Crazy predictions thread 2018-19 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Crazy predictions thread 2018-19

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Thanks Bill, I LOVE this prediction! There will always be 'doubters' who will end up only with egg on their face. Canadian women winning 50% of World podium placements the past 2 is a shocker for some, but expected by many who have long believed. Here's to 2018-19!

A medal of every colour was earned over two worlds that took place on European soil, no less.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:jaw:

:frown:
:angry2:
:curse:

as i said... a crazy prediction.. but when reading my ice dance china prediction... from like 14 months ago ..... i wonder if sometimes, skating gods just put things in my brain.... :eeking:

TGee

Record Breaker
Ok...I'm in...

Can't always be a voice of reason...4everchan has led me astray [emoji15]

In ice dance, all the leading Russian schools finally get the message that "IJS is different" after the Federation organizes a 'reflection' on areas of Russian skating success in the last quadrennial. Suddenly, all the ice dance teams are wildly successful... and Marina Zoueva (and canine companion) engage in silent teeth-knashing for not having returned to Moscow before the wave.

Skate Canada enlarges its secret ban on black streetwear belts on men's pants by insisting that illusion fabric be incorporated in 50% of men's costumes.

Gadbois team realizes that they have a shortage of Canadians and the time is now for Soussise and Firus, ensuring they podium at every ISU event they compete in this season.

Matthew Markell surprise junior champion in Canada earns a senior podium spot with the comment ..."how did this just happen" (again).

Keegan tries a 4Lz-4T combo "just for fun" and decides it's his signature move.

Stephen Gogolev has an adolescent music experience and moves from classical music and movie themes to head-banger music as his personal take on the Russian male rock music compulsion. Only Shae-Lynne Bourne can relate....

Russian male skaters from Russia will have a "won't wait my turn" new contender who moves away from the big schools and makes it big with one-on-one attention from a previously unheard of coach.

More comments and threads on GS will be given to the cheering on the upcoming American ladies than retrospectives and "what happened to?"

Fans and commentators will be so impressed with the high quality of judging under the updated IJS rules that judging and technical discussions will vanish.

Surely not as witty as many of you, but I am trying to stretch...[emoji51]

synteis

Medalist
1) To everyone's shock, Satoko is the first lady to land a quad in competition with a 4Lo. People wonder if she'd be the first to land a quint if she'd stuck to jumping the way that's easiest for her.

2) Jason Brown coaches himself and suddenly wins everything.

3) Yuzuru Hanyu wears a non-bedazzled, all black "practice" outfit as his LP costume.

4) The ISU realizes that they've made a terrible mistake with the new SOV and up the StSq and spin values.

5) The Russian ladies manage to get every spot in the GPF leading to the rules being changed for worlds to allow for more Russian and Japanese ladies to compete (but only Russian and Japanese).

6) Elladj Baldé choreographs every gold medal winning program in every discipline.

7) No one skates to Turandot, Carmen or POTO in any of the final groups.

8) Alena Leonova, Caro K, Yuna Kim and Mao Asado form a touring ice show called 'We Can Still Kick Your Butts.'

9) Deniss starts looking older while Lambiel starts looking mysteriously younger and eventually stages a come back.

10) Canada and the US support a counter proposal by Russia to lower the minimum age to 10 in an effort to get Gogolov and Liu onto the scene ASAP.

1) To everyone's shock, Satoko is the first lady to land a quad in competition with a 4Lo. People wonder if she'd be the first to land a quint if she'd stuck to jumping the way that's easiest for her.

8) Alena Leonova, Caro K, Yuna Kim and Mao Asada form a touring ice show called 'We Can Still Kick Your Butts.'

There is such a thing as too crazy.

They really, really can.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Let's go crazy everyone, the non crazy thread is neck and neck with us ;)

The following predictions have even less chance (probably <1%) of happening than my previous 5:

6. After moving to train in Quebec City, Wang/Liu have created a new style of ice dance with the help of Igor, Marie-France, and Patrice. They manage to just edge P/C for the win at the Cup of China. They go on to win the WC, becoming the first team to come from not making the free dance in the prior Olympics to winning the WGM the following year, becoming contenders for Beijing 2022.

7. Since Yuzuru Hanyu withdrew from TDF, causing mass refunds in ticket sales, and P/C taking second place at WC, Didier is overthrown by the FFSG members. Having been through the oppressive rule himself, Bruno Massot decides that he can lead the organization in a democratic and fair manner. He wins the election with a record margin.

8. Fiji TV takes it a step further and starts claiming copyright on NHK Trophy videos broadcasted by any networks on Youtube. After the outcry by fans and with NHK stepping in, ISU strips Fiji TV of its broadcasting rights of Worlds, giving them to another network. Fans can now freely browse for their favourite videos.

9. Evgenia and Vladimir finally get a good long program after moving to train with Trankov, choreographed by Tatiana Tarasova. They win Europeans but lose to S/H, S/K and only barely beat J/C. They decide to switch to Nikolai Morozov for the 2019-2020 season.

10. Tessa and Scott get invited to the gala for the GPF in Vancouver. They give a performance of their Moulin Rouge. However, instead of performing their final lift, Scott gets down on one knee on the words "until my dying day." Their fandom rejoices!

