Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Denis Ten: We won't forget you

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting, I didn't interpret it like that. He knows, and Frank knows, he would have more momentum by doing well in the GPs. Denis was considering taking the season off, so he was underprepared. What happened happened, and it'd be stupid to dwell on his poor gp events and let it affect the later part of his season, and frankly, it is important to peak at the right time(aka world's and olympics), especially in figure skating. I highly doubt he truly doesn't care about the gp. Doing well there would boost his reputation and trust with judges.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Interesting, I didn't interpret it like that. He knows, and Frank knows, he would have more momentum by doing well in the GPs. Denis was considering taking the season off, so he was underprepared. What happened happened, and it'd be stupid to dwell on his poor gp events and let it affect the later part of his season, and frankly, it is important to peak at the right time(aka world's and olympics), especially in figure skating. I highly doubt he truly doesn't care about the gp. Doing well there would boost his reputation and trust with judges.
    Yes, the way you interpret it is what I would like him to mean; that he peaks into the season and frankly skaters excel at different times, some at their Nationals, some early on, so in that way it is totally okay. I

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I have always liked Dennis but that 4CC skate was one of the most well rounded and meaningful skates of the season. I think it will be the one that sets the bar for all others going forward, at least in my eyes. I hope he does well at the WC's and sticks around a few more years.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Can't believe I had to go to the third page to find this thread!

Anyway, I just wanted to show the forum this lovely photo of Denis and a certain somebody ( ) wearing traditional Kazakh dress. And this seemed the most appropriate place to do it.

A magical day in Almaty!

Thanks to Anna for sharing this photo with us!

And while I'm at it, here is another a photo of them with a certain Mr. Joubert and one of the best Male-Male Pairs teams around, Jean-Denis Sanchis (FRA) / Aleksander Liubchenko (UKR).

Anna Ovcharova, Aleksander Liubchenko, Brian Joubert, Denis Ten, and Jean-Denis Sanchis at Medeo

Thanks to Denis for sharing this photo with us!

Hope you like them

CaroLiza_fan

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    is that girl Denis' girl friend?
    there is 3A between snow mountains
    https://instagram.com/p/z89Y4aO4_y/
    and
    https://instagram.com/p/z4zvwMO4yA/
    just legendary!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    is that girl Denis' girl friend?
    there is 3A between snow mountains
    https://instagram.com/p/z89Y4aO4_y/
    and
    https://instagram.com/p/z4zvwMO4yA/
    just legendary!
    I hope not...

That's Anna Ovcharova (ISU Bio). Anna is originally from Moscow, and used to skate for Russia at Junior level. But then she had a lot of problems with one of her legs, and was out of action for a long time.

During her period away, Anna's family moved to Geneva. In 2013, Anna was 2nd in her first Swiss Championships. Then, last year, she won them, and was selected to represent Switzerland at the World Championships, where she impressed a lot of people.

This year, she was scheduled to make her Senior GP debut at the NHK Trophy, but instead made her debut as a late replacement at the TEB. Neither GP went as well as hoped (11th in Japan, 12th in France)

Anna finished 2nd at this year's Nationals, behind Eveline Brunner. Hence, Eveline was selected for this year's Worlds, with Anna the reserve.

Anna and Denis have been really good friends for years. So, I think that is why she was invited to whatever this event is!

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but eveybody who has been here a while knows that I am a real fan-boy when it comes to Anna!

CaroLiza_fan

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!

Gold for the Winter Prince! demarinis5's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    That was a great interview. Such a sweet and humble young man. Great to hear that he is planning on
    having another ice show. His show last year was first rate. Good luck to him at Worlds!

0 Not allowed!
    Aleksander Liubchenko has posted a behind-the-scenes video from the event I was talking about above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_rgHDUWqkg

Not too sure about the music, but the footage was great!

Hope you enjoy it!

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    OK, I just went to post the video link to Brian's Fan Fest, and found that gallavich posted it in there last night. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Brian skated in a show with Denis Ten in Almaty, KZ last weekend, as some might know.

Interview with some photos

Video (behind the scenes & some footage of Brian in practice - I didn't see any video from the show yet)

The scenery is so beautiful (outdoor rink in the mountains)!
    The interview is very intersting, but I do despair at some of the questions that these journalists ask!

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    D10 is sweet

ugh Im so torn I want both Yuzu & Denis to win WC

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpova View Post
    D10 is sweet

ugh Im so torn I want both Yuzu & Denis to win WC
    Well, why not look at it this way: You've two shots at happiness. If either of them wins....

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck at the Worlds Denis. I hope to see you on the podium along with Taka Kozuka!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2015/03/denis-ten/
    “Maybe I’ll have three quads, two different types,” - Denis Ten. Good luck Denis!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Denis did a nearly clean (only skipped final 2A) FS run-through. Fans were excited.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTE5MjkxNTk2.html
    Denis' LP run-through fancam.
    noticeable changes in choreo, especially nuances, compare to 4CC, movement flows even better with music. I really love how Denis and choreo interprets the texture and feel of traditional Chinese instrument Xiao here. it is a nostalgic instrument. it has the feeling of attachment, although reluctant to part with but ... have to. Like a Condor circling around in the sky before finally departure.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    noticeable changes in choreo, especially nuances, compare to 4CC, movement flows even better with music. I really love how Denis and choreo interprets the texture and feel of traditional Chinese instrument Xiao here. it is a nostalgic instrument. it has the feeling of attachment, although reluctant to part with but ... have to. Like a Condor circling around in the sky before finally departure.
    Thanks for the link! Oooh, nice one D10!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. I am aware Western commentators (Simon Reed, Kurt Browning) do not seem to "get" Denis' program, but I find it beautiful and evocative.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast