You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 19 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
It was a nightmare!

I didn't just lose the montage, I lost all my skating videos when my portable hard drive got fried. I had like over 20gb of data lost :( Slowly rebuilding my library now but it will never be as complete. (The quality of youtube videos will never be as good)

You'd probably have to pay a fortune, but hard drives are very, very hard to completely destroy. You might be able to get some or even all of it back if you still have it and take it to someone who knows how.

daydreamangel

Rinkside
You'd probably have to pay a fortune, but hard drives are very, very hard to completely destroy. You might be able to get some or even all of it back if you still have it and take it to someone who knows how.

I have no idea where the hard drive is now :(. I just remember it made weird sounds (like it had physical damage) and when I opened the folders, there were error messages. I guess I thought it was too far gone to be saved at the time. Now, I kind of regret not taking it to someone.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When quite a few of the films you watched / taped over the Christmas period were chosen because you had seen figure skating programmes done to the music from them, and you wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

So far, I have watched / taped:

• "Burlesque" [taped]
  • "Guys And Dolls" [taped]
  • "Les Miserables" [taped]
  • "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" [taped]
  • "Sunshine On Leith" [watched]

I also watched / taped the following musicals, to see if there are any songs that would be suitable for skating to (there were plenty!):

• "The King And I" [watched]
  • "Oklahoma!" [watched]

And I am really kicking myself because I had heard that "The Greatest Showman" was being shown on Sky on Christmas Day, but I had assumed it would be on one of the Sky Movies channels (which cost an arm and a leg to receive). If I had realised that it was actually being shown on Sky 1 (which is in the package I get), I would definitely have watched it! :bang:

(The last time I watched Sky 1 must be over 20 years ago. So I had no idea that nowadays Sky shows films on there too. It's not a channel that I ever look near in the TV magazine).

Oh well! Maybe it will be shown on one of the "normal" channels during the year...

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
You ask to have your holidays during Worlds, also in case you are going to just watch the games on TV.

Time schedule in Japan is usually quite kind to us "early birds" in my Time zone.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Smiling to myself (and reminding my husband of it) upon hearing the background music during ABC's coverage of the Rose Parade on New Year's Day. The theme music is the same music that ABC used since the mid 1990's for all of their figure skating coverage. I also remember several Rose Parades when Terry Gannon co-hosted the coverage! :biggrin:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
When you see someone in a hoodie with a big "MK" and something underneath that you can't read, and you get all giddy thinking it must be MK blades because it doesn't look fancy enough to be Michael Kors. (It did turn out to be Michael Kors, though. :laugh:)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...you ironically want Monday to come faster because you’re super excited for Canadian Nationals and also the return of some of your favourite skaters (cheering from home with my flag up on the wall).

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
When you see someone in a hoodie with a big "MK" and something underneath that you can't read, and you get all giddy thinking it must be MK blades because it doesn't look fancy enough to be Michael Kors. (It did turn out to be Michael Kors, though. [emoji23])

Don’t diss Michael Kors! My first pair of stilettos were bright orange Michael Kors summer shoes. ;) I should find them, actually... they were fun shoes. And uncomfortable. But fun!

That being said, if I see MK on a skating forum, the only correct answer is Michelle Kwan.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
When you learn a few new moves in your lesson but spend most of your next freestyle session practicing the ones your favorite skater is known for and barely do the others at all.

Don’t diss Michael Kors! My first pair of stilettos were bright orange Michael Kors summer shoes. ;) I should find them, actually... they were fun shoes. And uncomfortable. But fun!

That being said, if I see MK on a skating forum, the only correct answer is Michelle Kwan.

I would be a giant hypocrite to diss Michael Kors. I just see his stuff all over (including in my closet :laugh:), but never see anything about skating outside the rink.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You pass by a skating rink and wish you had your skates with you

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Your vacation for a given year is to attend a skating event (that was the case for us in 1998 when US Nationals were in our hometown, Philadelphia, PA). Instead of going away on vacation that year, we spent as much time @ the championships as possible (I was teaching then, so my husband took his dad & aunt to the daytime events that I missed. I would have felt too guilty to take the time off back then). I think of it as a vacation without the hotel bills!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You prepare weeks ahead to record the next upcoming championship and you are angry when you realize it didn't record!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You try to tell your DVR to record the next upcoming championship, only to discover that it has already added the shows to its recording schedule. Clever DVR; it knows me so well!

rinkside_user

On the Ice
When you cherish videos of programmes where you clearly hear the blades scratching the ice and you find this otherwise headache-inducing sound awesome.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
When you hear Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" on the radio and it doesn't sound right because you've been listening to covers all season.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...it's a snow day and you're working from home but end up mainly watching figure skating videos instead (but also doing work in between ;)).

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Speaking of the weather, when you manage to stay upright when almost knocked over by a wind gust that would otherwise have blown you into (slow, thank God) oncoming traffic and think, "That was one Yuzuru Hanyu-level save."

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
When you describe your morning encounter with a sidewalk ice patch as a one foot axel, fulling rotated with excellent height and a slightly two footed landing.