decision. An xiangyi and her team (family) wants more flexibility, therefore, prefer to be independent at this stage.

Eclair

Medalist
joining the national team means you have more resources, however, you have to compromise with the national team's decision. An xiangyi and her team (family) wants more flexibility, therefore, prefer to be independent at this stage.

are only members of the national team allowed to represent china in international competition?
could for example xiangyi get a junior gp or is she not considered?

Krunchii

Record Breaker
are only members of the national team allowed to represent china in international competition?
could for example xiangyi get a junior gp or is she not considered?

An Xiangyi's birthday is in December 2006, she's too young for a Junior GP right now.