Skaters' houses | Golden Skate

Skaters' houses

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Scott Hamilton has 6 bedrooms but only 5 full baths, so some bedrooms don't have ensuite baths, and Michelle Kwan's house only has 4 bedrooms, so I guess I'll have to keep my $4 million in my purse for another day. Dang!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dang, we even subscribe to The Week and missed Michelle's house:shocked:

But I like Scott's grounds better....where was that spare $3 mil I had lying around????:scratch3:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

"451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons
Sorry, this content is not available in your region."

:jaw:

Since when did newspaper websites start getting geo-blocked?! :mad:

It's not just the classifieds that are inaccessible - it's the whole website! :shocked:

Such a shame. Seeing this thread got me curious to know what his place is like.

Is there a direct link to the estate agent's listing?

Got 4.4 million? You can buy Michelle Kwan's digs. (scroll down.)

http://theweek.com/articles/777276/6-beautiful-homes-italian-influences

Thankfully, this magazine doesn't geo-block it's website. And so I was able to click through to the estate agent's listing.

Not really my taste. It's a bit too big for me. Plus, there's far much white for my liking - imagine the hard work trying to keep it all clean and spotless! :drama:

Love the setting with all the trees, though.

CaroLiza_fan

Ross74

Medalist
Scott's house is soooo traditional. It makes me want to curl up with a book. :)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Personally, Stephane Lambiel's mountain chalet in Champery is my dream house. (especially if it comes with its residents - Stephane, Deniss, & Chris :biggrin: )
Although of course I wouldn't complain if someone offers the house of Scott or Michelle's and say "here this is a house for you" :p

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Try this.

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/scott-hamilton-selling-tennessee-estate/

Michelle's house is right down the street from Hammersmith Farm, which was Jacqueline Kennedy's childhood home and which served as the "summer white house" during President Kennedy's term in office.

Thank you!!!! :thank:

That is more my sort of taste. Warm and homely.

And look at that pool table! :shocked: An awful lot of work went into carving that. Oh, how I would want that included if I bought the house!

A thing I didn't like about Michelle's house was the scale of the garden features. Be it the feature area out the front, or the pool area, or the turning circle. They were kinda overbearing, and not in keeping with the house or the surroundings. Although Scott's house is more substantial, the simpler garden does suit it.

After seeing Michelle's house, I commented that I loved the setting within the trees. But, I think of Scott's house has the best of both worlds, because it not only has the privacy provided a wooded area (like Michelle has), but also has the neighbours close by (which Michelle doesn't).

Now, where do I find that £2.5 million...

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Got $ US 3.1 million? Scott Hamilton's house is on the market.

https://www.nhregister.com/realesta...re-Skater-Scott-Hamilton-Selling-13007847.php

Got 4.4 million? You can buy Michelle Kwan's digs. (scroll down.)

http://theweek.com/articles/777276/6-beautiful-homes-italian-influences

WHAT? Only a TWO car garage? What a dump! Even I have three cars and three motorcycles.....I am going to stop donating to her skating fund RIGHT NOW!
I bet she doesnt even clean her own toilets.....:noshake:
Chris who couldnt even afford the taxes, unless a certain foundation pays them for the owner... :laugh2:

(Hey, wait a minute....those are very nice marble floors in the kitchen...)
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/michelle-kwan-rhode-island-home/

Naaaahhhh...oh, wait a minute! I think I found a shack I could stomach!
https://www.lakehomesusa.com/waterf...ey-whitefish-swan-lake/mls3yd-MWMTAR-21713152

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally, Stephane Lambiel's mountain chalet in Champery is my dream house. (especially if it comes with its residents - Stephane, Deniss, & Chris :biggrin: )
Although of course I wouldn't complain if someone offers the house of Scott or Michelle's and say "here this is a house for you" :p

I will take Scott’s House as my primary residence, Michelle’s as my East Coast pied à terre, and Stéphane’s as my mountain vacation home.

Now if I just had a beachfront “cottage”, I’d be all set:laugh:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I remember seeing a housing show with Tara Lipinski's posh house. In South Carolina I think?

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Kwan originally bought the home (that is now on the market for 4.4 $ million) for $1.5 million in 2014 and has since completed a major renovation.
It's on the market for some time already (after her divorce in 2017).

How can you buy something like this that was renovated with her "personal" taste? Is it fitting your taste too?
It looks so sterile and not attractive at all.
I don't like the attitude trying to sell it quickly and for profit. But that's America.
Good luck to her.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Off topic, kind of, but how is that house at the end of The Week article only $270,000?

It's all because of the location (200 S. Brady Street | Attica). This house has some historic value and looking at the photos renovation was done with good supervision. If you love the style it's really cosy.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kwan originally bought the home (that is now on the market for 4.4 $ million) for $1.5 million in 2014 and has since completed a major renovation.
It's on the market for some time already (after her divorce in 2017).

How can you buy something like this that was renovated with her "personal" taste? Is it fitting your taste too?
It looks so sterile and not attractive at all.
I don't like the attitude trying to sell it quickly and for profit. But that's America.
Good luck to her.

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

She should hold onto the house and sell at a loss? In what country is that considered a viable way to deal with real estate?

I do not know Michelle and I do not know, nor do I want to know, her personal life. But I am presuming she did not predict divorce and did not predict having to put the house on the market so soon after renovating.

That said, all the high end houses that I have seen for sale have been renovated to their owner's personal taste. The billionaires, oligarchs, or whoever is going to buy a house priced so high has the money to renovate it again. At least they are keeping contractors employed:biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hehe....I thought this was another Harry Potter thread :eek::

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

She should hold onto the house and sell at a loss? In what country is that considered a viable way to deal with real estate?

I do not know Michelle and I do not know, nor do I want to know, her personal life. But I am presuming she did not predict divorce and did not predict having to put the house on the market so soon after renovating.

That said, all the high end houses that I have seen for sale have been renovated to their owner's personal taste. The billionaires, oligarchs, or whoever is going to buy a house priced so high has the money to renovate it again. At least they are keeping contractors employed:biggrin:

Well put and exactly right. There are lots of very wealthy people here in the US and around the world who use tax law to their advantage and have accrued large fortunes. If they want to buy airplanes/yatchs/houses-villas ah la Ottavio Cinquanta, then at least they spread their wealth to others through employment. MK certainly hasnt sold her home quickly and who knows if she will turn a profit as the cost of renovation can be very high and then there is real estate commission, taxes, etc.
Let's leave the poor girl alone. I am sad for her that she didnt have the 34 wonderful years I have had with my wife so far....divorce is a terrible thing even when it is the right thing to do. :sad21: