You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 23 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
... when you hope really, really hard one of your students cancels their tutoring class so that you can watch the last group of ladies short at the WC, even if it means less money for you.

On a similar note, when you're glad an editing job fell through so you can watch all of the Pairs SP on the livestream...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you received national flags from 12 differen countries you have ordered, and still thought " maybe, I need more? "
Yay, I am heading Saitama now:yahoo:

Did you see my post about flags from a couple of weeks ago in the "Random Confessions" thread over in Le Café?

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...-Confessions&p=2353936&viewfull=1#post2353936

You definitely need more! :biggrin:

I like so many skaters from so many different countries that if I ever get to a big competition like this, I am going to need a separate suitcase just for the flags! :drama:

And that is one of the many things I like about figure skating fans. We do tend to spread our love and support across lots of skaters. And unlike with fans of other sports, it doesn't matter to us if they are the same nationality as we are or not. We love them all the same.

Have a great time at Worlds, lady_bee!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you see this on Ebay and think, now here is a stuffie I want to throw someone: https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-Ft-2M-...istmas-Gift-/372528257609?hash=item56bc6a1a49

That is really creepy seeing it unfilled. It is like one of those trophy pelts that hunters have. :eek:

So, the unfilled bear costs $50. How much on top of that would it cost for the stuffing to fill it? I would imagine that the total price would be at least $100.

And just being willing to pay that much for a gift shows that you are a figure skating fan! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is really creepy seeing it unfilled. It is like one of those trophy pelts that hunters have. :eek:

So, the unfilled bear costs $50. How much on top of that would it cost for the stuffing to fill it? I would imagine that the total price would be at least $100.

And just being willing to pay that much for a gift shows that you are a figure skating fan! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

And I would totally throw it to someone from one of the smaller Feds. It would be SO FUN.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
... explaining to people who only watch fs casually why Yuzu gets so many Pooh bears @ each competition!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When your hungry friend's stomach makes a really bizarre noise and you think that it sounds like it should be part of the music in a sci-fi-themed EX that a skater should be doing twizzles to. :laugh: It sounded "swirly", if that makes any sense.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
When you start saving up your paid vacation days so you can go to two skating events next season :peace:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You remember this post that I put up at the end of 2018:

When quite a few of the films you watched / taped over the Christmas period were chosen because you had seen figure skating programmes done to the music from them, and you wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

So far, I have watched / taped:

• "Burlesque" [taped]
  • "Guys And Dolls" [taped]
  • "Les Miserables" [taped]
  • "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" [taped]
  • "Sunshine On Leith" [watched]

I also watched / taped the following musicals, to see if there are any songs that would be suitable for skating to (there were plenty!):

• "The King And I" [watched]
  • "Oklahoma!" [watched]

Well, I suppose you could say that I did the same over Easter. To a certain extent anyway.

As I already posted this morning, I watched "High Society" on Monday. Although I already knew a couple of songs from it, I wanted to hear the others to see if there were any that were suitable for skating to.

And last night, I taped a film which has been the theme for a few skating routines that I have seen (not least by the new Mrs. Shulepova).

All I knew about "Suicide Squad" was that it was a spin-off from "Batman", and that Margot Robbie was in it. So, to get an idea of what it might be like, I decided to watch the trailer first.

Suffice to say, that was enough for me to change my mind about watching it! :eek:

I was not expecting it to be an action film. AT ALL! For goodness sake, it's a "Batman" spin-off! And "Batman" isn't an action film series. At least, it wasn't the last time I watched it. Then again, that was when Adam West was Batman and Burt Ward was Robin. So, things might have changed a bit since then...

Well, at least "High Society" was good. And so was the other film I watched that didn't have any figure skating connections ("Hop").

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You go to Walgreens on 70% off day to get more stuffies (and a few bags of Reese's eggs for yourself). I'm going to have a car full going to Nationals in 2020.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
When you start watching the seasons back in time on the treadmill and still feel jubilant enough to cheer when somebody landed their jump two years ago :yahoo:

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
When after the season is over, you keep making photos of sakura trees, buy a mug a scarf and an actual sakura tree, even though you have never liked pink. But you can't get the image out of your head of the beautiful K&C in Japan during the WC, as well all the pictures of the skaters in Japan under the blossoming sakura trees. So, my spring has been very pink because of that :)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
When you find yourself suggesting a few warhorses to your son’s piano teacher as possible recital piece :laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
... you buy another little Pooh Bear in advance of next year's World Championships (I threw one out on the ice @ 2016 Boston Worlds). We attended our closest SOI show (late April) in Hershey, PA. The day after we stopped @ the outlet stores, there. One of our "must stops" is The Disney Store. My husband suggested that I pick up a little Pooh bear for Yuzu, assuming he'll compete in Montreal next season. We do plan to attend those Worlds (thank goodness the tickets will finally go on sale later this week).

Amei

Record Breaker
When Google starts combining your watch history of Russian figure skating and your cat's hockey viewing (he likes to chase them on the screen) and you start getting Russian hockey scores. :laugh2:

I've been getting alerts on my phone about hockey scores, I recognized names like the Bruins and Sharks, but then I started getting alerts about these strange names, I just kept clearing the notifications and didn't think too much about it (didn't particularly care either) until I saw CSKA (recognized that name) and I realized what it was that I was getting.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You spend much of the day navigating a new Japanese TV streaming site and then much of the night watching then downloading an ice show you KNOW is going to be uploaded all over the place the next day..... {blinking sleepily}