2020-2021 ISU Events | Golden Skate

2020-2021 ISU Events

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Worlds at Stockholm? Hmm, essentially free travel and no need to stay at a hotel or anything... Especially if some of my favorites would be there, might be worth a visit.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Worlds at Stockholm? Hmm, essentially free travel and no need to stay at a hotel or anything... Especially if some of my favorites would be there, might be worth a visit.

And 4A will be senior, so one of your favorites will hopefully be on the team :)

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Yes! In 2021 I will be after graduation, I will be able to take a day off and bless cheap European airlines! :laugh:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
When I saw that Rotterdam wasn’t trying to get 2021, I was rooting for Stockholm. Not the cheapest place on earth, but at least it’s much closer than Japan and Canada, and no return trip to Milan (which was good, but I rather visit another country and city).
Yay, I guess.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This time I'm going, no matter what. Still miffed about Rotterdam, though. *grmbl*

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Meh, I wish they were in Italy again because honestly traveling to Stockholm will be quite expensive... I'll try my best though :D

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Always nice to see Worlds taking place in a country that will have little or no impact on the judging. Wish I could go!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Meh, I wish they were in Italy again because honestly traveling to Stockholm will be quite expensive... I'll try my best though :D
Oh... I think your travel costs may well be the cheapest part of the trip, unfortunately.

NaVi

Medalist
Has the 2019 Grand Prix Final been allocated yet? I thought I read that it was going to France again but I can't find anything googling.

Personally, I'd like to see the GPF be a North American event every year while having Worlds alternate between Europe and Asia(with pre-Olympic Worlds always at a less competitive country... like Sweden currently).

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Yeah!

I'm happy! I was hoping for it! At least we hope to book a proper hotel/appartment close to the venue! We had a great appartment in Milano, but the travel by tram and metro was more than an hour and exhausting. As we were having a cold halfway the worlds, we took a way too expensive taxi on Saturday and Sunday as we were too tired to go by public transport. So let's hope we can book a room pretty soon in advance. And now hoping on a good health in 2021.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
At least we hope to book a proper hotel/appartment close to the venue!
You can bet that Worlds will be held at the Ericsson Globe or at Hovet. Either way, there is a direction connection from the main train station to the area where both arenas are, takes about 15 minutes, so, really, you can get a place to stay anywhere in the city if it's not too far from the train station or another stop along that line (and that's not counting other transportation like buses etc). Should be very easy. :thumbsup:
Also, there's a shopping center right next door. Hurah (yeah, this make me happy)

mrsaybia

Rinkside
You can bet that Worlds will be held at the Ericsson Globe or at Hovet. Either way, there is a direction connection from the main train station to the area where both arenas are, takes about 15 minutes, so, really, you can get a place to stay anywhere in the city if it's not too far from the train station or another stop along that line (and that's not counting other transportation like buses etc). Should be very easy. :thumbsup:
Also, there's a shopping center right next door. Hurah (yeah, this make me happy)

Yes, the Ericsson for sure. ;) Have you been to the European Championship in 2015? Now we know the venue at least. In Milano I found out too late, but the apartment was already booked. So we'll not make that mistake again. Scandinavia is great to visit and Stockholm is on our list. Shopping is great, haha. In Milano we had too little time, but we'll make time for it in Stockholm. That's for sure!

aless

Rinkside
guess I'll be going on a holiday to Stockholm in 2021 huh! I'm so happy to be able to go again after 2019 and 2020 being a bit far for me :clap:

mrsaybia

Rinkside
What is it with lots of hotelrooms in Stockholm? A lot of them don't have a window. ;) Just curious how the offer of hotels there were. Plenty near the metro. So much easier than Milano it seems. Now some years of waiting and then we can book a room.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I'm so happy to see that Stockholm got Worlds. It will be held at the Ericsson Globe arena which is close to the inner city and very easy to get to by public transport.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why didn't they announce Melbourne for 4CC yet?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Time to start saving money, whoop:cheer::laugh::cheer:

After Milan experience this year, I'm focused on saving and attending as much FS events as possible for my wallet:).