Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

frallik

Match Penalty
And grandma has mysterious powers to place a homecooked meal in front of you in under 20 minutes no matter when you pop in unexpectedly. . .The better to encourage you to avoid temptation elsewhere. . .

You're absolutely right. We can only wonder when we did not come she is always ready - siberian dumplings in 10 minutes!!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

icybear

Medalist
Jason Brown might as well change his instagram account name into "Evgenia Medvedeva fan account update".:biggrin:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And to stay on topic, no one can complain that we don't have news of Zhenya in Toronto. :biggrin:

It might even be time for the moderators to consider adding Jason's name to the topic title (and Boyang's when he arrives). Then we'll have one main thread for the three musketeers training and exploring Toronto together.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It might even be time for the moderators to consider adding Jason's name to the topic title (and Boyang's when he arrives). Then we'll have one main thread for the three musketeers training and exploring Toronto together.

Good idea - should it be a thread just for newcomers to the Cricket Club though, or for everyone? Maybe everyone?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Canada Day weekend is next week! Will we be lucky enough to see them all celebrating: Evgenia, Jason, Yuzuru, Gabby, and Boyang?

Canada Day weekend is next week! Will we be lucky enough to see them all celebrating: Evgenia, Jason, Yuzuru, Gabby, and Boyang?

Tomorrow is the joint Canada/U.S.A. fireworks show for Detroit/Winsor. Come one, come all! (I don't know why it is so early this year, instead of closer to the two holidays, July 1 and July 4). :)

LucyH

On the Ice

Perhaps but I think she is Japan for DOI July 6-8 so to get acclimated I would think that she would be flying there next weekend or maybe July 2nd...

TGee

Record Breaker
Perhaps but I think she is Japan for DOI July 6-8 so to get acclimated I would think that she would be flying there next weekend or maybe July 2nd...
Hopefully Zhenya will be able to enjoy the fireworks on the evening of July 1st before flying out.

Fortunately, there are a number of nonstop flight options from Toronto to Tokyo -- it takes about 13 hours depending on the airline, but one crosses the dateline.

So, leaving midday on the 2nd, she'd arrive in Tokyo midday on the 3rd and still have time to recover from jet lag and attend a practice session.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
On a side note, is it safe to say that with their bus tour and visit to the CN tower Jason and Zhenya have officially seen more of Toronto in one week than Yuzu has in 6 years? 😂

TGee

Record Breaker
On a side note, is it safe to say that with their bus tour and visit to the CN tower Jason and Zhenya have officially seen more of Toronto in one week than Yuzu has in 6 years? [emoji23]
Uhm, from what Brian has said, Yuzu does get around, and has even taken some courses on the side, but security is an issue.

So, it seems more that Yuzu's not posting in a way that shows his movements.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Uhm, from what Brian has said, Yuzu does get around, and has even taken some courses on the side, but security is an issue.

And I'm wondering if Jason and Evgenia are giving out too much information. Maybe it's OK to show where they've been, but they shouldn't really post where they're going to be.

blue_ice

On the Ice
And I'm wondering if Jason and Evgenia are giving out too much information. Maybe it's OK to show where they've been, but they shouldn't really post where they're going to be.

I canada no one cares about FS. Only hockey. No one even will recognize them.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Probably not if they just show up in random places, and people would probably not bug them if they did recognize them. I'm more worried about dedicated fans or non-fans seeking them out if they publish their plans.

Haleth

On the Ice
Probably not if they just show up in random places, and people would probably not bug them if they did recognize them. I'm more worried about dedicated fans or non-fans seeking them out if they publish their plans.

I think they'd be fine. Toronto handles major and minor celebrities all the time (most especially during TIFF) and people tend to not bother them when they are looking busy. etc. Despite the bad weather yesterday tons of people were out for Pride and other events and I could have passed Evgenia and Jason w/o noticing in many places. Moreover, I doubt we are seeing things that just happened; I'd be more concerned if they were doing a "live segment" outside the TCC, especially around the time of ACI, when one might expect more passionate fs fans in the GTA. It's possible TCC folks know through experience when fans are liable to hang around the TCC (ACI, media days?) and can advise their more famous skaters if they need to drive rather than walk to the club (if they even are within walking distance because I certainly don't know).

TGee

Record Breaker
That's harsh...and doesn't reflect my extended family spread over 5 provinces...

But what is important to keep in mind is that there are all kinds of celebrities moving around Toronto given its significance in TV and movie making...

Or even music...

So as compared to Drake or Shawn Mendes, or even the cast of the latest Star Trek, a couple of skaters out of costume are not likely to turn heads...

IceBallerina

On the Ice

Yuzuru can't go anywhere without security, and he doesn't have any social media anyways. I think Evgenia and Jason are fine, and I think they post after they have went somewhere.

sun110

Final Flight

I remember read somewhere Brian said he had to give Yuzu a ride a few times because of stalkers. :shrug: