Rusty Hanger Award Nominations | Golden Skate

Rusty Hanger Award Nominations

ATW27

On the Ice
Well, their FD this year is the musical Cats, so we have a bit of "theme costuming" going on here. Oddly enough, Gudina & Beletski of Israel are also using Cats for their FD; click here for what they came up with, costume wise.
Looks like we may be having a "Battle of the Cats" this year :p
I'll bet Joesitz has something to say about this. :)

Andy W.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Shizuka's exhibition to Memory from Cats is very similar to Gudina's with the eye.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I don't know what planet the cats that inspired those costumes live on, but I hope it's not in a galaxy anyway near ours.....

bronxgirl

Medalist
On the E! network , Joan and Melissa Rivers would give out"golden hangers" to the best dressed on the read carpet for whatever award ceremony they were covering. The worst dressed of all would get a 'rusty hanger", so that's where this award name comes from

d12p

Rinkside
Here's an entire wardrobe nomination:

Anything that Johnny Weir has ever put on!

Has anyone seen the photos on the US Figure Skating Website?
Nice magneta v-neck and pink lipstick Johnny...... :rofl: (because they don't have a vomitting smiley)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I would have to say that Johnny Weir, costume-wise, might be the only skater I've ever seen who makes Toller Cranston look positively understated.....

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hmmm....

Looks like we need to start a new category for "off ice" Rusty Hanger Awards! ITA that the "low cut" pink shirt on Johnny was an eye brow raiser, at least for me. Also the too tight jeans he tried on (and bought??) during the shopping fluff clip from NHK if you saw that.

DG

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I had to laugh, yesterday my oldest daughter was here when the skating was on and she looked at Johnny Wier and thought he was a girl because of his costume. :rofl:

I like Pechalet and Bourzat's version. (BTW, Doggygirl, the web site changed the picture back to the first one, so we can't tell who was on top any more, LOL.)

He's definitely McCavity. (McCavity wasn't there! LOL.) I don't know whether she is a particular character. It's cool.

MM

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL Mathman...

It's probably a good thing they replaced that picture. Believe me, there was no need for a caption "expaining" who was on the bottom in that other shot. If I could "spread 'em" like that, I would have guys lining up to marry me forever even if I lived to be 200 years old.

DG