Denis Ten | Page 72 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

noeleyle

On the Ice
Also, a member of the team, Dias Jirenbayev, is a student from d10academy, and had taken part in Denis's masterclasses twice. He says Denis is an idol to him and he has a pair of skates with Denis's autograph at home. He doesn't have a 3A yet (and I doubt if he will) but his skating is nice.

noeleyle

On the Ice
I almost forgot this thread lol but just saying that kaz has a whole team going to compete at Universiade now, two men one girl and a dance (no pair yet). Denis always wanted a thriving national team. He'd be happy to see this :)
Correction: there are actually two girls. My bad)

noeleyle

On the Ice
Denis Ten - The Greatest Show: a documentary about 2018 Denis&Friends ice show's backstage stories, directed by Denis himself:

Aside from the ice show itself, the documentary also includes the making of Denis's own program, She Won't Be Mine (music creation with Dimash, choreography with Shae-Lynn, and MV filming with a director I unfortunately am not familiar with), Denis helping Voronov choreograph the Free program, “Way Down We Go”, and Denis endlessly calling around, asking about ticket print standards, sending invitations, etc (our young host was such a caring workaholic :)))
Denis himself interviewed the cast about their impression of Kazakhstan, and their understanding of figure skating shows. We can even hear Nobunari Oda speaking Russian here (it's so cute)).

noeleyle

On the Ice
Some (clumpsy because my Russian is bad) translations from the documentary:

After around 26:40: The body movements that you present can create a "vaccum" of energy, and it's like... how should I put it, like a kind of bioenergy, bioforce. I want to share. I have something in my heart that I want to... I want to use that to charge (bring energy to) people. I know it can be done. I don't know if it will work. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. But there are moments when you realize that...these people who came to your show, they sacrificed a precious night, they left their homes, they paid for it, they dropped other plans; There are people who were not interested but come anyway; they may have just had a bad day and come to the show; they may have just had a good day and come to the show. You realize you need to give all these people the highest quality show to make their day better... if they had a bad day, the show should be good enough to make them forget about it; if they had a great day, this show should be even better than that. People shouldn't regret what they did (for the show). Circumstances may vary, but if 90 percent of the 12,000 viewers look satisfied...then the job is done right.

After around 31:05: You have to understand the greatness of the stars who come to Kazakhstan to participate in the ice show... I can't get tired of saying this: just like Cristiano Ronaldo in football, Roger Federer in tennis... and um... maybe Tiger Woods in golf. Something like this. That is, real top stars. For example, darn, Alena Savchenko and Bruno Massa came to our show. It's huge! They have an insanely tight schedule, but they came to our show, probably in between tours in Japan, and they took a week off when everyone else went home, but They didn't go back, they came to Kazakhstan for a show, and then they came back to Japan. ……Wow. This is really... it means a lot, and I really appreciate it. Who are they? Alena Savchenko and Bruno Massa, legends of the sport, the hottest athletes in the world today, the brightest Olympic champions of the last Olympics. This duo has the most amazing story, think about how much they've accomplished in such a short time... then they come to Kazakhstan to perform and show their skills - and people don't even know who they are. It's amazing. I love it. You're like, "Wow, they don't even know what great athletes are performing in front of them."

At the end: You see, this (feeling of watching the show) cannot be explained, it must be felt. Therefore, unfortunately, no video can convey those emotions. My task is to give people such pleasure that for a second they can forget their name, forget the world around them, forget the everyday problems. My task is simply to allow them to plunge into the woven atmosphere at least once, to get into a certain holiday, which many of us have lost in the everyday routine.

noeleyle

On the Ice
Denis talking about his own understanding of an ice show around 41:15:
You know, the project itself is like... the very idea of the project is like a “shooting star”: if you saw it, you are lucky; if you missed it, you just missed it. So for me every spectator present in the hall is a person who sees a shooting star. I want the show to be like a shooting star, to be like “WOW!!” - - and that's it.

noeleyle

On the Ice
According to messages from the Denis Ten Foundation, this season's Denis Ten Memorial Challenge will be FREE, in celebration of Denis's 30th birthday.

The special gala will invite Shae-Lynn and Marie-Pierre (an acrobatic skater who has performed twice in Denis's shows) and will include a fashion show on ice with works by artists from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. The gala will require tickets.

ins: @denistenfoundation

Marirue

On the Ice
According to messages from the Denis Ten Foundation, this season's Denis Ten Memorial Challenge will be FREE, in celebration of Denis's 30th birthday.

The special gala will invite Shae-Lynn and Marie-Pierre (an acrobatic skater who has performed twice in Denis's shows) and will include a fashion show on ice with works by artists from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. The gala will require tickets.

ins: @denistenfoundation
Wow