Polina Tsurskaya leaves Tutberidze | Golden Skate

Polina Tsurskaya leaves Tutberidze

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina lost 2 great teammates today, Zhenya and Polina. :( Hope it works out for Polina. She needs a new start. With Eteri the focus will be on Alina and those brilliant juniors doing quads and stuff. Polina probably thought she would get lost in the crowd. Maybe Med thought that too.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alina lost 2 great teammates today, Zhenya and Polina. :( Hope it works out for Polina. She needs a new start. With Eteri the focus will be on Alina and those brilliant juniors doing quads and stuff. Polina probably thought she would get lost in the crowd. Maybe Med thought that too.

Or they both can just be done dealing with Eteri and her attitude and are looking for a more positive/healthy environment :shrug:

andromache

Record Breaker
Did the entire situation regarding Polina's "genetic condition" that Eteri mentioned once and Polina and her family denied ever get cleared up?

charlotte14

Medalist
Now will people attack Med for leaving Eteri? Or just because it's Med she's a betrayer. :rolleye: I am much worried for Polina after reading the things they said. Hopefully it's not true. But good luck Polina!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This makes sense. Even with Evgenia at Orser it doesn't change the fact that the third spot will not go to an Eteri skater unless their hand truly gets forced. It'll be someone from CSKA very likely. Or perhaps St. PB. That's why Tsurskaya had to leave if she ever wants to actually have appearances at the world championships.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I guess we will soon hear about how Polina was lazy, hard to cooperate with and ungrateful in the end

tars

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I feel that Polina had the chance of her sporting life half year ago at SkateAmerica 2017. Just two weeks ago she'd made a great int'l debut, winning bronze medal with 210 points - had she repeated that performance, she would have advanced to GPF and become a real contender for Olympic spot at Nats. Was really rooting for her there... :scowl:
I wish her well, because she's amazing jumping specimen, but considering her physical problems and insane upcoming competition amongst Russian ladies, her future in the sport looks tough.

Azikin

Medalist
This makes sense. Even with Eteri at Orser it doesn't change the fact that the third spot will not go to an Eteri skater unless their hand truly gets forced. It'll be someone from CSKA very likely. Or perhaps St. PB. That's why Tsurskaya had to leave if she ever wants to actually have appearances at the world championships.

Exactly. This was expected. And next season it's also her best chance of getting to the Russian team.