Football/Soccer WC 2018 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer WC 2018

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I've only listened to the live feed from Russia vs Saudi Arabia match yesterday, but good for hosts to enter the tournament with huge score and it bodes well for them to advance.

For me, today one match will be watched at work, second will be listened on my way home and the third will be watched on laptop :):):). I predict a win for Uruguay (1:3), a win for Iran (0:2) and hope for an exciting match between Spain and Portugal (I believe in Spain, they can make it work, this whole sacking manager situation for their benefit).

EDIT - and it's Mohammed Salah's birthday today!!!:hb::cheer:, only the best for him, hope he'll make it memorable today, celebrating by scoring a goal or two:):):):):)

Sallah is not playing today, at least in the first half of the match. But I really hope he enters in the second half.

As for us, I hope we finally break our 1970's curse. We have never won our debut match since then

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sallah is not playing today, at least in the first half of the match. But I really hope he enters in the second half.

As for us, I hope we finally break our 1970's curse. We have never won our debut match since then

I think he'll enter in 2nd half, if only for birthday sake for last 10 mins:):):)

Uruguay has all the goods for me, there is an experience in this team and they did pretty well in qualifiers. Rodrigo Betancur is considered as the one to watch from young players (age 20, like my younger sister, all these 20 or under players really make me feel old lol) and I enjoyed him in Juventus. It will be 98th national cap for Muslera and 99th for Suarez :)

Spinning

On the Ice

I glad they don't let him start. He is madddddd. Lol. But his shoulder still not well.

Just read a very good interview with Diego Godin that shed some light on Suarez and Uruguay's football culture in general. It makes sense why he is who he is in a way. I don't have to like him but more understandable I guess.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/15/uruguay-diego-godin-luis-suarez-world-cup

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Here I am, 2.12 pm at work, stream hunted, phone popped behind screen and sneak-watching commenced :popcorn::laugh:

#productivityislost

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Mo did not play, and Egypt lost :( But I'm not much sad, becuase the one who scored plays for Atleti :hap10:

Happy Birthday, Mo! I wish you were in disposition good enough to play the next match! :hb:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
So, I traditionally cheer for Costa Rica! :hap10: (I cheer for them ever since they've lost to Poland in 2006)

But since Poland actually qualified as well after some time, I feel obligated to cheer for them too. As for the teams who have better chances to win anything, I cheer for Croatia. And for Egypt to eliminate Spain, because Mo Salah is the Pharaoh of Football :)

ETA: I loved Diego Forlan too! And I wasn't even such a big fan of Atletico Madrid yet :)

Me too. Costa Rica is my sentimental favorite. Made 4-finals in 2014(lost to Netherlands there) Interesting democratic nation with no army and a climate conscience. (Also had their first women’s football team at worlds 2015, not making the finals though).

Who wins gold… no idea. Brazil, Germany are the faves, right? What about Spain, Belgium, Uruguay? Have to watch the teams’ current form before betting. I hope Spain-Portugal will show me something.

Ronaldo being sued to pay 19 million euros(tax fraud) and probably play his game as nothing happened :dbana:

Great to have this entertainment for a month!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
OMG Iran scored in over time against Marocko... free kick, own goal :palmf: 3 points for Iran!

Spinning

On the Ice
Mo did not play, and Egypt lost :( But I'm not much sad, becuase the one who scored plays for Atleti :hap10:

Happy Birthday, Mo! I wish you were in disposition good enough to play the next match! :hb:

I'm selfish so I think it is good he didn't play. :biggrin: Safe himself for the next two crucial games is better in a long run. @cathlen December will be harsh for LFC (United, AFC, NCFC and City on the 1st of Jan.:palmf:)

Egypt did better than expected. The last minutes goal was a bit cruel. All in all Uruguay deserved that goal. Kudos to both teams for a good match!

Morocco just lost at the last minutes too. Iran first winning!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Me too. Costa Rica is my sentimental favorite. Made 4-finals in 2014(lost to Netherlands there) Interesting democratic nation with no army and a climate conscience. (Also had their first women’s football team at worlds 2015, not making the finals though).

Who wins gold… no idea. Brazil, Germany are the faves, right? What about Spain, Belgium, Uruguay? Have to watch the teams’ current form before betting. I hope Spain-Portugal will show me something.

Ronaldo being sued to pay 19 million euros(tax fraud) and probably play his game as nothing happened :dbana:

Great to have this entertainment for a month!

Yay, I'm not the only one cheering fro Costa Rica! :yay: Everyone underestimated them 4 years ago, and they advanced from the group of death!

OMG Iran scored in over time against Marocko... free kick, own goal :palmf: 3 points for Iran!

I predicted that result! Though UI did not expect an own goal.

I'm selfish so I think it is good he didn't play. :biggrin: Safe himself for the next two crucial games is better in a long run. @cathlen December will be harsh for LFC (United, AFC, NCFC and City on the 1st of Jan.:palmf:)

Egypt did better than expected. The last minutes goal was a bit cruel. All in all Uruguay deserved that goal. Kudos to both teams for a good match!

Morocco just lost at the last minutes too. Iran first winning!

Agree, it's probably better Mo did not play. Egypt almost got draw without him. Still want to do something bad to Ramos for injurig him, though.

I do not think of December yet! :drama: I mean, I'd never would have thought Atleti may have trouble to advance to knock-out stage in CL last season, and they ended up in EL. Which they won quite easily, but well, theye really well above the level of other teams. I try not to jinx Liverpool for the same.

Tonight is one of the most exciting matches of all group stage. It will be ugly though. It is almost everytime Portugal plays. I want to see if Ramos will be as brutal to Cristiano as he is to other players. He's the one to stop for sure.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ok, I am recovered from the stressful match. OMG, Tabárez, let Torreira play! And finally Giménez broke the curse.

What I have to say, KUDOS to the egyptian goalkeeper, he is really good.

:hap10:Soy Celeste, celeste soy yo:hap10:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Are you out of class or did you see Costa again goaling? 2-2 now!!!!

I love this game... now 2-3 and 30 minutes left.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
WHAT. A. MATCH
:drama:
I mean there was everything. I salute Spain for the spirit, but that fluke foul from Pique... On the other side, if only De Gea caught that second goal for Portugal... It could be a win for Spain. As predicted, tax evasion or any penalty from that does not bother Ronaldo, good for Portugal...

Cheer for Diego Costa:cheer:

s_parks

Record Breaker
A hat trick and you still don't win...what a match. Hats off to both teams. De Gea for the NT though, lmao.