2018-2019 US Ice Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 US Ice Dance

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I probably missed this but is there news about the Shib sibs? ARe they finished? Returning and when?
They’re not on the USFSA selection pool list for next season and have made no obvious moves to compete next year, but no official announcement either way.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could see the Shibs returning for the season after next, if they wanted to give the Olympics another go.

They had better not sit out for to long or it will be harder to be competitive if they ever do come back. They are not V/M who were for a five year cycle in 2009-14 were one of the two best teams in the world plus they didn't have near the competition at home when they made their comeback to have to fight to make another Olympic team unlike what the Shibs might face. Add in the fact that their competition nationally and internationally are continuing to improve and they may not want to stay on the sidelines much longer.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could see the Shibs returning for the season after next, if they wanted to give the Olympics another go.

As much as I like, enjoy and respect the Shibs, I think they should move on. I think they are unlikely to improve upon or maybe not even equal another bronze medal. Of course, if they choose to continue for sheer enjoyment, that would be fine. They have a lot of competition for the US World team.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hmmm … FWIW, Jeffrey Chen was in an off-ice dance class today with quite a few from Team Novi.

Yura Min and Daniel Tsarik both tagged him on Instastories showing the three performing a group dance.

On Vadym's Instastory, Jeffrey also is visible in a different group exercise with other Novi faces.

:popcorn:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Who do you all think is the best fit for Michael Parsons? He must be "hot property" now. But he needs the right partner to claw his way up the ranks. And it will be really hard for him after skating with his sister for so long.

oly2018

Final Flight
Who do you all think is the best fit for Michael Parsons? He must be "hot property" now. But he needs the right partner to claw his way up the ranks. And it will be really hard for him after skating with his sister for so long.

I am not sure. I get the impression that Rachel's decision to hang up her skates was made recently, so I wonder if Michael is taking his time to search. What will be interesting is whether or not he looks within his current camp or elsewhere. I don't know who else is at WISA that could partner with him.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am not sure. I get the impression that Rachel's decision to hang up her skates was made recently, so I wonder if Michael is taking his time to search. What will be interesting is whether or not he looks within his current camp or elsewhere. I don't know who else is at WISA that could partner with him.

Ian Somerville dumped Eliana Gropman recently, so if she chooses to continue, she's an option from WISA. She's shorter than Rachel.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Manta/Johnson are retiring from competitive skating to do Cirque du Soleil (together)

https://twitter.com/JoeJohnsonIce/status/1119043371652091904

I almost couldn’t believe this when I first saw it on IG. :eek:

But it makes sense. As much as I like to watch them, they were never going to crack the top four or five of US ice dance teams. They now have a chance to actually make money from skating and reach a wider audience. And they are going out on the high point of this year’s Nats. :clap:

Best of luck, Karina and Joe!

oly2018

Final Flight
Ian Somerville dumped Eliana Gropman recently, so if she chooses to continue, she's an option from WISA. She's shorter than Rachel.

Yeah, I think someone on here mentioned Eliana as an option, but I think she may be too young for now. That's just me though.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Hmmm … FWIW, Jeffrey Chen was in an off-ice dance class today with quite a few from Team Novi.

Yura Min and Daniel Tsarik both tagged him on Instastories showing the three performing a group dance.

On Vadym's Instastory, Jeffrey also is visible in a different group exercise with other Novi faces.

:popcorn:

Is Katarina Wolfkostin or Alina Efimova in it? He removed himself from IPS a while ago.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think someone on here mentioned Eliana as an option, but I think she may be too young for now. That's just me though.

There's a bit of an age gap, but she's 18 so she's certainly old enough to be competing seniors.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is Katarina Wolfkostin or Alina Efimova in it? He removed himself from IPS a while ago.

Three females are in Vadym's Instastory, along with three males (Vadym, Jeffrey, Jimmy Wang).
The females are harder to see/recognize. Two in the front row, and one in the back row.

Pretty sure that Avonley is in the front row. It's possible(??) that Katarina [ETA (on Apr 20): Wolfkostin] also is in the front row, although I am not at all sure.
Cannot tell who the female in the back row is.
ETA (on Apr 20):
The camera was shooting from the side of the group, and the females happened to be at a distance/angle that made it harder to discern their faces.​
Alina is on vacation elsewhere with her family.

(Meanwhile, I really hope that Howard Zhao will continue skating with a new partner. :pray:)

I will miss Karina and Joe. :sad4:

But very excited for them to have the new opportunity with Cirque. :cool:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Three females are in Vadym's Instastory, along with three males (Vadym, Jeffrey, Jimmy Wang).
The females are harder to see/recognize. Two in the front row, and one in the back row.

Pretty sure that Avonley is in the front row. It's possible(??) that Katarina also is in the front row, although I am not at all sure.
Cannot tell who the female in the back row is.
Alina is on vacation elsewhere with her family.

Gracias.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I almost couldn’t believe this when I first saw it on IG. :eek:

But it makes sense. As much as I like to watch them, they were never going to crack the top four or five of US ice dance teams. They now have a chance to actually make money from skating and reach a wider audience. And they are going out on the high point of this year’s Nats. :clap:

Best of luck, Karina and Joe!

They certainly ended on a high note. Their USNats free skate was a sensation. I think they're pretty wise to move on with that.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I heard that Chen is with Katarina. :confused:

I assume you mean Katerina Wolfkostin since she was already training with Igor. But Katerina Delcamp is also a junior level female skater who split with her partner this season and may be available/paired with someone new, so it would be best if we could use last names for clarity's sake.