Speaking of Walmart.... | Golden Skate

Speaking of Walmart....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This is from my husbands Safeway forum. I thought it was a good chuckle.

posted November 15, 2004 10:33 AM November 15, 2004 10:33 AM
Subject: Walmart is going to start selling wine.

Some WalMart customers soon will be able to sample a new discount item: WalMart's own brand of wine.

The world's largest retail chain is teeming up with E&J Gallo Winery of Modesto, CA to produce the spirits at affordable prices in the $2-5 range.

While wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle a WalMart brand wine into their shopping carts, there is a market for cheap wine, said Kathy Micken, Professor of Marketing at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I.

She said: "The right name is important."
So, here we go: The top 12 suggested names for WalMart Wine:

12. Big Red Gulp
11. White Trashfindel
10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. Grape Expectations
8. Domaine Wal-Mart "Merde du Pays"
7. NASCARbernet
6. Chef Boyardeaux
5. Peanut Noir
4. Chateau Des Moines
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. World Championship Riesling
And the #1 name for Wal-Mart Wine...
1. Nasti Spumante!!!

Note: The beauty of WalMart wine is it can be served with white meat (Possum) and red meat (Squirrel).

Author Unknown

IDLERACER

Medalist
The usual name for a $2.00 bottle of booze is Ripple. Remember when Fred Sanford used to put a dash of carbonated water in it and call it Champipple? :p

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I buy E J Gallo wines for cooking. Also use them in Sangrias in the summer and Mulled Wine in the winter.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
The usual name for a $2.00 bottle of booze is Ripple. Remember when Fred Sanford used to put a dash of carbonated water in it and call it Champipple? :p

Hey, have you tasted Charles Shaw wine, available at Trader Joe's? Its commonly known as "TWO BUCK CHUCK" and they can't stock enough of this stuff because it is actually SO GOOD that people buy it by the case!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I've drank a few bottles of Charles Shaw "Two Buck Chuck" wine from Trader Joe's. It 's actually pretty good.