Grin

Medalist
Eteri and BOrsed decide to team up and marry. So Eteri becomes Eteri Orser from TCC-70.
She will be focused on training juniors, Brain will train them after 18.

Altie

On the Ice
Let's go crazy everyone, the non crazy thread is neck and neck with us ;)

The following predictions have even less chance (probably <1%) of happening than my previous 5:

6. After moving to train in Quebec City, Wang/Liu have created a new style of ice dance with the help of Igor, Marie-France, and Patrice. They manage to just edge P/C for the win at the Cup of China. They go on to win the WC, becoming the first team to come from not making the free dance in the prior Olympics to winning the WGM the following year, becoming contenders for Beijing 2022.

7. Since Yuzuru Hanyu withdrew from TDF, causing mass refunds in ticket sales, and P/C taking second place at WC, Didier is overthrown by the FFSG members. Having been through the oppressive rule himself, Bruno Massot decides that he can lead the organization in a democratic and fair manner. He wins the election with a record margin.

8. Fiji TV takes it a step further and starts claiming copyright on NHK Trophy videos broadcasted by any networks on Youtube. After the outcry by fans and with NHK stepping in, ISU strips Fiji TV of its broadcasting rights of Worlds, giving them to another network. Fans can now freely browse for their favourite videos.

9. Evgenia and Vladimir finally get a good long program after moving to train with Trankov, choreographed by Tatiana Tarasova. They win Europeans but lose to S/H, S/K and only barely beat J/C. They decide to switch to Nikolai Morozov for the 2019-2020 season.

10. Tessa and Scott get invited to the gala for the GPF in Vancouver. They give a performance of their Moulin Rouge. However, instead of performing their final lift, Scott gets down on one knee on the words "until my dying day." Their fandom rejoices!

If only #7 could be true... !

moriel

Record Breaker
hmmmm ISU, instead of increasing the senior age to 17, will decrease it to 13.
Trusova will learn all 4 quads and a 3A offseason, and beat Yuzuru's highest score across both programs.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Eteri and BOrsed decide to team up and marry. So Eteri becomes Eteri Orser from TCC-70.

Uhm... so Orser decides he's not gay anymore I guess? :laugh:

Okay I will have a go at this, I love making stuff up :biggrin:

1. Alina cannot get her jumps back after her sudden growth spurt and does not win anything next season (so Eteri doesn't get any senior medals), then retires after another year of struggle aka 2nd Lipnistkaya :(

2. Satton gets super strong, her jumps improve and she gets on every podium.

3. Medvedeva struggles a lot, falls on every single lutz but manages to get on some podiums, she is visibly determined to win in Beijing.

4. Osmond defends her World Title.

5. Higuchi defends her Silver at Worlds.

5. Savchenko is bored as hell and pesters Bruno to come back, he agrees and they win everything next season :biggrin:

6. Duhamel is even more bored than Aljona, she tries to compete in singles and manages to win 3rd at Nats!

7. Wenjing's ankles miraculously heal :pray:

8. Yuzuru decides he needs another ultimate goal so 3rd Olympic consecutive gold and 4A seems like reasonable targets to him, he starts to work towards this. He goes back to old patterns - loses SC and 4CC and wins NHK, GPF and Worlds again :laugh:

9. Javi gets bored with his everyday life and comes back for "one more season" :biggrin: he wins silver at Worlds and GPF ^^

10. Virtue and Moir decide shows are not enough and there's no reason to retire since they are the best, they come back and win everything.

11. Papadakis and Cizeron are mad that VM are back, Gui goes on a instagram rant about how they can't win anything and VM are to old to compete, then decides to file a complaint to ISU and pesters them to establish an age limit in ID :laugh:

12. Nathan doesn't win anything and goes Polina Edmunds.2 and leaves FS for collage after having a poor season.

13. Boyang Jin unveils his giant potential under Orser, wins bronze at Worlds and GPF and gold at 4CC again :love:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I read this as Evgenia and BOrser get married and I got very concerned :slink: :biggrin:

Diana Davis is upset at having a stepfather and secretly switches to pairs with Stephen Gogolev. They win everything on the JGP.

moriel

Record Breaker
I read this as Evgenia and BOrser get married and I got very concerned :slink: :biggrin:

Diana Davis is upset at having a stepfather and secretly switches to pairs with Stephen Gogolev. They win everything on the JGP.

Hmmm even better.
BOrser and Eteri get married. BOrser start spending more time coaching ladies, Yuzuru is jealous. Medvedeva is uncomfortable because Eteri is still around. SO Yuzu and Zhenya secretly switch to pairs and win everything on senior level. Heck, they could even get married and adopt Diana and Stephen.

Lol we could write a whole fanfiction story here.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

:laugh2: now this is what i call crazy talks ;) bring them on!

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Instead of raising the age minimum to 17 the isu lowers it to 13, Russian juniors sweep every podium, somehow including other countries nationals. All other skaters shamefully retire. The isu changes its name to the Russian Skating Union. It becomes illegal to compete for any other country.