can someone please tell me????

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: can someone please tell me????

There might be. Thank you for the pictures. They are funny! :lol:

L

Ladskater

Let's face it Russians don't generally "get" Rock and Roll. They should stick to the music they know.

Ladskater

PS - Their costumes are usually over the top - so nothing new here.

J

Jules Asner

Oksana Gritchuk and her Yvgeny Platov "got" rock n' roll and they're Russian.

P

Ptichka

Ladskater, what do you mean by "music they know"??? If you think Russians only listen to the Classical music -- believe me, you are very wrong. If anything, according to L&A, they always hated doing Classical programs and only did them to get good marks. R&R is what they really wanted to do all along.

As to the over the top costumes -- yes, I agree there.

I

IWannabeASkater

Hrmsk8ngnutt, it looks to me like Ilia's jacket contains all the letters from "Irina Lobacheva". That of course could be a complete coincidence, and since I don't know Russian, I don't know what else might be formed with the same letters.

Regarding their program, I thought it was performed well but I thought with all the tricks it would have been better suited for an exhibition than for their free dance. I didn't think the problem was their interpretation; rather, IMO, the music cuts were not the greatest, and neither were the costumes (but ice dance isn't really known for the best costumes anyway.)

I preferred their exhibition "Same Sun", personally. One thing that makes that program interesting is how he likes to throw her around LOL. There has to be a lot of trust in that marriage.

~ Jen

A

anastasiabeaverhoussen

free dance

I did not really like the free dance. It was Ok but like someone else stated it was similar to an exhibition. I also felt this way about the free dance of the American team with Naomi Lang.