Football/Soccer WC 2018 | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer WC 2018

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Nice having this for a month when nothing much happened on the ice.

Congratulations to France, Croatia and Belgium!

Thanks to all posters and teams for the entertainment :thank:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
So this was the last 32-participants World Cup, as Qatar will have 48; and it will be held in November-Dicember!

Also, rooting for Argentina-Uruguay-Paraguay hosting 2030 World Cup

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
So this was the last 32-participants World Cup, as Qatar will have 48; and it will be held in November-Dicember!

Qatar says that will be unique WC because the fans can see not only one match/day because the stadiums will be very close to each other.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Qatar says that will be unique WC because the fans can see not only one match/day because the stadiums will be very close to each other.

Yeah, it surely will be. It's around Christmas time (no street parties and barbies for some of the main participating nations), in a country that clamps down on alcohol and isn't particularly known for its gender equality or treatment of those poor souls that need to build the facilities. Can't wait. :laugh:

Russia showed the world how you unite fans and have a huge big party without any nasty incidents. So well done!!!! Thank you, Russia :ghug:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

Personally very sceptic about Qatar. :(

THIS. This. This.

This would be swell. I heard from my Russkie friends LatAm fans made a huge impression on Russian public during this WC. Especially: Argetinains with their almost militaristic chants, festive pre-game marches in metro and to the stadiums and organized passioned fans, Mexicans with their folk music (mariachi), street singing and of course sombreros, and Brazilians with their always-ready-to-nonstop-party vibe, colorful mischeviousness and snarky noisyness.

A lot of my Russian pals are saying: dang, screw the Qatar-2022, let's go to England next and then to LatAm. I humbly agree. With all the respect to Qatar and to Arab culture... But no. Just no. It just won't be the same. They promising to liberalize laws, but only inside the stadiums and special dedicated fan zones. It's basically will be a fenced glorified fan zoo, where you can do anything, but at the exit you taking the taxi and going to hotel quietly. For this one can simply got to Vegas. They mostly targeting rich people in Qatar, who will come for luxury atmosphere, expensive champagne and VIP treatment, the rest of simple peasants - colorful and noisy fans who actually create the atmosphere - can simply get localized and limited inside the fenced zone.