Clay Aiken's New Christmas CD | Golden Skate

Clay Aiken's New Christmas CD

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Bought this the other day and it is fantastic. I've all but worn it out playing it. Totally recommend it!!! 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was wondering when someone would post about it here... I've been so sick I haven't gone out and gotten it yet :(

anya_angie

Final Flight
Finally, he goes to something he can actually sing! I heard him sing The Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth with Bing Crosby's recording, excellent. So is his First Noel. If the album is anything like those two, I'll buy it.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Clay has his own Christmas special on Dec. 8th.........the other idols are lumped together with a special this Wednesday I think............42

I'm waiting for my Clay Christmas CD to arrive!!! I ordered it from Amazon, it's supposed to arrive no later than 12/5.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I bought my copy on the 16th & have played it several times. It is a traditional type of Christmas album, really beautiful. His book "Learning to Sing" came out the same day & my daughter has read it & tells me it is very uplifting & inspirational. I hope to read it soon. BTW, Fans: you do know that he has a 2005 Calendar out for sale, don't you?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes, but I hate how most photographers have him pose. He IS photogenic, but the "wanna be sexy" poses and the "natural" poses never leave me with those feelings... some of them are just dumb/tacky looking... but that's just me. I have my own style of posing people (ie letting them pose themselves with just a hint of guidence) so I guess I'm just being picky...

I want to read his book but to say it's "inspirational" does not give me enough to go on. I don't want to go into reading it thinking one way and then freak out when he says something that contradicts to some things that he's said in teh past that I've sort of expanded on(mainly the whole Southern Baptist thing... but I've kept an open mind of just how much in line he is with what they teach) :yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I got my CD the day after Thanksgiving!! and I haven't stopped listening to it since! I love it!!!!!! Get your copy NOW!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I've read the book now..."Learning to Sing". It was very interesting & inspirational in the sense of inspiring young people who are teased/bullied/ignored by peers to persevere & believe in themselves. To be themselves & not attempt to conform to others' standards that go against their personal beliefs. The first half is about his childhood & trying to fit in. The last half are his experiences on Idol, dealing with the criticism & the fame since leaving the show.
Toni, while he mentions his strong belief in God & the gift that God has given him it is not inspirational in terms of religious beliefs.
Dec. 8th--A Clay Aiken Christmas on NBC,

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Merry, I've ordered Clay's book through Amazon and should be receiving it soon. I think Clay is one of the great musical finds of the last ten years (if not longer). The clarity of his voice, the range, and the passion of his musical interpretations is simply amazing.........can't wait for his holiday special tonight!!! 42

My CD arrived and my husband listened to it before I had a chance to! It is a good one....but then again, it's hard for me to criticize Christmas music! :p
I'm taping Clay's special tonight because we'll be watching LOST.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is a switch for me, because I am a huge "Lost" fan. I'm taping "Lost", watching Clay's special, and then I'll watch "Lost". The best of both worlds! I love it! :laugh: 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm taping Clay's special and going to a Christmas Concert at my church. "This Hope" is performing... they're nationally known now, but once upon a time they were just from a little podunk church in my hometown! *swells with pride*

oh and my mom is begging for her own copy of Clay's CD... I love converts! :D

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
another Clay recommendation....

I'll have to tape it tonight as well - I'll be at the symphony.

Another recommendation: the Aladdin DVD has a video of Clay performing 'Proud of Your Boy' - a song that was cut from the movie during development. I can play it over and over. There also a nice clip about the history of the song and Clay recording the song with the orchestra. One to skip on the DVD: Nick and Jessica's remake of 'A Whole New World' - Nick is OK, but Jessica is awful. The remake was totally unnecessary.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I taped Clay this morning on "The Today Show". His book is currently #4 on the NY Times best sellers list. (I assume that's in the non-fiction category). He said that during the taping of tonight's special they just let the camera role between songs so you get a feel for the interaction between Clay, Barry Manilow & Yolanda Adams. He also said that with the first duet he was to sing with Barry, he just froze because he couldn't believe he was to sing with Manilow. Aside from the fabulous voice that Clay has, his personality is so refreshing. He's becoming a Super Star & it's well deserved.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
Can you say AMAZING? I haven't worn mine out, and I enjoy listening to, and singing along with, Clay so much. Thank you, Clay! đź‘Ť