Two Olympic Judges suspended by ISU | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Two Olympic Judges suspended by ISU

Kara

Final Flight
Get me off of this off season ride.:drama: We better see some suspending of the big fed judges when they're clearly out of line too or else this reeks of ISU trying to look like they're addressing the issue by kicking small Feds to the curb though I do agree with the decision on these 2 judges.

Suze

Rinkside
I’m glad ISU is starting to crack down on suspicious judging but it DOES feel like China has been singled out where other unfair and biased judging has been allowed to slide by. This all smells of something more rotten behind the scenes.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am all for cracking down on blatant biased judging but how about looking at some big Feds too ISU? The US judge is also a disgrace and should be looked at but of course that is never going to happen

Do we know that they aren’t looking at them. Did we know the Chinese judges were in trouble before today?

I’m glad they are analyzing these marks publicly honestly. These are pretty poor examples of judging but if they start with the worst marks and slowly rein in wild obvious bias it can really help in the long term. I still think the judges should get scored and placed at events based on their marks. At least we know they are acknowledging numbers now...I was beginning to think they were on a coffee break :)

charlotte14

Medalist
Do we know that they aren’t looking at them. Did we know the Chinese judges were in trouble before today?

I’m glad they are analyzing these marks publicly honestly. These are pretty poor examples of judging but if they start with the worst marks and slowly rein in wild obvious bias it can really help in the long term. I still think the judges should get scored and placed at events based on their marks. At least we know they are acknowledging numbers now...I was beginning to think they were on a coffee break :)
Maybe ISU was telling the other judges to be careful with their biased scores but only the Chinese judges get punished. Why the American and Spanish judges get nothing from this?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Andrea82

Medalist

)

yes, at the Congress they showed a slide with all cases dealt by Disciplinary Commission and Huang and Chen were mentioned as "decision pending". No other judges were listed apart from those already suspended earlier this year because of Golden Spin Ice Dance mess.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yes, at the Congress they showed a slide with all cases dealt by Disciplinary Commission and Huang and Chen were mentioned as "decision pending". No other judges were listed apart from those already suspended earlier this year because of Golden Spin Ice Dance mess.

Thank you...that’s unfortunate. #HopeCrusher

Kara

Final Flight
Others may have got a warning though. Warnings after assessment aren't published

Didn't Yelim get listed on the slide for "doping" even if she didn't and was just given a warning for missing a doping test (and later testing negative) after her first JGP event?:/ Seems like double standard or showing that they didn't get a warning at all.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Maybe ISU was telling the other judges to be careful with their biased scores but only the Chinese judges get punished. Why the American and Spanish judges get nothing from this?

They should have got suspended too, so ISU actions continue to be incompetent and inconsistent; works nothing that they take action against some and not all...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^ Maybe because it was particularly egregious/obvious with the Chinese judge.

At least this is some punishment but this judge should have been banned for life from judging the Olympics/Worlds. The ISU is so soft - and they need to shame/fear judges into doing their job, if that's what it takes.

libecha

Rinkside
The French pairs judge on the free skate scored S/M only 0.1 higher than S/H and 0.4 higher than D/R, which is completely unsupportable by anyone with eyes and totally out of line with other judges and looks to me like FFSG vindictiveness against Massot for leaving. But since it wasn’t done to boost J/C and Didier obviously has a hold on someone, it is conveniently overlooked. Not that the Chinese shouldn’t be punished for this, but it’s quite selective and inconsistent, like everything else the ISU does.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
^ Maybe because it was particularly egregious/obvious with the Chinese judge.

At least this is some punishment but this judge should have been banned for life from judging the Olympics/Worlds. The ISU is so soft - and they need to shame/fear judges into doing their job, if that's what it takes.

You start small, they should punished them, if we fan can see it, they should punished.

And also I do think top members of a federation shouldn´t be judging at all

synteis

Medalist
I am all for cracking down on blatant biased judging but how about looking at some big Feds too ISU? The US judge is also a disgrace and should be looked at but of course that is never going to happen

Yes exactly. (I think it was cohen-esque; correction: ) Shanshani prepared this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dWXMpUDDb7oobbW7lzaL4Zc_4/edit#gid=2034787111 and you can see just how bad the US judge in the men's event. All three should have been disciplined.

synteis

Medalist
The pairs judge in particular clearly only did what everyone else does for their country, you can see that they only over score the Chinese skaters and underscore their competition within the usual bracket of 75% deviation from the mean.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Well finally! Maybe now the juggernaut that is Chinese domination in figure skating will end... Oh wait.