Boot Suggestions? | Golden Skate

Boot Suggestions?

figuresk8rr

Spectator
Hello:) I am a figure skater skating in the Zero Gravity SP Teri boots. Unfortunately, they no longer work for me and break down too fast. In less then 9 months, they were broken down. I’ve loved the style of this boot, the light weight and the lower cut back, for quite a while and I was wonder what boots would be of a similar style, but stiffer. I’m going to a skate shop but I just was wondering what boots have similar styles. The brand doesn’t have to be SP Teri

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It's really going to depend on what fits your foot because some brands don't even fit some of us properly and comfortably. Once you establish that, then you have to look at where you are now with goals and how soon those are going to be changing etc. to decide on what stiffness you need. You currently skate in a boot that is rated for doubles/triples.

Because they are breaking down so quickly, you probably need something a tiny bit stiffer rated.

Silver Ice

On the Ice
Hello:) I am a figure skater skating in the Zero Gravity SP Teri boots. Unfortunately, they no longer work for me and break down too fast. In less then 9 months, they were broken down. I’ve loved the style of this boot, the light weight and the lower cut back, for quite a while and I was wonder what boots would be of a similar style, but stiffer. I’m going to a skate shop but I just was wondering what boots have similar styles. The brand doesn’t have to be SP Teri

Have you looked into making an adjustment on that style that increases the stiffness?

vlaurend

Final Flight
If you aren't having problems with the SP Teri fit and you don't mind a boot that's a little heavier, get the SP Teri KT2. The flex notch in the ankle area helps you break them in, but they are stiff in the sides and do not break down quickly.

Remember that whenever you change brands, you risk fit issues, even when the boots *feel* like they fit OK when you just try them on in the shop. When you mount the blades and actually skate in them, you sometimes discover that they don't fit as well as you thought and then you're out a whole lot of $$.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Have you looked into making an adjustment on that style that increases the stiffness?

This is the first step. If you otherwise love your boots, but need something stiffer, ask SP-Teri whether they can provide you with the same model, but with a higher stiffness. I know that Jackson does for some of their higher-end boots. Even within the same manufacturer's line, there can be changes in fit from one model to another (some changes may not bother you, others may bug you; you never know).