ISU: 3Lz3F combo? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

ISU: 3Lz3F combo?

Henni147

Final Flight
Yes. The language allowing jumps to land on the back inside edge of the other foot and be called based on the takeoff is not new -- it's been in the tech panel handbook for several years already, and before that I don't think there was any

What I believe is new is the language stating that this sort of landing is valid specifically for the first jump of a combination.
(If a skater lands on the opposite foot for a solo jump at the end of a combination, the tech panel should still call it as the intended jump, the tech panel should still call it as the intended jump, but it would be considered an error, for judges to reflect in GOE.)

The whole sequence (both jumps) receives 80% base value, not just the axel.
Thank you very much for that explanation!

Mindgame: would it be valid to jump a 3F at the end of the SP-combo?
Sample-layout:

4S
3A
====
4T+3F (instead of 4T+3T)

That would increase the BV by 1.21 points (10% bonus included)

I don't know, if it's worth the risk. Quads are hard enough to land on the usual foot...

gkelly

Record Breaker
I believe that would be legal.

I agree that it's hard enough to do it with a triple as the first jump, so I'd expect to see it with a first triple well before seeing it with a quad.

charlotte14

Medalist
Whoaaa.... forget about quad axels, quad-quads, etc. etc. etc. .... this is one of the coolest jumping passes ever! :rock:

Also, interesting to see that the rules are totally fine with it (I mean, I thought it was just the half-loop that you could land on another foot). Truly innovative and creative (and difficult too)!

Would love for Artur to bust out this combination next season! (Although if he also happens to do a quad axel, I guess that would be kinda cool too. :p )
The thing is... is this kind of landing on the left inside egde ok for the knee? Has anyone tried this for a long time? What if it ended up as a fall? Is it more dangerous than landing on the right outside edge?

Henni147

Final Flight
I believe that would be legal.

I agree that it's hard enough to do it with a triple as the first jump, so I'd expect to see it with a first triple well before seeing it with a quad.
I think so, too.

Anyway. That opens up the race for many new jump combinations we've never seen before! Won't be less exciting than the 4A or a quintuple :laugh: It might be a great chance for skaters like Jason to catch up with the quad guys. I mean:
A 3Lz+3F instead of a 3Lz+2T for example equals an upgrade from 3Lz to 4T.

I don't know how dangerous a LBI landing is, but can it be worse than a 4A? :scratch2:

gkelly

Record Breaker
I think it's less likely to fall from an inside edge landing because it's easier just to put your other foot down to stabilize yourself.

But there may well be different repetitive stress issues with the knee, hip, etc., from bad landings on the inside edge.

I just don't think many (other men, at least) will be attempting it. It looks like it might mess up the timing on 3Lz when training it, which might affect a 4Lz they might be training... And people would probably rather train a 4Lz.

charlotte14

Medalist
I think it's less likely to fall from an inside edge landing because it's easier just to put your other foot down to stabilize yourself.

But there may well be different repetitive stress issues with the knee, hip, etc., from bad landings on the inside edge.
Yeah this is what I am talking about, usually this kind of landing doesn’t generate speed and all the impact might not be transferred to the ice.