Denis Ten | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

odaimyo

Rinkside
I am really impressed of how good he is as the athlete ambassador. I paid more attention to Denis after I saw some fancam from WC 2015, (though I totally watched it bcs of Yuzu at first). The way he answered the questions is very good. Quirky & entertaining.
And after following some news about the bidding for Olympic 2022, I totally respect him more. Even the way he graciously deal with the outcome! Respect. He's totally not 'just' an athlete.

Barb

Record Breaker
I am really impressed of how good he is as the athlete ambassador. I paid more attention to Denis after I saw some fancam from WC 2015, (though I totally watched it bcs of Yuzu at first). The way he answered the questions is very good. Quirky & entertaining.
And after following some news about the bidding for Olympic 2022, I totally respect him more. Even the way he graciously deal with the outcome! Respect. He's totally not 'just' an athlete.

:yes:

SunDae

Rinkside
Agree with you 100%. There are some athletes who are able to show world class abilities both on and off the ice. For me, the Shibutanis have this in spades as well.

I think maybe this is also why they seem to be such good friends.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Denis in the new season! :) Wish he will finally win the world title, which is so deserving and long overdue for someone such talented and hard-working like Denis :yes:, and he can stay injury-free until 2017-18 season is over. :cheer:

PorcoPlane

Rinkside
His instagram post:
To compete or to complete? What if I try both. A story is a complete product — it has a start, it has an end. A plot itself is hidden in between and it is what makes the actual story. To come up with it is one thing, to realize - another, to deliver it - truly a challenge. But how to fit a story in 2:50 or 4:40? I found a solution once... In 2013. Was being an "Artist" back then. This time, it's a bit more personal. What the heck do I mean? You'll see and hopefully understand. :) #dilogy #2015 #2016
Ok...

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Typical Denis, he tells us everything and nothing at the same time :laugh: he's got a gift for words no doubt about that.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Denis's thread used to be owned by a banned member. Since we are now able to reassign ownership of an OP without making everyone change their bookmarks, I would like to ask whether any of his fans would like to take over ownership of his OP?

Please PM me if you would like to do this?

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Thank you Doris !
Dear all, please let me know if you would like me to add anything. :cheer:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has there been any news on his programs? Did I miss it? :confused:

Yeah...I checked the 'programs by discipline' thread and nothing is listed over there. I can't wait to see what he brings us this season. Someone has to know something :cool:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yeah...I checked the 'programs by discipline' thread and nothing is listed over there. I can't wait to see what he brings us this season. Someone has to know something :cool:

Well, knowing how cryptic Denis can be, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't reveal the real deal until SA. :)

PorcoPlane

Rinkside
Well, this is his typical Denis post #2 in Facebook page:
In the season of 2012-2013, I had the pleasure to introduce a unique conception of 2 programs being connected to each other.

I still remember how intimidating it was to call mr. Carroll to share the concept I felt in love with. And I also remember how surprising it was when my head-coach approved the idea. Lori Nichol, my super-choreographer, and I were never thaaat excited to start working on a "real" set of new programs.

But the real challenge was to actually present the programs in a skating competition. Nobody ever used the same conception before and we didn't know what to expect.

However, the programs "Artist" became one of the most special and, in some ways, crucial in my career. I won the first World Championships medal in the history of Kazakhstani sports, and, also fell in love with the concept so much that I dreamt to do it some day in the future again.

Happily, this mini-dream has been fulfilled for the upcoming season.

My new programs will consist of 2 parts, where the character himself faces a lifelong dilemma and everything will be revolving over one thing that makes us human beings. Emotions. And I'll try my best to deliver the Emotions to the audience.

D
Nothing new.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Denis is deep!! So the way I'm reading this he is doing two new programs but the character and theme will once again be the same in both. Already sounds like something I will like!

here's D10 practicing

https://instagram.com/p/8N_AZYKEJZ/

not sure if this is part of his competitive program though

Of course the video clip that is released is of amazing steps. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: